Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Axver: what is Bono singing over the end of One Tree Hill that you sent me? It sounds like he's making that all up.

Yeah, Bono's verse and Edge's solo are both completely improvised.

Fuck it's intense too.

Axver said:

I suspect you mean 16:16 Bad. That's the longest performance of the song; the longest performance of any U2 song ever is the 16:45 version of 40 on 31 January 1985 in Cologne.

Yeah, the mp3 length is 18 mins, the first bit is just Bono rambling as usual.

major_panic said:
All we need is some free beer and a sausage sizzle, and we've automatically become one of the best groups in the uni.

Man I love sausage sizzles, and their Australianness.

Sausage sizzles are made of win.

Free chocolate would be made of SuperWin.

phillyfan26 said:

This is true.

Is the best verson of Bad the RAH version?

The best version of Bad is automatically any version you see live.

Otherwise, hmmm. Live Aid is up there, but RAH is really intense too. No idea really.

major_panic said:

The best version of Bad is automatically any version you see live.

Otherwise, hmmm. Live Aid is up there, but RAH is really intense too. No idea really.

Unless it was the Elevation Tour.

Axver said:

Sausage sizzles are made of win.

Free chocolate would be made of SuperWin.

Free chocolate is easy, just go to hospital and people give it to you. :wink:

I wonder why more groups at uni don't do that. Probably cause chocolate is more expensive than sausages.

phillyfan26 said:
Any idea what words he's saying? :wink:

No bloody idea; I've never seen anyone work it out. I'll give it a play in a minute though and give you my interpretation - then I'll have to go to bed.

Just listening to Please from Popmart Sarajevo. Fuck this is just amazing. Around about the five minute mark, the song just goes into overdrive. The amount of emotion in this is incredible.

major_panic said:

Free chocolate is easy, just go to hospital and people give it to you. :wink:

I wonder why more groups at uni don't do that. Probably cause chocolate is more expensive than sausages.

:lol: I don't really plan to have my appendix out any time soon though. :wink:

Yeah, sausages are pretty bloody cheap.

phillyfan26 said:

This is true.

Is the best verson of Bad the RAH version?

I think it is. But I am a little biased. Three songs converted me from casual fan to the fan I am today:

- Gone, New Mix
- Bad, RAH
- 11OTT, UABRS video

major_panic said:

:lol: Almost everything fails if it was Elevation Tour.

And re OTH: interesting. Anyone mind sending it to me?

I'll give it a shot, as I haven't tried sending one before.

major_panic said:

Which OTH is this?

The best performance of any song by anybody ever.

But don't let my hype suck you in. What's your e-mail address again? I'll pass it on.

Axver said:

The best performance of any song by anybody ever.

But don't let my hype suck you in. What's your e-mail address again? I'll pass it on.

I just sent it to him if you wanna get some sleep. :)

major_panic said:
:lol: Almost everything fails if it was Elevation Tour.

Quoted for truth.

We were really fairly fortunate to miss out on it. Especially as by the time it would have come down here, it would have been that horrible America lovefest.

Axver said:

I think it is. But I am a little biased. Three songs converted me from casual fan to the fan I am today:

- Gone, New Mix
- Bad, RAH
- 11OTT, UABRS video

The initial thing that caused me to become a U2 fan was Vertigo. :reject:

After that, I think it was hearing Bad live at Melbourne2 Vertigo that really hooked me. Cause after that, I joined Interference, started downloading boots, bought Pop, etc.

major_panic said:
Uhm, awesome?

Y'know the funny thing is, Melbourne's full of weird arty stuff like that... sculptures everywhere. It feels like the Docklands were set out by a Mr. Sculptureville Abstract McCrazy.
:lmao:!!

The area along Crown and Southbank is bad enough....

My parents had The Best of 1980-1990. I bought 90-00. Then I bought Joshua Tree. One thing to another, May 2006, here I arrive.

phillyfan26 said:

I just sent it to him if you wanna get some sleep. :)

Thanks! My email's still trying to process through sending 18min Bad, but it looks like I have just recieved it.

I'm currently listening to 18min Bad, and it really puzzles me how they're managing to, and are going to continue to, drag the song out. It's only at 9 mins!

Axver said:

Quoted for truth.

We were really fairly fortunate to miss out on it. Especially as by the time it would have come down here, it would have been that horrible America lovefest.

That's probably why it didn't come down here... The reaction to hearing that in Australia would've been... interesting, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom