Frat boys/sorority girls.... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:58 AM
animal house

tim matheson

he was such a cutie in that movie.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:58 AM
i hate frat boys/sorority girls with a passion i bet most of the people here cannot imagine.

i hate most other college kids, too.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:58 AM
That was kinda rude. I'm a very likeable person....
Old 03-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

I never joined one.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

We don't have them. And the dumb thing is, the college named the on-campus apartments things lik Phi, Delta, Gamma, Theta, etc. Like people are dumb enough to be tricked into thinking they're in some cool sorority even though they're sharing the shittiest 2 bedroom apartments ever with 4-5 other people and paying like $700/mo each. I guess people at my school ARE pretty dumb......

Anyway, I live w/ four of my friends in a regular house and since I'm in charge of ALL of the billing and payments, I guess I could call myself the "Treasurer".
Old 03-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

would you prefer i not be honest?

i don't know you, so i can't actually say i hate you personally - if that makes you feel better.

here is where i launch into a rant about how lame i feel it is to essentially pay to have friends (you're shelling out money per semester to pledge your frat so you have sisters or brothers to drink with from thursday through saturday). i also know a fair number of moronic frat guys, and because of my job i see a lot of them and some cheap sorority whores that they bring back to their rooms in the dorms to fuck for the night. this is a scene i would avoid like the STD-infested plague that it is, under any other circumstances.

as for college kids, i cannot relate to 90% of the people i meet during normal daily campus life. even at a state school, a large university where in theory you can find pretty much everyone from everywhere - every single social, economic, ethnic background imaginable - it seems like everyone here is some snot-nosed bratty little kid fresh out of high school (even a lot of the upperclassmen), here on mommy and daddy's dime, biding their time picking up some sort of degree before nepotism gaurentees them a job after graduation.

i heard one girl on the phone just last night, she was sitting at the table next to mine at the dining hall. i assume she was talking to her friends. she was telling them how she couldn't go out, because she doesn't have any money. her dad only gives her a 2,000 dollar allowance per semester my parents don't give me a fucking dime, not because they don't care (well, my mom cares at least) but because they don't have it either. i'm going to be up to my eyes in debt by the time i graduate, and so many of the people around here (and let's not even get into the rich kids and trust fund babies at the private schools in the area) do not understand that there are people here who have to work in order to get through school.

that being said, this doesn't mean i'm going to automatically hate someone i don't know just because they have more than i do. i'm not looking to get super self-righteous about it, being broke and poor is not cool.

i say "i hate people" a lot. what i really mean is i hate people in general, i like individuals. it's just easier to say the "i hate people" part and leave it at that.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

I'm with you, IWasBored. My parents give me nothing because they have nothing to give and I'd NEVER ask because we don't need to acknowledge that they're not capable of helping me and just make things worse. I'm even nice and let them claim me as dependent (which I'm not) so I get less and they get way more on their tax return.

If I was dumb enough to try getting into some kind of sorority, they'd probably throw me out b/c as an independent adult, I work at least 30 hours a week DURING school and I have no time for little get-to-know-yas and parties and such.

AND, I watched some show on the frat/sorority hazing last night. I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, but I'm disturbed enough to steer clear of those places for a LONG time.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:01 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I'm with you, IWasBored. My parents give me nothing because they have nothing to give and I'd NEVER ask because we don't need to acknowledge that they're not capable of helping me and just make things worse. I'm even nice and let them claim me as dependent (which I'm not) so I get less and they get way more on their tax return.

If I was dumb enough to try getting into some kind of sorority, they'd probably throw me out b/c as an independent adult, I work at least 30 hours a week DURING school and I have no time for little get-to-know-yas and parties and such.

AND, I watched some show on the frat/sorority hazing last night. I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, but I'm disturbed enough to steer clear of those places for a LONG time.

on top of hating people like i described before, i have quite a bit of respect for anyone who does work their ass off and pay their own way.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

i have quite a bit of respect for anyone who does work their ass off and pay their own way.
As do I. I never realized there were so few. I worked a lot in high school as well to pay for petty things like weekend fun, spring break trips, a bike, clothes, yada yada and I was always excited for the day when I would be in a situation where not EVERYONE besides myself had life handed to them on a silver platter. It never happened. I know more people that have dropped out of my school b/c they couldn't afford it than still go and pay for everything on their own.

I have a friend who lives upstairs who's 21 and still gets a weekly allowance. I mean, it's only like $20, but still, come ON people!

ANYWAY, I'm sure there are plenty of level-headed sorority girls and respectful frat boys out there......
Old 03-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Well I was never a cheap whore that got taken back to frats houses to be fucked. And I also didn't have mommy and daddy pay my way. Stereotypes can be so infuriating.

My mother barely is able to afford her bills, let alone pay my way through school. My grandmother helps with tuition but everything else I have, which might not be much, I earned.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
animal house

tim matheson

he was such a cutie in that movie.
When I left for college, I did not know anyone near my age who had been to college.

My only images of college life was from Animal House.

Somehow, I survived.

Scary but true.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:51 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Well I was never a cheap whore that got taken back to frats houses to be fucked. And I also didn't have mommy and daddy pay my way. Stereotypes can be so infuriating.

My mother barely is able to afford her bills, let alone pay my way through school. My grandmother helps with tuition but everything else I have, which might not be much, I earned.

I'm not saying all frat/sorority people are trust fund babies, just that in the general population of college students, in my experience is it RARE to find someone else who is completely on their own. Hell, even my health insurance is part of my college bills.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

I've neve been one for group deals, so the sorority thing never appealed to me. In fact, once I graduated from college I never contacted or was contacted by any college classmates, and it's been twenty years. Kept in touch with a few profs for a few years, but I'm a loner by nature.

And far too many of the frat boys I've met have been jerks. Maybe if and when they grow up they aren't bad, but as students, I'd pass.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:31 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

As do I. I never realized there were so few. I worked a lot in high school as well to pay for petty things like weekend fun, spring break trips, a bike, clothes, yada yada and I was always excited for the day when I would be in a situation where not EVERYONE besides myself had life handed to them on a silver platter. It never happened. I know more people that have dropped out of my school b/c they couldn't afford it than still go and pay for everything on their own.

I have a friend who lives upstairs who's 21 and still gets a weekly allowance. I mean, it's only like $20, but still, come ON people!

It's even worse when you've finished university and there are people you work with who still have their bills paid by their parents.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

I never got into the fraternity thing - it wasn't for me.

But I got along with many greeks, male and female, while at college, and this is coming from someone who was an RA.

It's easy to stereotype the greek community based on how a small few act, which is a shame.