Freedom Fries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LMAO. This guy has a screw loose if he thinks the US/French relationship is in any way comparable to Germany in the 1930s/40s. Actually this guy has a screw loose anyway :down:

How petty. I SO am not eating "Freedom fries" for lunch. :mad:

French fries get new name in House restaurants
JIM ABRAMS
Associated Press

WASHINGTON - House cafeterias will be serving fries with a side order of patriotism Tuesday with a decision by GOP lawmakers to replace the "French" cuisine with "freedom fries."

"This action today is a small but symbolic effort to show the strong displeasure of many on Capitol Hill with the actions of our so-called ally, France," said Rep. Bob Ney, R-Ohio, chairman of the House Administration Committee.

Ney, whose panel oversees House operations, ordered the House Administrative officer to change the menus in House office building cafeterias to read "freedom fries" and "freedom toast."

The House action follows moves by several restaurants around the country to remove "French" fries from their menus to protest French opposition to U.S. military action in Iraq.

Also leading the anti-French campaign was Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., who noted in a letter to colleagues that Cubbie's restaurant in Beaufort, N.C., in his district, was now serving "freedom fries."

"Watching France's self-serving politics of passive aggression in this effort has discouraged me more than I can say," Jones said.

Members of Congress have been sharply critical of France for threatening to veto a new U.N. resolution holding Iraq in violation of disarmament agreements and paving the way for a military strike against the Saddam Hussein government.

Another Republican, Jim Saxton of New Jersey, has introduced several bills to ban Pentagon participation in this year's Paris Air Show and to make sure that France does not participate in any reconstruction projects in Iraq.

"The French Embassy in Washington had no immediate comment, except to say that french fries actually come from Belgium"

:lol:

This is so stupid. I'm very upset about all of the French-bashing that's going on. If you don't like Chirac, OK, just don't take it out on every French man, woman and child. This is insanity. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

eww they have "freedom" fries and "freedom" toast at the federal buildings in DC now. That is so stupid. I feel embarressed to be American! The only thing we are good at is blowing people up and thats why we even exist. we have no culture! I am so ashamed to be American. Stupid fat, lazy, uncultured, violent hill jacks! :mad: :madspit: I am moving to Canada or Ireland. I am SO pissed :censored:

But then again, Belgium is against the war too, they just don't have a seat in the security council.

Just wondering..... How about French Kissing?????

AOL had this poll today: "Which fried potatoes would you eat today?"

The results:

"Freedom" fries: 43%
French fries 29%
None for me 26%

:rolleyes: I voted #2, of course.

um hello? Yes, hello? Congress guys? People in charge of our government? Hi! can you please spend your time worrying about education, homelessness and this impending war with Iraq please?

Hello? Uhhhh.....hello?

[btw, in 1945 we used to have liberty cabbage instead of sauerkraut during our WAR with the GEOCIDAL NAZIS. the french may smoke too much and act snotty but they're not geocidal maniacs....I don't think....]

they're serving freedom fries downstairs in the cafeteria now
:tsk:

so... if we rename it the "freedom kiss" does that mean that doing it shows support for your country? :sexywink:

I just thought I'd mention that I've written my Congressman and Senators asking them to stop the anti-France campaign in Washington. That felt good! I'd like these people to stop playing Trivial Pursuit for the Political Idiot Squad and start doing their jobs to run the country. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

daisybean said:

:shame:

That's now Patriot Cheese and Liberty Vanilla ice cream

:tongue:

I can see it now, they've only been calling Brie cheese "Brie" for a thousand years. It was taken out for picnics in the French countryside in the twelfth century. Some :censored: in Congress can't change that.

Back
Top Bottom