Frat boys/sorority girls....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, this is ONE thing that is very different from Canada...I think the sorority/frat thing is a quintessentially American thing - I'm not aware of any other countries who have it. I've watched enough movies to have an idea of what it is...but overall, I'm a bit clueless....:confused:

So, um, to answer your question, haha, no, I don't belong to one...well, not that I know of!

In undergrad, I was a Sigma Kappa.

And I've made some life long friends from that chapter in my life.

The Greek Life at my school wasn't your typical situation. First, there were only 5 organizations; 2 sororities and 3 frats.

I wasn't Hazed in my sorority and neither was anyone else.

Most of the people I've dated have been Frat boys. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

And it's bad when they still think that they are in the Fraternity and have to act like a drunken fool. Hey, it's cool to hang out with them and even be a part of the alumni but to still think that you are an active.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Okay, this is ONE thing that is very different from Canada...I think the sorority/frat thing is a quintessentially American thing - I'm not aware of any other countries who have it. I've watched enough movies to have an idea of what it is...but overall, I'm a bit clueless....:confused:

So, um, to answer your question, haha, no, I don't belong to one...well, not that I know of!

Actually, there are Sorority and Fraternity Chapters in Canada. It may not be big there but there are chapters. Basically they were "colonized" by the American Chapters to set them up in Canada.

i'm in FarmHouse, which is not-greek, but basically run the same way. Agriculturally related fraternity, which is ironic, because i'm from the suburbs.

there's about fifty org's at michigan state, not to mention the minority fraternities/sororities that aren't in the IFC, plus all of the professional greek organizations.

So the Zeta Psi guys are trying to recruit me now. I'm going over to their frat house on Sunday to watch the football games. :hmm:

starsgoblue said:

The way he's looking at you....:drool: Lucky lucky girl.

Well everyone always says that he is choking me. I keep the wallet of the pic in my wallet but now I have it in my cubicle at work so I can gaze upon it everyday. Hehe

I also have my son's picture next to it so.......

UnforgettableLemon said:
There are no greek organizations at my school

There are some instances in which schools that don't have them have actually banned them.

My sorority was founded at Colby College in Maine. They don't have any greek organizations anymore. And if you go visit, there are buildings named after Sigma Kappa founders.

Back
Top Bottom