Franz Ferdinand "You Could Have It So Much Better" Hype Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Discuss.

Monday is the day. This album will be great. The reviews are already pretty good for it. :wink:

1 The Fallen 3:42
2 Do You Want To 3:35
3 This Boy 2:21
4 Walk Away 3:36
5 Evil and a Heathen 2:05
6 You're the Reason I'm Leaving 2:47
7 Eleanor Put Your Boots On 2:49
8 Well That Was Easy 3:02
9 What You Meant 3:24
10 I'm Your Villain 4:03
11 You Could Have It So Much Better 2:41
12 Fade Together 3:03
13 Outsiders 4:02

b_200509294021207.jpg

:hyper:

Last edited:
Listened to it plenty in the couple weeks I've had it since it leaked.

I like it. Is it better than the first? Only time (or a few more listens) will tell.

I really wanted to watch them at ACL last weekend, but the scheduling god wouldn't allow it. Wilco was playing at the same time and, honestly, that was a pretty easy choice.

i hated the one song i heard. i can't remember what it was called, i'm assuming it was the single.

I'm eagerly awaiting this one... haven't listened to the leak (I'm one of those people who like the anticipation and going to get the cd in the store... :| )

Unfortunately, it doesn't come out until Tuesday in the States... :(

I found this album rather disappointing. It wasn't bad, in my opinion...just shockingly pedestrian, is all. I dunno. Time will tell--familiarity, after all, breeds acceptance. In a week, I might have no choice but to change my mind...

Still, it definitely failed to live up to my not-all-that-high expectations on my first five or six listens. Still love 'em, though! "Do You Want To?" kicks my anus.

I saw FF live in August and with all respect, it was shit music. zilch talent. the lightshow was ok though.

I actually really like Elenor :drool:

This album is not as good as accessible as the first one, IMO, but maybe it's a grower! :wink:

I liked the video to 'Do You Want To' but not the song.

The rest of the stuff I've heard is good but it sorta passed me by.

Will definitely pick this one up sooner than later, though.

Jack In The Box said:
"Do You Want To" is the weakest track
Exactly. There are some great songs on the album. It certainly rocks more than the first one, but on the other hand, there is more mellower stuff on this one.
The album is more varied and mature, but maybe not so cohesive as the first one.

Jack In The Box said:
"Do You Want To" is the weakest track

Good, cuz I freakin' love that song :wink:

it's like the Vertigo for the FF album, yesssss

I'm really excited to get it tomorrow! I'm a total Franz geek...
I've only heard the one single, so I'm stoked to hear the rest of the album

:wink:

My review/impressions/yadayadayada.

"The Fallen" is very much Franz' earlier style but taken a step further. Brilliant opening track, already one of my favourites.

"This Boy" has an annoying chorus. Reminds me of "Cheating on You". I don't like. Yet.

"Walk Away" is a departure from their earlier stuff, lyrics are personal, and the beat is a tad slower. I really like it, and it's certainly one of the strongest on the album.

"Evil and a Heathen" is just very rock'n'roll. I like it, but it's not out of this world.

"You're the Reason I'm Leaving" is pure brilliance. I love this track, though again, it could've been on their first album.

"Eleanor Put Your Boots On" - wow. Totally new. I didn't expect this. An emotional lullaby with a twist. My favourite for the time being.

"Well That Was Easy" is a little weak. Don't know if I like it.

"What You Meant" I prefer the acoustic version (b-side), but it's a nice song.

"I'm Your Villain" has great drumming, and I really like the lyrics.

"You Could Have It So Much Better" - I bet this will be a single. Very up-beat, rock'n'roll track. I love it.

"Fade Together" is, like "Walk Away" a personal song, it has a sort of melancholy tone to it, and it certainly sounds new. Great lyrics: "Berlin, I love you, we're starting to fade... let's fade together."

"Outsiders" hasn't really grown on me yet. My least favourite together with "This Boy", but the riff is quite nice.

All in all I really love this album - maybe because it's Franz Ferdinand and it's new - but it certainly has new stuff that the band hasn't tried before. I see no potential "Take Me Out" no. 2, but it doesn't really matter for me. Two or three weak tracks but all in all very solid.

I liked it! I hope it grows more on me!

You Could Have it so much better was my favourite at the first listening but probably this will change

I'm listening to it now. It's a very nice album, but I'm not going to say much more about until I've listened to it maybe three more times. :yes:

I think this is the album of the year. Some great, great songs. Brilliant songwriting. I think U2 was right when they said that Franz Ferdinand is a future challenger to their crown. I'm hearing their footsteps. These guys could have toured another year on the strength of their first album but instead went right into the studio.

The guitar riff on Walk Away is pure bad ass. It's rock and roll meets Sergio Leone... :cool:

Eleanor Put Your Boots On is one of the most beautiful tunes of the year.

Fade Together is another beautiful song.

Outsiders and Fallen kick ass.

This group is going to be around a long time.:drool:

So far I prefer the debut, simply because about 3 or 4 songs are weaker than anything on the debut. That said, the rest of the songs are great so time will tell.

I just saw Franz Ferdinand at the Greek Theatre last night. They were so, soooo good.

Do whatever you can to see this band live.

I'm a huge, huge U2 fan. I've seen them four times during this tour alone and I'm flying to NYC tomorrow to catch Monday night's show but I can honestly say that the show that Franz Ferdidand puts on at the moment just KICKS U2's ASS. It's just so alive.

Franz Ferdinand is hungry and passionate. Great guitars, incredible bass lines, pounding, pounding drums... Running around the stage....urging on the audience. Late in the set brought out a bottle of whiskey and started passing it around on stage...stood on TOP of the drums and played guitar. AWESOME!!!

Meet the future of rock and roll. Its name is Franz Ferdidand. They're getting ready to hit the East coast. Do whatever you can to see them.

Back
Top Bottom