Fucking, Austria Superthread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Looked at a painting of a cow relieving itself.
Uhm, awesome?

Y'know the funny thing is, Melbourne's full of weird arty stuff like that... sculptures everywhere. It feels like the Docklands were set out by a Mr. Sculptureville Abstract McCrazy.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

It's the next step after Kyoto. Get rid of 6am-10am. There goes the morning peak hour, and with it, shitloads of pollution!

Who's with me on this?
"What do we want?!"
"NO MORNINGS!"
"When do we want them?!"
"NEVER!"

Has a certain ring to it...

Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #303
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Uhm, awesome?

Y'know the funny thing is, Melbourne's full of weird arty stuff like that... sculptures everywhere. It feels like the Docklands were set out by a Mr. Sculptureville Abstract McCrazy.

We figured out Ali's weird sculpture doohickey near Crown is most likely a flower.

We looked around some of the art gallery before they shooed us out. There was some cool stuff there, including various ancient Egyptian and Roman items. When they shooed us out, we were looking through the 17th-18th century European paintings, including the painting I just mentioned - in one corner, you can see a cow relieving itself. It's ... so random.

I also got spectacularly ripped off for water at the art gallery. $3 for a 250mL bottle! COME ON. But I needed something to keep me alive ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #304
Vocal parasite

Quote:

"What do we want?!"
"NO MORNINGS!"
"When do we want them?!"
"NEVER!"

Has a certain ring to it...
You bring the loudspeaker; I'll start on the banners now. This will be the most memorable protest since ... the Eureka stockade? Except without the whole rebellion component. Unless they try to lengthen mornings. In which case, they die.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Fucking Austria, I'm off to bed
Old 03-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

We figured out Ali's weird sculpture doohickey near Crown is most likely a flower.

We looked around some of the art gallery before they shooed us out. There was some cool stuff there, including various ancient Egyptian and Roman items. When they shooed us out, we were looking through the 17th-18th century European paintings, including the painting I just mentioned - in one corner, you can see a cow relieving itself. It's ... so random.

I also got spectacularly ripped off for water at the art gallery. $3 for a 250mL bottle! COME ON. But I needed something to keep me alive ...
Did you see the flame towers at Crown? Those things are amazingly cool. I've seen them emit balls of flame.

$3 for a 250ml water bottle? Damn. That... sucks. And I can't think of anything witty to say about that.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #307
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Axver or Maj. Panic: Do either of you have a good version of Please live (preferably Popmart 4th leg)?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #308
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
Fucking Austria, I'm off to bed
Fuck off!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #309
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Axver or Maj. Panic: Do either of you have a good version of Please live (preferably Popmart 4th leg)?
The Sarajevo performance from 23 September 1997 really does own all.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #310
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Wouldn't Bono's vocals be shit on that, though?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #311
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

You bring the loudspeaker; I'll start on the banners now. This will be the most memorable protest since ... the Eureka stockade? Except without the whole rebellion component. Unless they try to lengthen mornings. In which case, they die.
Stuff the Eureka Stockade, we'll go for bigger than the French Revolution. We'll blockade Swanston Street or something, wave a huge red flag just cause it looks cool, and doze on the barricade.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #312
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Did you see the flame towers at Crown? Those things are amazingly cool. I've seen them emit balls of flame.

$3 for a 250ml water bottle? Damn. That... sucks. And I can't think of anything witty to say about that.
Yeah, I've seen them before. When I first visited Melbourne in 2003, I had a great time watching them. They seem considerably less active these days. No flames while we were there, but we left before it got dark.

Yeah, way to gouge a captive market. Pricks. Lesson learnt: bring your own bottle of water.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #313
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Stuff the Eureka Stockade, we'll go for bigger than the French Revolution. We'll blockade Swanston Street or something, wave a huge red flag just cause it looks cool, and doze on the barricade.
Let's just move our rooms to the middle of Swanston Street and stage a sleep-until-11am-a-thon.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
The Sarajevo performance is great. The Israel one, from memory, is also pretty good. And that's all I've listened to in terms of Popmart boots.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #315
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Wouldn't Bono's vocals be shit on that, though?
It's easily the most intense, emotional performance of the song ever. No competition.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread