Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Social anxiety sucks, and I used to go through it really badly. I was just silent most of the time, making a comment here or there at best. But one day ("day" is figurative...probably took me a few months, really), I decided that people's opinion of me really wasn't important enough to be bothered with on that level, so I forced myself to open up. You don't gain much if you don't risk anything, I figure. I'm still pretty quiet around people I don't know, but that's intelligent anyway, because you get to know others better by listening.

That pretty much is me too. I'm just less self conscious now. I'm still a shit conversationalist, but fuck it. Of course i'm not going to be good conversation about cars. I just need to remember i don't need to be a cunning linguist 100% of the time and not worry about it.

That pretty much is me too. I'm just less self conscious now. I'm still a shit conversationalist, but fuck it. Of course i'm not going to be good conversation about cars. I just need to remember i don't need to be a cunning linguist 100% of the time and not worry about it.

:up:

Social anxiety is primarily caused by the ridiculous notion that people are looking to tear you apart for every idiotic remark you make. Fact is, people really don't give a shit most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom