"Friends" signs on for another season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/21/tv.friends.ap/index.html/

'Friends' sign for another final season
Cast gets $1 million each per episode
Saturday, December 21, 2002 Posted: 7:47 PM EST (0047 GMT)

'Friends' will return for at least one more season.

NEW YORK (AP) -- NBC's six "Friends" aren't breaking up yet. The network announced a surprise agreement Saturday to keep the top-rated comedy on the air for another season.

No details of the agreement between the network, Warner Brothers Productions, Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions and the six lead actors were released. But NBC spokeswoman Rebecca Marks confirmed the deal had been sealed early Saturday morning.

IMO, I don't feel this season has been up to par at all.. what do you guys think? Should they have thrown in the towel?

yay!!!! :D

cool im so excited now ;)

havent even seen series 9 yet being in the UK, hopefully it should hit us in january ? is that right ;)

god i love that show !!! :D i cant get enough of it lol ;)

and its still funny if u watch it over and over ;) i have just watched series 4 - 6 in a row over the past few weeks and its still great ;)

Friends rocks my world.
Yeh, we get it in the UK in January, if you're privileged enough to have E4, that is.

HelloAngel said:

IMO, I don't feel this season has been up to par at all.. what do you guys think? Should they have thrown in the towel?

I agree.. this season has seriously let me down. Only Joey gives me a few laughs, and that's because they make him stupid lol.

I think they should have ended it this year, before it really goes down the drain. (Or maybe really should have ended it last season.)

:ohmy: I'm shocked.

HelloAngel said:

Couldn't agree more. I still watch the show, but the earlier seasons were much more funnier. This season isn't good, really. They should've bowed out this year or May 2003.

I don't blame the actors for re-signing -- for most of them it'll be the easiest money they ever make.

I think the last good season was the one where Chandler was secretly hooking up with Monica, before they came out as a couple. That whole season was hilarious. I haven't watched it much since 'cause I don't think it's as good a show as it used to be.

A friend of mine who works at Warners told me that in their last negotiation (a few years ago), the Friends cast demanded one less workday per week, which may have had a negative effect on the show because it gave the writers one less table read per week and therefore one less opportunity to tighten up a given episode's script. *shrug*

Nah, I'm afraid not, HA. lol ;) My friend doubtless has a lot of incidental stories related to production on Friends but he's working on another show now.

The only other cool thing was that one afternoon -- before my friend even worked at Warners -- he saw David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry sitting in Starbucks on a weekday afternoon chillin' and having a mocha or whatever. I thought it was cool 'cause it's a Starbucks that I go to all the time. :)

pub crawler said:

The only other cool thing was that one afternoon -- before my friend even worked at Warners -- he saw David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry sitting in Starbucks on a weekday afternoon chillin' and having a mocha or whatever. I thought it was cool 'cause it's a Starbucks that I go to all the time. :)

OMG :hyper: :drool:

Dig it - Ross, Chandler and Joey chilling at a coffee house! How novel!! :lol:

I :heart: Friends.

I think this season has still been pretty funny. I was worried that Rachel having a baby would screw things up on the show, but they seemed to have worked that in fairly well.

I want Rachel to sit on my face.
I want to beat the living shit out of Ross!
I want to do it doggie style with Monica.
I want to do it with Phoebe on top.
I want to ogle other woman with Joey.
I want to outwit Chandler at least once.
Yes, then all of us destroy Ross with a lengthy beating of epic proportions with Rachel executing the fatal blow to Ross's skull.
Then we'd go to Central Perk to chill out and wash Ross's blood off our hands.
Friends is a great show! Bless those youngens for sucking 1 million bigones out of NBC. They've got those bastards by the balls.

Back
Top Bottom