Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
BTBS at Zoo TV Dublin has a little more than any of the other versions, too.

Hadn't noticed that actually, but that's because I normally just roll my eyes and go "meh" when BTBS comes on.

major_panic said:

:laugh: Because I actually enjoy church. "Contemporary" church with rock music for the win, although pop theology for the lose.

I'm Catholic. We don't have music aside from an organ player and a creepy lady who sings while making facial expressions somewhere between heavenly bliss and psychopathic murderer. Either way, not good.

major_panic said:

Hadn't noticed that actually, but that's because I normally just roll my eyes and go "meh" when BTBS comes on.

ZooTV Bullet is the only kind I can listen to anymore.

Axver said:

They did Pop Muzik / Discotheque to open the encore at 17 September 2005, Toronto.

And damnit, now you've got me listening to Mofo. I need to sleep! :lol:

THERE'S NO BOOT FOR THAT SHOW!!!!

:scream:

phillyfan26 said:

I'm Catholic. We don't have music aside from an organ player and a creepy lady who sings while making facial expressions somewhere between heavenly bliss and psychopathic murderer. Either way, not good.

I've always had this love/hate sorta thing about going to one of those traditional churches. I love the idea of the tradition and stuff, but I'm kinda weirded out by what might happen if I visit one.

Axver said:
No, Rock's Hottest Ticket is 29 April 1987, Chicago. You will adore the performance of Exit on it, and it has a great cover of Springhill Mining Town too.

I believe 26 December 1989, Dublin is normally titled Christmas At The Point.
*makes notes*

major_panic said:

Dude, ZooTV Bullet is made of many kinds of SuperWin. Bono sings it really strongly, and Edge's solo is by far one of his best.

Y'know, I tried to play the drum part of WTSHNN today. It's surprisingly difficult, almost impossible without a lot of practice. Most of Larry's stuff I can usually pick up fairly easily.

Is there a boot for 9/20 Vertigo Chicago? That's like the most SuperWin Vertigo setlist ever.

major_panic said:
Y'know, I tried to play the drum part of WTSHNN today. It's surprisingly difficult, almost impossible without a lot of practice. Most of Larry's stuff I can usually pick up fairly easily.

Make yourself feel better by playing IWF. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
Nothing weird happens at all, actually. It's just boring.

Fair enough. I hate being bored.

You should bring along a GameBoy or something, lvl up ur pokemanz.

Oh, and Please -> Streets is made of so many kinds of SuperWin, especially Sarajevo's.

phillyfan26 said:
Is there a boot for 9/20 Vertigo Chicago? That's like the most SuperWin Vertigo setlist ever.

Yes, and stunningly good quality for an audience tape.

The performance of The Electric Co. is frankly the best ever.

phillyfan26 said:

There is, and I think you're right:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. The Electric Co. / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (snippet) / Three Little Birds (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
5. The Ocean
6. Walk On
7. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
10. Yahweh
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

encore(s):
18. Discothèque
19. The Fly / Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet)
20. With Or Without You
21. All Because Of You
22. The First Time
23. Bad / 40 (snippet)

When I catch you at a reasonable hour, I'm going to ask for about half of that show. :hyper:

major_panic said:
4. The Electric Co. / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (snippet) / Three Little Birds (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
6. Walk On
18. Discothèque
22. The First Time
23. Bad / 40 (snippet)

:drool:

I will say, the performance of Streets from Sarajevo is pretty good too!

On that note, it's 1am and I must sleep in order to fulfil my promise to myself. Even if I'm not sleepy.

Breakfast then church. BBL, OMG, M I RITE??? :hi5:

But seriously, I'll be back in a couple hours.

major_panic said:
7. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
13. Bullet The Blue Sky / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
17. One / Ol' Man River (snippet)
23. Bad / 40 (snippet)
That looks distinctly Lichtensteinian.

Must listen to Sarajevo! I have, but haven't burned it off or listened yet... :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom