Friday night date with Ms. Hooters....suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
While I'm sure that all of my ideas on how to have a great time are first rate...I want to entertain any good ideas from you. We're just going to hang out, so it's not really a date. I figure I want to have fun, get to know each other and make it very casual.
Any wild, fun ideas?

And no FYI I WON'T take her to dinner at Hooters!

------------------
This post brought to you by: Medea. "And women, though most helpless in doing good deeds, are of every evil the cleverest of contrivers."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Take her ice-skatin,
Then to Big Barrys Bad Burger Barn
then walk along the pier, (not too close!)
then say goodnight at her door
then kiss her on the cheek
then watch and make sure she is safe going in
then go home urself

dont!:

meet up and take her to dinner with cheap boozy
then take her to a massive club and dance like John Travolta on speed
then put her on a podium and encourage her to strip
then embarrass urself and her by re-enacting the pottery scene from Ghost once she collapses from exhaustion and drinks bottle of water
then grab her, legs and all and stuff her into a taxi while u sit up front having good craic with the taxi driver about the local team being beat
then stand there sayin 'Why cant I come in for coffee and a shag?'
then go home either sore from being kneed in the nuts......

ya know son????
biggrin.gif

Good question!

My date for tonight cancelled but wants to go out next week. Suggestions are welcome!

What does a Hooters girl do on her time off? Same as everyone else I spose eh.

Could go to the pub for a couple of drinks, then dinner somewhere, then maybe a cruise, do you live near any harbours/rivers or anything? Water is very nice at night. Sydney has boat rides all prices etc at nights, its great fun. I reckon all major harbours etc have them surely. Dunno where you live though Johnny. Same with you Dr T.
My only suggestion is to stay away from the cinema. Not only is it hard to really get to know your date, but its cliched!

Um, do you really have a date with a hooters girl Johnny or have I been living in a cave or something?
biggrin.gif

http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/013789.html

And I think you are getting the wrong idea here, it's not like a date date. We just going to hang out, not fall in love. I don't drink and I'm 19 so the bar/pub won't be an option. But it's just a fun time, not really romantic.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Medea. "And women, though most helpless in doing good deeds, are of every evil the cleverest of contrivers."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Do what my students are required to do when they line up to go into the room:
1. Smile
2. Act you want to be there
3. Be cute

That should take care of everything.

Good luck, Johnny-baby.
smile.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Keep your eyes open on your date Juan...

*coughstalkersarepeopletoocough*

------------------
Hooter girls are not people too. ?

Don't mention the word "hooters" to her face..

Seriously, just act like yourself, and you will charm the heck out of that girl.

When I worked at Hooters, I enjoyed being taken out to quiet places..A movie and dinner use to work magic for me. Any Olive Garden's where you're at? Even Steak and Shake will do!!

No olive garden or Steak & Shake. Dang it
frown.gif
I thought about going to the resturaunt where I work but I think a friend of hers is not supposed to know she likes me, and her friend works at my same resturaunt. Oh well, on to plan Q.

Ok man, here's the deal.

Vista's on the right direction. The thing about women who work in places like that (Hooters, strip clubs etc.) is that they want to be treated like normal women. The last thing they want is their "date" (I put it in quotes because you said this wasn't a romantic thing) is to feel normal, appreciated for who they are, not like a sex object. But I'm sure you know all this, you're a stand up guy.

Take Vista's advice. Go to dinner somewhere unique if possible, a little quiet resteraunt that has some charm. Doesn't have to be expensive or anything. Depending on how well you know her, you can go two different directions. Movies are easy if you have trouble making conversation, and afterwards, you have something to talk about. BUT, it's impersonal in many ways. You can go do something silly and fun, like go play minature golf or drive go-carts etc. Fun stuff that everyone likes to do, but as we grow up we never have the opportunity to do. Or, if you guys have similar interests, like art, you could go to an art museum. You like music? Find a 18+ club that has some bands playing. Sports? Minor league baseball/hockey is always a good time. Nature? Botanical gardens, parks, walks on the beach...well maybe not in Arkansas! Try the local lake.

Whatever it is, be imaginative, but don't put pressure on yourself OR her. Be cool, be yourself, treat her like a goddess, because that is what every women is and deserves to be treated like. She just wants to be friends, respect that, but remember what women think, every friend is like this boyfriend in a glass case. In case of emergency, they can break the glass and pull you out, so the cooler you are to her, well, ya know.....
wink.gif

Anyway, good luck. You'll have a great time, and I can guarentee this, 'cause you're a cool dude. Be sure to tell us how it went.

Sorry Johhny, forgot about the drinking age over there.

Even though its not a date, a dinner is a good start, a cafe, pizza place, diner, somehere casual. Popkid has great ideas. Im sure some of them will fit your style.

Do you have comedy restaurants there? Some over here are quite good. Although she may be sick of 'novelty/theme' restaurants. I dunno...
Good luck though! You'll have a blast either way.

smile.gif

Charm the pants off of her, Juan!
biggrin.gif

*whoops, I hope you knew I didn't mean it like that!*
redface.gif

Seriously, good luck!!!!

smile.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Ask her if you can "climb the highest mountains!"

------------------

I've got to stop posting when I'm drunk.

Back
Top Bottom