Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a connoisseur. My coke gets bottled in Mt Wellington, I was just up the road from the plant yesterday. The ingredients say it has cane sugar. Personally I prefer coke from fast food places where it isn't as sickly sweet.
yeah, i think it's only the u.s. that puts hfcs in soda. i used to drink the stuff just fine, but i hate the feeling you get when drinking it, like the stuff is sitting on your teeth.

Holy shit. We're getting fucked here. Normally at Pak and Save it's $14 for 18 cans, but at places like Foodtown you're looking at $17.

Here, anything by Coca Cola is more expensive, significantly, than anything by Pepsi. I think that when the 24 packs of Pepsi aren't on special, they're around $15. That's about the same price for the 15 pack or whatever of Coke. I wouldn't waste my money on Coke.

florida got pwned

seriously, they should've saved it for some place in southern florida, where i wouldn't be surprised if it's never been below freezing, or at least not since the 1800s or something. though frostproof is in the same part of the state i used to live in (central florida) and i'm surprised it ever got frost. usually around christmastime we'd have to have the air conditioner running. one christmas spent inside with the air blasting and we knew we'd be going up norf to visit family ever christmas/new year's.

:lol:

I'd love to see your reaction to Christmas in far north Queensland.

But if I'm getting a drink, any drink, from a vending machine, I expect to pay at least $3.

YES. WTF.

Wow. Usually here only the energy drinks and stuff like Powerade cost close to that from vending machines. At least, last I checked. I'm usually happy carrying water around.

Why did they do it? Not one of the flavours was close to an improvement on original Fanta.

i would've said this was their biggest mistake:
fantanasnew2yy2.jpg

... oh dear. Yes, especially the one on the far right.

:lol:

I'd love to see your reaction to Christmas in far north Queensland.
yeah but the difference is it's summer in queensland during christmas. in florida it's the winter! you get no reprieve.

though it doesn't seem to get very cold there during the winter either, from the looks of it.

yeah, i think it's only the u.s. that puts hfcs in soda. i used to drink the stuff just fine, but i hate the feeling you get when drinking it, like the stuff is sitting on your teeth.

Its because of tariffs or some shit like that :rolleyes:. At least down here I can get real Dr. Pepper, just have to pay a little more.

Wow. Usually here only the energy drinks and stuff like Powerade cost close to that from vending machines. At least, last I checked. I'm usually happy carrying water around.

Why did they do it? Not one of the flavours was close to an improvement on original Fanta.

The only time I ever use vending machines is at railway stations, if I've been out railfanning and run out of my own water. Usually you can get bottled water for $2.50 and then soft drinks and stuff for $3-3.50. Total fucking rort.

Oh yeah, and LET'S SELL TINY BAGS OF CHIPS FOR $2.50! YEAH, VALUE FOR MONEY RIGHT THERE!

I must admit, I've never tried any of the alternate Fanta flavours. Fanta's meant to be fuckin' orange. If I want something else, I'll grab a Lift or something.

Its because of tariffs or some shit like that :rolleyes:. At least down here I can get real Dr. Pepper, just have to pay a little more.
there used to be a place across the street from my house that had dublin dr. pepper on tap. i assume it's because the company's based out of texas. but they've switched to regular dr. pepper. oh well, i got a photo of the fountain before it switched.

yeah but the difference is it's summer in queensland during christmas. in florida it's the winter! you get no reprieve.

though it doesn't seem to get very cold there during the winter either, from the looks of it.

I think if you held Christmas in winter in far north Queensland, it would still be warmer than the average summer Christmas is for Ian.

The only time I ever use vending machines is at railway stations, if I've been out railfanning and run out of my own water. Usually you can get bottled water for $2.50 and then soft drinks and stuff for $3-3.50. Total fucking rort.

Oh yeah, and LET'S SELL TINY BAGS OF CHIPS FOR $2.50! YEAH, VALUE FOR MONEY RIGHT THERE!

I must admit, I've never tried any of the alternate Fanta flavours. Fanta's meant to be fuckin' orange. If I want something else, I'll grab a Lift or something.
good lord. here single serving bags of chips out of a vending machine is 50¢, maaaaaaybe 75¢.

I thought we'd already agreed that Florida sucks.

Florida = hurricanes = st00pid place to live.

See also:

Coastal northern Australia = cyclones = st00pid place to live.

Therefore:

Florida = coastal northern Australia.

... wait.

there used to be a place across the street from my house that had dublin dr. pepper on tap. i assume it's because the company's based out of texas. but they've switched to regular dr. pepper. oh well, i got a photo of the fountain before it switched.

Was it Jason's Deli? They supposedly only have Dublin Dr. Pepper.

Florida = hurricanes = st00pid place to live.

See also:

Coastal northern Australia = cyclones = st00pid place to live.

Therefore:

Florida = coastal northern Australia.

... wait.
not all of florida gets affected by hurricanes, really. or at least badly affected. i lived there during two bad hurricanes and all we got was lots of rain. southern florida is where you get really hard hit. although now a new trend also seems to be on the gulf coast of florida.

good lord. here single serving bags of chips out of a vending machine is 50¢, maaaaaaybe 75¢.

Ugh, chips are a fucking rort here. You know the big bags you can get at the supermarket? Over $3.50 now. I only buy them when they're on special now, and even that's $2.50. The cheap and nasty Coles home brand ones are less expensive, but even they are above $2.15 now, and they taste like over-flavoured cardboard, so I won't buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom