|07-25-2007, 07:26 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 09:06 AM
Free Virgin Fest for Volunteers
This is from someone I met in Planet Roo at Bonnaroo.__________________
He is a great guy, and this is a worthy way to see some music for free.
Friends, Family, and People I should keep more in touch with,
Its been a busy year, and this past summer has developed a variety of opportunities with the fledgling organization I've helped create, Change of Atmosphere- an organization focused on the community sustainability (please check out our website!!). We have recently been hired to create a Green Education Street Team at Virgin Festival in Baltimore, MD - and we are desperately in need of some volunteers!
Are you interested? Do you know someone who may be interested? Details are below. Please forward to any interested friends in and around the Baltimore area (as there is no camping available).
Consider the opportunity to volunteer and be part of a great cause (creating education for sustainability) while hearing some incredible music. I need to know ASAP (by the end of these week- Aug 27) if anyone is interested.
Much love, many thanks, and best wishes to you this summer!
p.s. Please ignore the randomness of this email, if it appears as such, and except as a gracious request for your support.
p.s.s. By the way, I'm doing great!!
Change of Atmosphere (www.changeofatmosphere.org )is excited to be a part of educating the music community of Virgin Festival, Aug 4-5, this year in Baltimore. MD! Check out the line-up and green initiatives at: http://www.virginfestival.com/2007/index.html be sure to go to "Experience" and then "Green it." Virgin Mobile has committed to making the event as close to zero-waste as they can, and we want to tell festival-goers all about it and what they can do to help, at the festival and beyond.
We need motivated, passionate volunteers to make this a reality! Not only will you get into the festival (free!) in exchange for your 6.5 hours of volunteer time per day, but you will also help to spread the good word about energy efficiency and sustainable practices.
What is provided?
* Free entry into the festival
* Water to keep you hydrated
* Bamboo-Fiber T-shirt to wear during your shifts
* 6 hours off time to see great music
* Great tunes while in the Green Education Area played by some big names on the Solar Stage
* Interactive installations to facilitate education, including a blender bike, recycled art, and Phantom power meter
* A great time with some awesome people
What is expected?
* Attend training on Saturday, August 4, from 8-10AM
* 6.5 hours per day of volunteer time (broken into 3 hour shifts, although trading shifts will be encouraged, so everyone can see at least some of their favorite bands)
* Provide your own housing and transportation in the Baltimore area (unlike some festivals this is a 10am-10pm gig with no camping; although public transportation is accessible from the site)
* Be on time and ready to change the world for your scheduled shifts (that means sober and with a smile)
How to get involved?
This is an amazing opportunity and a chance to see some great music. We hope you are interested in being involved. To secure a spot on the Green Angel team or to recommend a friend, reply to this email with the following information:
Qualifications (Anything that will distinguish you as "the right person for the job"):
We will contact you to confirm your involvement, but feel free to give us a ring with questions or concerns. Please call Jill at 770-714-8477. Also feel free to forward this to those you know in Baltimore or nearby.
We look forward to working with you in Baltimore!
Jill Franklin & James Gooch
Change of Atmosphere
Stand up to rock stars!
|07-25-2007, 09:44 PM||#2|
Blue Crack Supplier
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Local Time: 02:06 AM
God, if only the above post had lived up to the sweet, teasing promise of the thread title.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|