Friends vs Seinfeld

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I never liked seinfeld...i never thought it was funny..i always thought larry david (the writer/co creator) always was funny in his own show..

Friends for me

LemonMacPhisto said:
One sucks, one doesn't

Seinfeld wins.

and Seinfeld wasn't? :eyebrow:

Well to be honest , I never really watched much Seinfeld , or didn't hear bout it a lot .......

Other hand Friends ..... People DID talk bout it everywhere , And I'm talkin outside big cities

Maybe it was coz Cable TV was gettin more and more popular in the world :shrug:

And When I read Friends cast was gettin 1 M / Episode .....

J_NP said:

Well to be honest , I never really watched much Seinfeld , or didn't hear bout it a lot .......

Other hand Friends ..... People DID talk bout it everywhere , And I'm talkin outside big cities

Maybe it was coz Cable TV was gettin more and more popular in the world :shrug:

And When I read Friends cast was gettin 1 M / Episode .....

It's probably the most overrated show of the past 25 years.

People cared more about Jennifer Aniston's haircut than anything else.

Plus, Friends jumped the shark about 17 different times after 2 very good seasons. That's 2 out of 10 seasons.

Anyway there's one comedy show that starts also with an S , that beats these 2 IMO .......

Guess which :wink:

I have (proudly) never watched an entire episode of friends. I feel like it wears thin after one commercial break.

Having seen every episode of Seinfeld multiple times, I can say that it does not suffer the same fate.

LemonMacPhisto said:

what's STFU ? :eyebrow:

Anyway taht's it

Scrubscard.jpg

I don't think Friends is better than Seinfeld by any means.

BUT ...

I laugh harder at Friends reruns than I ever did at Seinfeld reruns. :shrug:

(Exceptions: Elaine dancing, "Maybe the dingo ate your baby!" ... pretty much anything with Elaine. :wink: )

never really got into Seinfeld

Friends was the first "adult" show I really loved (I was like 11 when I started watching it). the thing I love about Friends is you can totally compare the characters to people in your life. plus, it's hilarious :wink:

and i used to have a huge crush on matthew perry, even before i liked bono :heart: now that i'm watching Studio 60 I'm starting to appreciate him again; he's proven to actually be a good actor

Slapnutz said:
Friends was far too sappy and soap opera like. Again, I much prefer the cynical edge of Seinfeld.
Ditto. Gotta love their rule of "no hugging, no learning."

Friends was just sad to watch. Lisa Kudrow's character was such a do-and-say-anything-for-a-laugh kind of character that it just made me feel embarrassed for her.

I don't think Friends even has a shot.

Seinfeld bar none.

Seinfeld in a cakewalk.

Arrested Development is better than either, but maybe also might have tailed off if it had run as long.

Curb your enthusiasm is getting closer to "time to leave while on top of your game" time.

I thought it was WAY to early for larry to leave curb...

Aren't they coming back with it like VERY soon? :scratch:

curb and arli$$ was like my 2 favorite shows..

Seinfeld, no contest.

I've only seen a few Friends episodes but always found them much too corny, drama, trendy and just trying too hard to aim at a young crowd.
I have about half of Seinfeld on dvd and the episodes still manage to make me laugh after repeated viewings. And it has oh so many quotes, Curb is probably my #1 favorite show..which again is so full of randomness, brilliant quotes and awkward moments.

Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office & Arrested Development are in my opinion the funniest shows ever.

other shows that have made me laugh:
old Simpsons, old Family Guy, The Daily Show couple years ago, Conan O'brien, Colbert Report, Strangers with Candy, Blackadder, first 2 seasons of Scrubs

elevation2u said:
full of randomness, brilliant quotes and awkward moments.

Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office & Arrested Development are in my opinion the funniest shows ever.

Ditto, but throw in Fawlty Towers

elevation2u said:
Seinfeld, no contest.

I've only seen a few Friends episodes but always found them much too corny, drama, trendy and just trying too hard to aim at a young crowd.
I have about half of Seinfeld on dvd and the episodes still manage to make me laugh after repeated viewings. And it has oh so many quotes, Curb is probably my #1 favorite show..which again is so full of randomness, brilliant quotes and awkward moments.

other shows that have made me laugh:
old Simpsons, old Family Guy, The Daily Show couple years ago, Conan O'brien, Colbert Report, Strangers with Candy, Blackadder, first 2 seasons of Scrubs

Do you like the British version of The Office?

Well, there's not much to discuss. Friends wasn't funny, unless you're in the Adam Sandler movie demographic. Seinfeld was well-written and funny.

Why does this even need a thread? If you really like Friends that much, isn't there a Kelly Clarkson album or catchphrase you could be practicing right now?

Canadiens1160 said:
Well, there's not much to discuss. Friends wasn't funny, unless you're in the Adam Sandler movie demographic. Seinfeld was well-written and funny.

Why does this even need a thread? If you really like Friends that much, isn't there a Kelly Clarkson album or catchphrase you could be practicing right now?

Aw, don't be mean. Some of us like silly things like Friends and Kelly Clarkson as well as smarter stuff like Seinfeld and literature. The two are not mutually exclusive, and it pisses me off when people get all superior and culture snobbish about it.

:madspit:

I hate Adam Sandler and find Friends funny. What do you make of that, smart guy?

Yeah, Friends was cheesy, and sometimes annoying (who cares about Ross and Rachel, really?), but I enjoyed Joey's inanity, Phoebe's randomness, and Matthew Perry's delivery of Chandler's one-liners.

So sue me.

Back
Top Bottom