From Hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
I just saw the movie From Hell...

I don't want to give out spoilers (even though they never found out who Jack the Ripper was in the 1800s... so there really couldnt be a spoiler..)

As a Period Piece, I thought it looked great. I felt Johnny Depp was well cast, but thought he played pretty much his same role from Sleepy Hollow. For the whole of the film tho - I would say "eh."

Thoughts from any who saw it?

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-20-2001).]

Haven't seen it yet but I'd really like to. Heather Graham is gorgeous!
wink.gif

...there was a mini-series on A&E I think about Jack the Ripper many years ago that I watched that was pretty good. I hope "Fom Hell" isn't too 'pop.'

(NO SPOILER)

What I thought was interesting was the Hughes Brothers' decision to develop an Oliver Stone-JFK type "conspiracy" plot revolving around the Royal Family and the Freemasons. The fact that they went as far as to actually name who Jack the Ripper was (when no one ever has, for history's sake) an interesting choice of technique.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-21-2001).]

I really want to see that movie!

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

From Hell is on my list of movies to see. I see all Johnny Depp movies.

from_hell_06.jpg

from.jpg

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Maybe you should read the comic book "From Hell" written by Alan Moore. The movie is based on it. Moore is a great writer.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Back
Top Bottom