Freaky, paralyzing dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok *spam* but i have another question:

"This doesn't mean that the beings she perceived were unreal. But, it may explain why she was successful in defending herself." source

what do they mean 'not unreal'..?

It means that they are not taking a stance one way or another on the reality of the supernatural.

Melon

oliveu2cm said:
Off the page Melon provided was a link here that said in regards to the aliens.. "Perhaps, to paraphrase C.S. Lewis, the greatest intelligence coup the aliens ever pulled was convincing humans that resistance was futile."

Quoting C.S. Lewis? :huh: Did he speak up on this issue?

No, they're just paraphrasing his "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he doesn't exist" quote (which I just paraphrased because I was too lazy to look up the exact quote).

ok olive i looked up the hag phenomenon. that's really weird. i thought it was just a random thing that happened to me. apparently it's pretty common. :uhoh:

here's another link - http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

the spider thing is a much bigger problem for me although i haven't had it for a while. i think it's stress related but it really freaks me out. i'll be asleep and suddenly wake up and see this massive spider dropping from my ceiling directly above my head. it's huge. it drops into my bed and every single time i jump up, turn on my light and search my sheets for the mutant spider. it's so freaky. i swear to jehovah i'm completely awake when i see this thing on my ceiling. yet i know it's not going to be in my sheets but i HAVE to get up and look for it. it's so weird. i was having this experience a couple of times a week for what seemed like months. i hate it. it's scary and makes me think i'm going crazy.

:crazy:

this thread is really interesting.

God love you.. Fear is a most powerful emotion. You may have to say something to the effect of "get thee behind me satan or evil. I have thrown the covers off and shouted the same.. Simply because I knew it was something I didn't deserve. I went through this for 12 years, and beyond. I had the same sensation for the longest time before my youngest son passed away. If at any time you feel something trying to take over any good memories, Fight it. Throw off the covers, get up and shout at it. You cant Have Me. You have the power, you have to stand up to it. Then work through it.. Get all the help you need. Don't be afraid any longer. It may get harder before it get's better, but you are so on the right track.. Whatever I can do....
Walk on in the name of Love.:hug:

Last edited:
This is a spooky interesting thread. on a side note, even though this is probably not it, is there something in your past in which you actually experienced this? in reality, you were not in control of your body for some reason -- accident, etc.?

I ask because I've been having dreams that I would classify as a post tramatic stress symptom. probably a tangent but another possibility. I had one recently so its probably on my mind.

Back
Top Bottom