Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

It saddens you, it'll fucking kill me.

Fuck Interference alters. We need alters to vote in the election. Just spam marginal electorates with Labour voters.

coolian2 said:

And i should add, all for personal greed. Tax cuts? Yeah, like the average person will ever see a red cent of them.

JOHN KEY ISN'T THE AVERAGE PERSON?

WHO KNEW.

Axver said:

Time to die, Daniel.

I mean, the song selection was largely crap, the song performances were crap, Bono's vocals were crap, the America lovefest was crap ... I can't think of anything besides Gone and the reappearance of a few lost tracks that wasn't crap!

Sure. Thats bound to happen if you're going to go through a listen to the whole tour and grab snippets from left right. I guess it appeals to me because thats the period of time when I fell in Love with U2.

Well the Elevation tour was at its end.....but....y'know.

Oh, I do enjoy The Fly from Elevation. What do you guys have against it?

I really like The Fly from that tour, too. Mainly for the intro and that sliding guitar riff/chord/thing between the intro and the kick into the actual song.

bono_man2002 said:

Sure. Thats bound to happen if you're going to go through a listen to the whole tour and grab snippets from left right. I guess it appeals to me because thats the period of time when I fell in Love with U2.

Well the Elevation tour was at its end.....but....y'know.

Actually, that's not the case at all. I've snippet-checked most tours and the following happened:

UF, Popmart: opinion didn't change.
JT, Lovetown: liked them more
ZooTV, Elevation: liked them much, much less

coolian2 said:

It's not The Fly from Zoo or Vertigo.

It isn't bad in itself, but compared to other incarnations it is rather bad.

I agree with this partially. I think Vertigo was clearly the best version, Larry's drumming aside. I wouldn't place ZooTV and Elevation that far apart though. ZooTV was solid, while Elevation's reinvention was interesting and one of the rare examples of creativity on that tour.

Screwtape2 said:
I like the Fly on Elevation but the real crime was Discotheque. Way to take the kick out of a song. :(

Quoted for truth. Elevation Discotheque is dead boring.

phillyfan26 said:

That's great. I like Diemen, seems really nice. Also posts occassionally in FYM, usually dropping BOMBS on Diamond.

Well shucks... :wink:

It was great to watch U23D with someone who knew all the inside jokes. And I can relate that cori is indeed as cool in person as she is online. Had a great time, cori! :)

Axver said:

Actually, that's not the case at all. I've snippet-checked most tours and the following happened:

UF, Popmart: opinion didn't change.
JT, Lovetown: liked them more
ZooTV, Elevation: liked them much, much less

:shrug:

All this talk of Tours/Bootlegs though is going to make me dig up my DVD's and chuck 'em on my External Hard Drive.

Snippet-checking 25 November 1989, Tokyo right now. Mmm, Lovetown. :drool:

Some PLEBAn wrote a description of how Bono walks, and I noticed it's the exact same way I walk.

Diemen said:

Well shucks... :wink:

It was great to watch U23D with someone who knew all the inside jokes. And I can relate that cori is indeed as cool in person as she is online. Had a great time, cori! :)

:hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom