Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #166
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I have a 3000 word one due sometime and i have no idea what i'm going to write.

Great.
My Rainbow Warrior one is 2,000 words and I still don't even have a decent defined topic yet. This isn't good.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Are you under your parents' medical insurance, or are they footing the bill or something. Otherwise they don't necessarily need to be involved at all. You're an adult, perfectly capable of making and attending your own appointments.

I suggest you look into a behavioural health center in your city. The payment options can be quite reasonable, if you want to take care of it for yourself. I don't have insurance, and I only have to pay $20 per appointment, which is not bad at all.
I have to involve my mom for a couple reasons: I'm on her insurance, I don't have a job yet so I couldn't pay for appointments and I can't drive.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:44 PM
Anyway, i'd better get in the shower and get set to hand this in. Hooray.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #169
The Male

Local Time: 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Rehoboth was nice. It has a huge gay population because (from what someone said) there's a gay beach section on the south side of town. Never made it that far, but we saw a ton of them walking around town (we stayed in the center of town and challenged local 30 year olds to beach volleyball, winning every game). Nice to see that parts of America aren't in the fucking stone age.

We used fake names when meeting girls on the boardwalks both nights. My one buddy was Finch from American Pie and the rest of us stole names from out school's baseball coaches. After we gave out our numbers, we changed all our voicemails to the fake names for the rest of the weekend.
Sounds fucking awesome. You made those two days count.

Surprised to hear that 30 year-old Ocean City-dwellers suck so badly at volleyball. They're not that old.

Now.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #170
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I have to involve my mom for a couple reasons: I'm on her insurance, I don't have a job yet so I couldn't pay for appointments and I can't drive.
Ah. That's different then.

Honestly, getting a job would really give you some social experience.

Now.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #171
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Sounds fucking awesome. You made those two days count.

Surprised to hear that 30 year-old Ocean City-dwellers suck so badly at volleyball. They're not that old.
We only played volleyball in Rehoboth. But they weren't bad, we're just fucking awesome.

I play server. I have a great serve. I don't do much else, though. I'm not tall enough to play front line and I may have broken my thumb on Saturday, so my sets weren't working too well either.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Ah. That's different then.

Honestly, getting a job would really give you some social experience.
I'm trying to get one currently.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:44 AM
:stumbles in:

Hello. I just had to stop by a thread that is named after my hometown!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #174
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
We only played volleyball in Rehoboth. But they weren't bad, we're just fucking awesome.

I play server. I have a great serve. I don't do much else, though. I'm not tall enough to play front line and I may have broken my thumb on Saturday, so my sets weren't working too well either.
I've played volleyball a couple of times. Serving was probably the easiest thing for me too...for similar reasons.

How the fuck did you break you thumb? That's no good.

Now.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #175
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
:stumbles in:

Hello. I just had to stop by a thread that is named after my hometown!
So you're a Fresh Killer?

Excuse me while I back away slowly, avoiding eye contact ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #176
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And until you said something on this thread, I had never guessed any of this about you. You seemed like one of the more socially confident people here, to me! So clearly it's worked for you. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't work for Screwtape either.
I'm much more socially confident online. Online there's no pressure of speech. I can take my time to stop and think and work out what I'm going to say. In real life, in real time, I'm more likely to say something stupid and embarrass myself, or not be able to think up anything to say at all.
I find it very difficult to become comfortable with people, and I have to get to know people quite well before I'm able to hold a normal conversation with them without becoming flustered and nervous.
It takes experience to become fully aware of the true double nature of the word 'petrified', it can refer to wood that has turned to stone, or to fear. I've found that when I'm thrust into social situations with strangers, I tend to shut down, sitting quietly, not speaking, not making eye contact. As though I've turned to stone.
So there's social anxiety, which lends into depression when I begin hating myself for not being able to be interact 'normally', and there's also general self-loathing, when I over-worry about how people perceive me, and find it impossible to forgive myself for the smallest mistakes. I sometimes find myself inwardly scolding myself and hating myself for tiny embarrassments which happened years prior and that surely no one else remembers. The hard part is in learning how to let that stuff go.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
So you're a Fresh Killer?

Excuse me while I back away slowly, avoiding eye contact ...

You do realize that Fresh Kills means the landfill - said to be seen from space!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I've played volleyball a couple of times. Serving was probably the easiest thing for me too...for similar reasons.

I dominate the overhand serve. Pwnage to the max, broski.

Not sure if it's broken. Playing volleyball, actually. Early on in the day. It didn't affect my serve since I serve with a fist, but it's swollen up pretty good. Made sets difficult.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #179
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
A friend of mine broke her thumb while trying to grab the remote control as it fell from the side of the couch. She was quite embarrassed to tell the doctor that.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
I sometimes find myself inwardly scolding myself and hating myself for tiny embarrassments which happened years prior and that surely no one else remembers.
I do that too. Every little mistake haunts me. So you can imagine what the big ones do.

Tags
superthread