Franz Ferdinand vs. The Killers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
Which one do you consider better? Both bands have interesting sounds, but I really haven't gotten into them. Should I give them a shot?

oh come on.

franz ferdinand has been dead for over 90 years, and like the band, he's still more relevant.

If I'm reading that right, you're saying the dead Franz Ferdinand is still more relevant than the Killers?

Alrighty:|

Killers all the way. Zoom, only time will tell who can withstand time's test. I just cannot stand so many more songs in the FF CD vs. the Killers CD. Case in point, Tell Her Tonight.

The Killers may sound more mainstream, but their songs actually have deeper meanings than the obvious. They're also good instrumentalists as evidenced in their numerous acoustical performances.

I'm sure I'll post more later...

mr. brightside is a good song.

take me out, darts of pleasure, auf achse, jacqueline, this fire, and tell her tonite are very good songs.

tsar nicholas II is still my favourite at the moment.

Zoomerang96 said:
mr. brightside is a good song.

take me out, darts of pleasure, auf achse, jacqueline, this fire, and tell her tonite are very good songs.

tsar nicholas II is still my favourite at the moment.

Actually, Bear, "This F-f-fire" is better than "This Fire"
:sexywink:
:madspit:
:sexierdoggylikeleghumpingwink:

"The Dark of the Matinee" (FF) is a pretty damn sexy song, so I'll go with FF, although when I gave Hot Fuss a chance I really did dig it.

Here's a ranking of my "new" CDs from best to worst (and worst just means least good):

The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Interpol - Antics
Keane - Hopes and Fears
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Arcade Fire and Interpol are very damned close. Keane took a while, but it's definitely a grower. I'll be able to compare live acts here in the next few weeks/months as well since Interpol (tomorrow), Modest Mouse (next month) and The Killers (in May) are all coming to town.

By the way, thanks to all here for the musical discussions. It prompted to go out and get these great CDs. :up:

Franz - they've got the whole package. Their style is pretty original, the music is great, and they are amazing live. The Killers are good, but not great. I'm not so sure they'll be able to sustain themselves.

Franz all the way.

I tried to give Hot Fuss a listen the other day. After the fourth track, I turned the fucker off and I have no desire to hear anymore. Me no likey at all, so to speak :|

I love them both...I go back and forth as to which I prefer. However, if I sit down to listen to each of them, I'm more likely to skip over a couple Killers tracks than a couple of FF tracks.

Franz Ferdinand, after hearing a few Killers songs I really just lost interest, they just didn't grab my attention. :shrug:

They own the Brit Awards this year, they have been nominated for something like 7 awards.

ADecentMelody said:
Here's a ranking of my "new" CDs from best to worst (and worst just means least good):

The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Interpol - Antics
Keane - Hopes and Fears
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Arcade Fire and Interpol are very damned close. Keane took a while, but it's definitely a grower. I'll be able to compare live acts here in the next few weeks/months as well since Interpol (tomorrow), Modest Mouse (next month) and The Killers (in May) are all coming to town.

By the way, thanks to all here for the musical discussions. It prompted to go out and get these great CDs. :up:

I just about spit out my drink because of the order, but good choices overall. :wink:

Anyhoo, The Killers own Franz Ferdinand. In my opinion, there's really not much contest.

Back
Top Bottom