Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
where've you been piss-lovah?
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and Ocean City, Maryland. My one buddy has a shore house outside of Rehoboth, so four of us went down there for the weekend.

Rehoboth has a huge gay population, I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Nice timing for announcing that: just in time for Screwtape to kill you.
Screwy not a fan? Why not?

Old 05-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Broke it in two - 187 and 256. It's a bit awkward but i'll make the essay look bigger.

Now to fit a concession and conclusion into 400 words.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

My paper, upon word counting it, is about 1700 words.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #124
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I wasn't going to say anything.
You're a silent killer, eh?

Yeeeep, that works on multiple levels.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #125
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Screwy not a fan? Why not?
I think he's called it the worst song ever or something like that.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #126
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I don't see how. Certainly it's not your typical Pink Floyd song, but still, it's a great acoustic song. Very simple and straightforward. Really shows how good Gilmour's vocals can be.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and Ocean City, Maryland. My one buddy has a shore house outside of Rehoboth, so four of us went down there for the weekend.

Rehoboth has a huge gay population, I might add.
Wow, sounds awesome! I pretty much stayed in my apartment all weekend. But hey at least there's balance in the world
Old 05-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
So I know some of you were advising me get a new therapist and tell them what I told you. I was thinking about that all weekend. I'm not going to. My mom, dad and sister have enough to worry about for me to add anything. I have to make them believe I am better. I make this sacrifice for them. I will not see the people I care about in pain. That is all I would be giving them.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You know what song I fell in love with recently? Wish You Were Here. Wasn't sure about it the first couple of times, but now I really love it.
That's a damn good song. One of my fav bands, Aslan, did a cool cover of it. I'm usually apprehensive about covers, but this one worked for me.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Worst Pink Floyd song.

It is actually annoying to me. I always skip it when listening to the record. It is really cheesy even if it is well intentioned.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So I know some of you were advising me get a new therapist and tell them what I told you. I was thinking about that all weekend. I'm not going to. My mom, dad and sister have enough to worry about for me to add anything. I have to make them believe I am better. I make this sacrifice for them. I will not see the people I care about in pain. That is all I would be giving them.
That sucks that you're going to flat out lie to the people you love and care about. I think they'd be more worried to know that you're hiding stuff from them. They worry because they care for you and love you and want you to be well. Lying to them, and to yourself, is only sweeping it under the rug. One of these days, they will find out, and it will be messy. It's too bad you want to put them through that, since you do sincerely care about them. They'd be much more content knowing you were getting the assistance you needed and that you were being taken care of and were on your way to self improvement.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #132
Vocal parasite

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, therapy isn't for them, it's for you.

Also:
1. They'll find out eventually how you actually feel. That'll make them feel even worse.
2. Come up with some bollocks that your therapist recommended a change or is moving or something.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #133
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Oh, Zooropa fans. Us One Tree Hill fans aren't using alters, don't you do it either.
Now quick, while they aren't looking! OTH fans, fire up your alters.

Although i'm a bit over it now.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
That sucks that you're going to flat out lie to the people you love and care about. I think they'd be more worried to know that you're hiding stuff from them. They worry because they care for you and love you and want you to be well. Lying to them, and to yourself, is only sweeping it under the rug. One of these days, they will find out, and it will be messy. It's too bad you want to put them through that, since you do sincerely care about them. They'd be much more content knowing you were getting the assistance you needed and that you were being taken care of and were on your way to self improvement.
It doesn't good does it? It is just that my family has other things that are occupying them. I have to live with this. Now is not the time to become the concern of everyone. I just don't know if anyone can help me. I don't want to take them down another dark road.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I've been away: what's happened with your current therapist?

Tags
superthread