friggin staggered release dates (Silverchair thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm a little angry that the US won't get the new Silverchair album until July 9, and Australia and New Zealand get it March 31st, I believe. I know most of you probably don't like Silverchair, but don't you think the difference in release dates is pretty ridiculous?

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

That it kind of odd, why wouldn't you release a major album worldwide at the same time? Whats to stop people in the states from having someone overseas send it to them? Bunches of them for that matter?

It works both ways.
Australia doesn't get some international artists material until 6 months after its initally released.

Or that's the way it was until MP3's became popular. So its probably not that common anymore.

luvin silverchair esp Ana's Song
smile.gif

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
Man, I haven't heard about Silverchair since I was in 8th grade. They're still around? Wow...

So you never heard any of the Neon Ballroom stuff? Wow, so No Miss You Love, Black Tangled Heart, Ana's Song, Emotion Sickness or Anthem for the Year 2000?

------------------

Neon Ballroom was their best. Anthem for the year 2000 was their best song ever. And suicidal dream.

Sucks having to wait doesn't it?
tongue.gif
Sorry!

Glad to hear you like them though
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
Man, I haven't heard about Silverchair since I was in 8th grade. They're still around? Wow...

Well, Im not a huge fan, but I do have to say, they have come on lots since those times. Daniel Johns'song writing is getting better and better and they are a real talent. I suggest their Greatest Hits CD to get ya going.

Yes...a Greatest Hits CD is sad after only like 3 albums but...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:

Yes...a Greatest Hits CD is sad after only like 3 albums but...

The record company released against their will. They felt cramped and wanted more artistic freedom.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom