Fuck Fur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This shit really pisses me off...

Especially for something like fur which in this day and age is completely unnecessary...

As someone who believes in the rights of animals I will allow someone to argue about the virtues of meat or vivisection for pharmaceutical testing (even though I don't agree with it). But there is no reason for this other than fashion and greed...

It's a shame this is from PETA though, you are bound to get the usual crowd who will come in and naysay the whole thing...

I am not clicking on that link. The fur industry is disgusting. Everyone profiting from the horrid deaths of these creatures should be ashamed. I can't understand why fur is so expensive and considered such a high class luxury. I equate it more to neanderthals who wore the hides of dead animals because they didn't have anything else to cover themselves with. I don't see fur coats as attractive at all and I don't think much of anyone who would buy one knowing the truth about how they are made.

I watched the whole thing...while crying :| :crack:

I just don't understand why people kill animals just for the leather. It's so stupid!

I watched about 30 seconds or so. Why did I watch??? :banghead:

People who mistreat or torture animals should die a slow painful death!

elevated_u2_fan said:

It's a shame this is from PETA though, you are bound to get the usual crowd who will come in and naysay the whole thing...

peta have done this to themselves and don't deserve to be taken seriously.

if you want to look at an organization that wants to make a difference, maybe take a look at greenpeace. they're not a laughing stock, and people respect what they have to say.

as soon as i see or hear anything from peta, i shut it off. not interested.

That video is disgusting, and I'm not easily disturbed or disgusted. I would not watch it if you are someone who easily gets emotional over animals or doesn't like blood.

Caroni said:
Why so much hate agaisnt PETA

Did you miss this??

http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

PETA has long been 'rescuing' dogs and cats for the sole purpose of killing them. No, this is not the same thing as a shelter intending to find homes but being unable, they were intentionally lying to people to hand over pets and help them round up pets so that they could put them in 'foster homes' and adopt them out. They claimed to have a facility and plenty of waiting homes. They even lied and said they had found homes. In reality, there was no shelter or foster homes, only death at the hands of people who mostly weren't even legally qualified to deliver euthanasia, and being disposed of in out of the way dipsy dumpsters.

They are opposed to no kill shelters. They even go to no kill shelters and take pets out claiming they have homes for them. People think, oh it's PETA they love animals! Wrong. The animals were killed in the van before they even got far down the road. There were no waiting homes. PETA was literally taking the pets out of no kill shelters and away from rescuers just to kill them. It seems PETA hates dogs and cats for two reasons, one, they are carnivorous hunters and cannot be changed to a vegan diet, and two, because they don't want them running around but don't feel life with humans is a good option so they're better off dead. This is sick and twisted and scary. It makes me ILL how many celebrities give them money thinking they are helping animals when stuff like this is going on. If you can stomach the links, you'll see mounds of dead dogs retrieved from dumpsters where PETA workers literally hid the bodies after lying about the animals' fates.:mad: :sad:

I think the reason a lot of other people hate them because they are so annoying and their methods so odd they damage their own cause by coming off as freaks and extremists. The woman in charge of PETA, if you read the articles in the link, is very strange and dangerous. Please, don't give your money or support to this wacky organization. There are much better animal charities.

Last edited:
My God,how can you live with yourself knowing you just killed or about an innocent animal:sad: They are beautiful and should be left alone:(

how would they like it if someone skinned them:mad:

Last edited:
The only ones who should wear fur are animals! It's disgusting that this is done to innocent creatures for the sake of luxury. I feel very strongly about that issue. When I see someone wearing real fur, I just want to jump on them, it makes me so mad. It's so unnecessary and cruel.

:madspit: At people wearing fur and everyone involved in the torture of animals.

flybabe said:
My God,how can you live with yourself knowing you just killed or about an innocent animal:sad: They are beautiful and should be left alone:(

how would they like it if someone skinned them:mad:

meh, i love my steak's served with a side of chicken-flavoured turkey-ham.

and caroni, peta is a joke. there's no explanation necessary.

Back
Top Bottom