Franz Ferdinand "You Could Have It So Much Better" Hype Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had it for a while.

I'd say it's about even with the first. It's got a harder, crashing sound for many of the songs. The album doesn't really have the tracks arranged in any assemblance of harmony, I don't usually listen to the thing all the way through.

Do You Want To will be another hit dance single just like Take Me Out.

The suprising thing actually was Elanor Put Your Boots...a very unique, entrancing song.

Fade Together is my new favorite

and The Fallen, and You're the Reason I'm Leaving kick just too much ass

it's unfair to other bands how good they are

plz plz plz come to Florida Franz...

bsp77 said:
So far I prefer the debut, simply because about 3 or 4 songs are weaker than anything on the debut. That said, the rest of the songs are great so time will tell.

I was wrong, now I am not sure which album is better. I know better than to review too quickly.

Every single song on this album is now stuck in my head.

Just got the album...

Absolutely love it all!
Favorites so far
1. Outsiders
2.I'm your villain
3. The fallen
4. Evil and a heathen

I bought this one yesterday and have listened to it only twice. So in that sense I can't review it yet (apart from the fact that it's pretty good on its own). However, I have to say that Evil And A Heathen has some extra brownie points for me, since they mention my city! I never had suspected that a foreign band would/could use the word Utrecht in a song. :)

The more I listen to it...the more I believe that this is the best album of the year.:drool: :drool: :drool:

So we're making lists?

Okidoki.

1. The Fallen
2. Walk Away
3. Eleanor Put Your Boots On
4. What You Meant
5. Fade Together
6. You're The Reason I'm Leaving
7. I'm Your Villain
8. You Could Have It So Much Better
9. Evil And A Heathen
10. Outsiders
11. Well That Was Easy
12. Do You Want To
13. This Boy

bonosgirl84 said:
i've had this album for a week now and haven't opened it

i'm sure it's great, though :up:

Lol, same.. except i've had it for weeks/weeks. Its stitting in my CD rack.

martha said:
I've almost boughten this thing twice. Should I actually take it to the check-out lanes tonight?

I think so, if you liked their 1st album, you'll like this album

I found it better than the debut album personally

They're okay. I guess I don't quite see what the big deal is. I like them okay when I hear them but I don't think a record would have enough longevity for me to be worth buying it. Could be wrong. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:
They're okay. I guess I don't quite see what the big deal is. I like them okay when I hear them but I don't think a record would have enough longevity for me to be worth buying it. Could be wrong. :shrug:

Yeah, you could be. :) Luckily their records are around 40 minutes, which is long enough. At least they understand the golden rule of editing, keep it short and to the point and that 11-songs, 40-minutes albums are just as good or even better than 17-songs, 60-minutes albums.

:)

Popmartijn said:

Yeah, you could be. :) Luckily their records are around 40 minutes, which is long enough. At least they understand the golden rule of editing, keep it short and to the point and that 11-songs, 40-minutes albums are just as good or even better than 17-songs, 60-minutes albums.

:)

Well the people with good taste in here love them so it must just be me. But what I meant is that I'm not sure if it's something I'd keep listening to over the years. :)

Back
Top Bottom