Freaky, paralyzing dreams - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2002, 10:29 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Normal

I used to get these dreams all the time. Usually, something (usually a creature, or someone from a story or whatever) had paralyzed me, and I had to fight it. I used to get these dreams very, very often. Then, in 2000, I was asleep on my bed with my dog under my arm, and all of a sudden I was jolted awake and I could feel the pillow pressing down on my face, and I could see too, but all the colours were messed up -- the pillow (which is maroon IRL) was black, with green wiry lines all across it. I was completely paralyzed, and I couldn't move at all, and I felt like I was being smothered -- I couldn't breathe. It felt absolutely horrible, and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. Then, what I saw changed, to a black background with some blue, and these words: "Contact spacestation MIR." !! A second or two went by, just enough time for me to read it, then all of a sudden I woke up, feeling like I hadn't breathed in hours.

Ever since that, I've never had any dreams where I was paralyzed. Now, for some reason, I have dreams where I'm just floating away -- flying, really. And the sensation is very, very real -- just as real as the dreams where I was paralyzed. Very weird.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:16 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by david

Have you ever heared high pitched ringing noises in your ears when this has happened? One time I did, when I was sleeping on my left side, I had this high pitched ringing sound in my right ear, and I also heard other strange things.
I've heard the high-pitched noises and voices before too. The voices usually come at the beginning and the ringing noises usually happen when the shaking part begins. I've also had the floating experience you mentioned.

Old 09-01-2002, 04:20 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I don't want to go to sleep now.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:15 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Interesting stuff.

Something interesting about sleep paralysis is that there are two kinds of it: CSP (common sleep paralysis) and HSP (hallucinatory sleep paralysis). I remember having CSP now that I look back, and, yes, I had the ear ringing. It sounds like david had HSP episodes, especially in reference to the "bad aura." CSP is fairly common, while HSP is rare.

http://www.nightterrors.org/paralysis.html

Melon
Old 01-14-2003, 05:36 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 AM
olive, david, et al - I had exactly those same kinds of experiences, too, as kid through young adulthood--lots of astral projection, voices, noices, etc. It all just stopped at some point. There are all kinds of explanations in mysticism and esoteric spirituality with regards to the voices, the music, the high-pitched noises...but I don't know how much you want to know. david, I'd love to hear what other strange things you heard. Feel free to pm me.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:46 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Since I wrote this I have had a few more pretty bad experiences.

One I was lying on my stomach and it felt like someone was lying on top of me. I knew it was a man and I thought he was Chinese. I could feel the pressure of him (that heavy feeling) and really started to panic for a second, especially when I got the feeling he was trying to hurt me. There was this INTENSE shuffling under my pillow- the only way to describe it is as if a small dog was under my pillows and running back and forth. I have no clue what that was but it was very scary. I reminded myself if I relax, then it goes away. And it did.

The other was scary in a different way. Someone, something, was trying to get my attention. I was refusing to pay attention, despite hearing the music (from the direction of my alarm clock) and then what I *distinctly* remember are seeing two hands flash into my right field of vision and clap intenstly twice to get my attention, and I totally fucking paniced and made myself relax to wake up. It was scary b/c whatever it was wanted me to look and I just instinctly knew I didn't want to.

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
There are all kinds of explanations in mysticism and esoteric spirituality with regards to the voices, the music, the high-pitched noises...but I don't know how much you want to know. david, I'd love to hear what other strange things you heard. Feel free to pm me.
It's like looking at a car wreck.. because I do want to know. I'm afraid if I find out it'll make me more paranoid (i've also had a couple dreams where I *thought* I was having a paralysis attack because I'm so afraid of them). I just, don't want any of that leave-my-body kinda think or anything like that . But I'd like to know what the music & voices are about.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #22
The Fly

mind rules over body
Dreams are only a message from your mind. Don't fight the dream, but make it your own. if you try not panic and try to say "let there be light" or "stop the music" you can change your dream.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:17 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm
One I was lying on my stomach and it felt like someone was lying on top of me. I knew it was a man and I thought he was Chinese. I could feel the pressure of him (that heavy feeling) and really started to panic for a second, especially when I got the feeling he was trying to hurt me. There was this INTENSE shuffling under my pillow- the only way to describe it is as if a small dog was under my pillows and running back and forth. I have no clue what that was but it was very scary. I reminded myself if I relax, then it goes away. And it did.
this happened to me about a year ago except for the shuffling under my pillow. and it was some crazy woman. i could feel her breathing on my neck. i could not get her off of me. it was horrible. i've also had one where i was lying on my back and i was looking the woman in the eyes. it was a true struggle and then i did what you did - i relaxed eventually and she went away. except i was totally terrified to sleep for about two weeks. for all i know it was just a horrible nightmare in my case.

i also have night spider issues but that's a whole other thread.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm

The other was scary in a different way. Someone, something, was trying to get my attention. I was refusing to pay attention, despite hearing the music (from the direction of my alarm clock) and then what I *distinctly* remember are seeing two hands flash into my right field of vision and clap intenstly twice to get my attention, and I totally fucking paniced and made myself relax to wake up. It was scary b/c whatever it was wanted me to look and I just instinctly knew I didn't want to.
I've had the same thing.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower

this happened to me about a year ago except for the shuffling under my pillow. and it was some crazy woman. i could feel her breathing on my neck. i could not get her off of me. it was horrible. i've also had one where i was lying on my back and i was looking the woman in the eyes. it was a true struggle and then i did what you did - i relaxed eventually and she went away. except i was totally terrified to sleep for about two weeks. for all i know it was just a horrible nightmare in my case.

that's the classic "old hag" described on the websites I read. Apparently many people see "her" during a paralysis dream. wtf.

Night spiders.. my boyfriend has that too. Or says at least he's "woken up" in the middle of the night pounding the bed b/c he dreamt there were spiders there

Meegannie we have a lot in common! Those two hands clapping- that's WEIRD you had it too, cuz it totally freaked me out!

really weird stuff huh?
Old 01-15-2003, 12:38 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Those appear to be classic cases of HSP.

This is a really interesting link about it, if you're interested.

Melon
Old 01-15-2003, 12:47 PM   #27
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Olive, I had not seen this thread before, but this sounds very much what I posted about in Melon's "Night Terror" thread in Zoo Confessionals. I don't remember a weighted down feeling like you described, but just a feeling like I couldn't wake up. It happened more than once on a recurring basis, but eventually it went away on it's own.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:50 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower

What do you mean by night spiders? I've never heard of it before.

This thread is inspiring me to make a premonitions thread.. and possibly a ghost thread, too.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Those appear to be classic cases of HSP.

This is a really interesting link about it, if you're interested.

Melon

Thanks Melon.

Interesting they say it could be hereditary- I know my mother has these too. And I *usually* get them when I'm on my back (which sucks b/c i like sleeping on my back) but since the summer I've consciously fallen asleep on my stomach. Still when I wake up I sometimes have a paralysis or panic that I'm going to have one.

I wonder why this happens. Dream stuff has always interested me, and I find dream analysis fascinating & oddly accurate.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:07 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Normal

Off the page Melon provided was a link here that said in regards to the aliens.. "Perhaps, to paraphrase C.S. Lewis, the greatest intelligence coup the aliens ever pulled was convincing humans that resistance was futile."

Quoting C.S. Lewis? Did he speak up on this issue?