Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
picturedn0.jpg

Counting isn't really this new software's song suit.

i didn't know you were applying for a job!
heh yeah, i put in for a promotion in my department. then i went on leave for a while, so i haven't heard yet who got it (he hasn't made an announcement). one of the applicants is on vacation this week, so i'm afraid he won't say anything until they get back. ugh, i might never find out :scream:

heh yeah, i put in for a promotion in my department. then i went on leave for a while, so i haven't heard yet who got it (he hasn't made an announcement). one of the applicants is on vacation this week, so i'm afraid he won't say anything until they get back. ugh, i might never find out :scream:

Good luck, hope you get the promotion.

I am off today, yes, though, I'd not chalk it up to luck. :)

Good luck, hope you get the promotion.

I am off today, yes, though, I'd not chalk it up to luck. :)
thanks :) another friend of mine who used to work in this department is pulling for me as well. if i don't get it, i'll end up transferring out of this department, but it's silly to think like that just yet.

well, i wish i was off work today (hell, i'd take even an unpaid day off) so i'd say you're lucky :wink:

ugh, that's annoying! waiting sucks. i hope you get it though :)

thanks :) another friend of mine who used to work in this department is pulling for me as well. if i don't get it, i'll end up transferring out of this department, but it's silly to think like that just yet.

well, i wish i was off work today (hell, i'd take even an unpaid day off) so i'd say you're lucky :wink:

Yes, I'm lucky that today is a National Holiday, sure.

And, yes, it's silly to think negatively at this point.

Yes, I'm lucky that today is a National Holiday, sure.

And, yes, it's silly to think negatively at this point.
yeah. although to be serious for a sec, i think so many people tend to get all "woo hoo, summer's here!" and forget what today's really about :shrug:

and yeah. as you know i'm an optimist, but with this stuff i'm more of a realist. don't want to count my chickens before they hatch or whatever. oh well, all i can do is just wait. and complain about waiting :lol:

yeah. although to be serious for a sec, i think so many people tend to get all "woo hoo, summer's here!" and forget what today's really about :shrug:

and yeah. as you know i'm an optimist, but with this stuff i'm more of a realist. don't want to count my chickens before they hatch or whatever. oh well, all i can do is just wait. and complain about waiting :lol:

I am acutely aware of today's actual meaning. I hear you, though.

Well, do not count your chickens, but do not start planning on what you'll do if you do not get it, either.

I am acutely aware of today's actual meaning. I hear you, though.

Well, do not count your chickens, but do not start planning on what you'll do if you do not get it, either.
you know i wasn't referring to you! :wink: just like, commercials and such.

yeah, definitely. right now, i'm just mainly waiting to hear something.

btw, i was lurking in the temple bar (i lurk everywhere, yo) and saw you hate chicago pizza :heart:

you know i wasn't referring to you! :wink: just like, commercials and such.

yeah, definitely. right now, i'm just mainly waiting to hear something.

btw, i was lurking in the temple bar (i lurk everywhere, yo) and saw you hate chicago pizza :heart:

I know.

Yes, Chicago pizza is a mess. But, at least they have their own type of pizza instead of just imitating NYC.

Maya, that cookie is the Devil.

Yes, Chicago pizza is a mess. But, at least they have their own type of pizza instead of just imitating NYC.
yes it is. when i went to chicago last year, my mom was all "don't you want to try the pizza?" i looked at her like she was crazy. everything about chicago pizza just seems wrong. and that is a good point, at least it's got its own thing going on. but nyc-style (i say style since i've never had pizza IN nyc) is the best.

yes it is. when i went to chicago last year, my mom was all "don't you want to try the pizza?" i looked at her like she was crazy. everything about chicago pizza just seems wrong. and that is a good point, at least it's got its own thing going on. but nyc-style (i say style since i've never had pizza IN nyc) is the best.

It is, but let me tell you, a lot of "NYC style" pizza is true shit when compared with the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom