"Friends" That Piss You Off.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrattyIrishPunk

War Child
I know everyone knows someone like that. I have this one friend that is such a idoit anymore. When Sept.11 happened, she didnt care, she said it isnt that big of a deal, we can just build another World Trade Center. But you can't get back all those lifes can you? She also said its not big deal about them finaly taking the last piece of the trade center out, sometimes she can sound like such a terriost, I'm sorry.

I made a post about how a friend of mine died fighting a fire last Thursday, I told her about it and she said some rude stuff. She read the newspaper article and said to me "The guy you knew was old. And they probably died because they wanted to." That pissed me off to the point where I yelled at her. He wasnt old[he was only 39 and that isnt that old.]

I emailed her the one post thats on here about the pride of America and how people over use the "We will not forget" stuff and what not, she said its funny.

Sorry, I just had to post that, I am a bit pissed off.

some of my "friends" were horrible around 9/11....they said something to the effect of "o well, i don't know any of them" and dismissed it like that......i almost hit them, and wish i would have.....and they're 18....

adamswildhoney said:
Some of my friends acted that way just because of the shock of it. Once it hit them what really happen they change completely.

i wish i could say the smae for mine......*sigh*

Yes! I was just thinking about a "friend" like that. She thinks she is all high and mighty. But she is a stupid hypocrite. She thinks she has the right to pass judegement on me. For no reason one day she said "you look skinnier! But you still have a huge butt and are flat chested" grrr. and that isn't near the worst thing she's said. She asked out this guy who I am friends with and have liked for about 3 years. She knows how I feel about him too. Thats why she did it. She lies everyday about random things. She got mad at me because I didn't take her to ANOTHER concert. (I took her to one. It was one of my fav bands and the whole way home she said how the band she liked was way better, she better be glad it wasn't U2 we were seeing. I would have killed her then!) She goes to this hillbilly church that during halloween has this thing called Hell House. It is like a huanted house that says anyone who is: gay, used any drugs, had an abortion, had AIDS, or even raped, is burning in hell. And she defended it! Then she tries to act like she is this new age hippie type person other times. I was sad once saying how a friend of mine was in rehab and how hard of a time it was. And she said he was stupid and going to hell for using drugs and he deserves no pity anytime for anything. :mad: :mad: I hate her so much! She is going to the vocational school now. SO I am never seeing her again! *I hope*

I don't want to insult people of the 13-15 age range, but...

People of that age very often have a hard time grasping reality outside of themselves and their immediate universe: friends, family, school, music, the weekend, etc.. when a tragedy such as 9/11 happens, they have no mature basis to attribute it to, and their brain cannot process it. Much like when someone trips and falls on their face in public, some people snicker and do nothing, and just walk by. Those are people who do not know how to process awkward emotions. At that age, unless you've been through emotionally taxing experiences by 13-15, people like your friend cannot comprehend what they're seeing on CNN.

Not to say all people of that age are immature, but it just sounds like your "friend" is allowing the self-centeredness of that age affect her and not allow her to see the bigger world picture.

My "friends" are 17/ 18 and some of them don't care about any thing but themselves...I have given up wondering why they are so selfish and immature and just stopped speaking to them, I feel better for it now :up:

And my "best friend" was the worst- she put down everything I did, she even shouted at me for being interested in my culture!!!!!!!!!- since i stopped doing things with her i have been going out more during the weekends with different people and its great :D

I had a friend and co-worker, the day after the WTC attacks, said that we should round up Muslims and everyone of Middle Eastern decent for questioning ... he's in his upper 50s. I was very angry ... I didn't speak to him for a very long time.

People can be dumb at any age.

Yeah, I agree with you, Angel.

This "friend" of mine also goes to one of those Churches, she has called me evil for being Catholic and she said thats what her "leader" as she call him tells her, its brainwashing.

I totally feel for you guys!

I have friends who can't seem to understand that there's actually a whole other world outside their tiny little Iowa town. They have no concept of diversity or tolerance and it seems like they judge anybody who is any different from them. GRRR!! :mad:

They also think that the United States can do no wrong and that the "world is forever changed after 9/11." They don't understand that there are so many people in so many other countries who live with terrorism EVERY SINGLE DAY!! It's so hard to talk about political or social issues with them because the only thing that they seem to listen to is things their (conservative) parents tell them - and these are 18-19 yr olds i'm talking about!! :mad: (I have nothing against conservatives (mostly) but I do have something against people who can't back up their beliefs with anything other than "well, my dad says this...")

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

:scream:

Back
Top Bottom