Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can live with others not approving of my taste in TV shows. I'll be okay. :)

(I'm not so sure about Bono though .... can somebody check on him?)

I hope Bono wasn't in Manchester :( Otherwise, would we the world community be at a loss if Manchester was swallowed by the earth?

I think it'd be the same as New Jersey breaking off and getting lost at sea, so that's a resounding "no" from me.

Fucking Friends survives for years and years, Arrested Development would have been cancelled after one year if not for the Emmy win.

I don't get it, I don't get the show's appeal. I won't say it sucks or anything, I just never found it funny and stopped watching early on. Maybe it got better?

And Impy, YLB cannot even spell SAT.

No spoken words said:
I don't get it, I don't get the show's appeal. I won't say it sucks or anything, I just never found it funny and stopped watching early on. Maybe it got better?

Actually, yes. I think the first season wasn't horrible, but the writing and cast clicked more later on.

Hey, even Seinfeld's first season was a little "off." :wink:

I love Friends! The repeats never get old. Chandler :drool: :drool: :drool:

I enjoy Seinfeld as well, but i haven't seen all the episodes.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I like you the more and more you type...

That's why I stay in lurk mode in FYM. I'd hate to open my mouth and turn everyone off with the nonsensical knee-jerk blather that comes out. :sexywink:

I don't even lurk in FYM. It's tough to read stuff without wanting to jump in and I'd probably alienate about 90% of the people posting in there.

Consider how riled up I get about music and movies and music and mulitply it by about 10.

lazarus said:
I don't even lurk in FYM. It's tough to read stuff without wanting to jump in and I'd probably alienate about 90% of the people posting in there.

Consider how riled up I get about music and movies and music and mulitply it by about 10.

I'll be there for you Laz.

If you'll be there for me too.

corianderstem said:

That's why I stay in lurk mode in FYM. I'd hate to open my mouth and turn everyone off with the nonsensical knee-jerk blather that comes out. :sexywink:

I should probably take that stance more often than I do...:wink:

Nonsensical knee-jerk blather? Oh yeah. I do it very well. I'm just selective about where I do it. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Nonsensical knee-jerk blather? Oh yeah. I do it very well. I'm just selective about where I do it. :wink:
:)

I'm an FYM lurker as well, as you know. I post there just enough to remind everyone to ignore my posts when I do post there.

corianderstem said:

I tried posting in there before, but it didn't really work out too well.

They expect results.

A lot of my friends enjoy Friends, and we both give each other crap for liking/not liking it. It's all in good fun though.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Yeah!! :wave:

Because apparently it's okay to have guilty pleasures in music but not t.v. shows!

I know, I mean, its a funny show!......Ok, its not the best thing since sliced bread, but y'know.

I never really paid too much attention to it while it was still running, but since we're getting some repeats here in Australia, its been great to watch.

I just brought season 1 on dvd like a month ago too :up:

I never could understand the appeal of Friends. The only character on that show I didn't want to hit over the head repeatedly with a shovel was Chandler.

I always loved Friends. It was such a good show. I know there's a lot of haters, most of them I'm-too-high-brow-to-have-my-time-wasted-by-comedy-that-isn't-incredibly-intelligent sort of people. It was terrific. Miles, miles, miles ahead of Seinfeld, and its success only goes to show how big it was.

Chandler was my favourite as well, strangely enough. I think everyone loved him because he was very human, and had genuinely funny lines.

Channel 10's repeating the entire show ep-by-ep night-by-night over here and I'm loving it.

*another to voice displeasure over Joey/rAchel. Never worked for me either.

COBL_04 said:
I'm-too-high-brow-to-have-my-time-wasted-by-comedy-that-isn't-incredibly-intelligent sort of people. It was terrific. Miles, miles, miles ahead of Seinfeld, and its success only goes to show how big it was.

Don't Get me wrong, I love my friends but.....

:no:

seinfeld.jpg

Seinfeld FTW!

No spoken words said:

Quoted for falsehood.

I disliked the show but would hardly call someone an idiot for liking it. Especially a hockey fan.

Ah, thanks :flirt:
(Does that mean most Canadians have a higher IQ simply for liking hockey?)

bono_man2002 said:

Don't Get me wrong, I love my friends but.....

:no:

seinfeld.jpg

Seinfeld FTW!

No see I never 'got' Seinfeld. I never found it funny. There's humourous moments, sure, but nothing beyond that.

A great moment - The One With Ross's Tan. Hilarious episode.

Back
Top Bottom