Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's still fresh, and hasn't gone stale yet.

Somehow I ended back in postwhorehouse, and I saw the thread end and got very confused because I thought I was in Fresh Kills, and it ended, but then there it was again in OOC :huh: yeah...

:tsk: i took driver's ed when i was 15 :tsk:

Yeah, you can start at that time here, but, based on Maryland law, you have to do 30 hours of driver's ed, plus a written test just to get a learner's permit. From there, you have to log in 6 months and 60 hours' worth of driving with a "mentor" to get a provisional license. I have no idea what after that.

Yet the drivers around here still suck. It's amazing.

Yeah, you can start at that time here, but, based on Maryland law, you have to do 30 hours of driver's ed, plus a written test just to get a learner's permit. From there, you have to log in 6 months and 60 hours' worth of driving with a "mentor" to get a provisional license. I have no idea what after that.

we have similar laws here, but luckily these laws weren't in place when i was 15/16. back then, it was permit at 15, license at 16. you didn't even need driver's ed, you just had to pass the state driving test and vision test. you didn't even need to take the written test i think.

me? the driver's ed company i took worked with the state or something, so everything would transfer over. my driving stuff counted as my driving test, as did the written stuff. i had to do "country" driving (which was a two lane windy road about five miles from here, not the country! lol) and "city" driving, which consisted of driving downtown. me being a teacher's pet, i got to do most of the driving (plus i was the only kid in the group with any driving experience). i only got one mark off the whole thing - not locking the doors before buckling up one time.

the written test i aced :dancing:

yes, i am a suck up :D

but it was awesome. on my 16th birthday my mom took me to the dmv. i took the vision test and had my license.

It's a bit like that in NZ. First you have to sit a theory test to get your Learners licence. That allows you to have driving lessons. You must have a fully licensed driver aged over 20yrs, at all times. After God knows how many months, you get to do a driving test to get your Restricted License. This lets you drive on your own, with a fully licensed driver over 20yrs, or your children between certain hours (I think from 5am to 10pm). You have that license for 18 months. Then you sit a big practical test that lasts at least an hour I think, to get your full license. Thank god I got mine before all that came into law!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom