Franz Ferdinand re-issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I've been wanting to buy FF's CD for a while--my ex had it, and of course now I need my own copy. ;) When I went to pick up HTDAAB, I found that there's a reissue of Franz Ferdinand with four new songs on a second CD! And it was on sale, too. FF fans may want to check this out.

re-issue already? that's pretty lame.

option 1: re-issue album w/ 4 extra songs. fans will buy it for those songs, even though they already have the album. it draws more fans who don't already own the album. makes band and label max profit.

option 2: hold off on new songs until next album. there's that fad thing to take into account - will many people care after a year or so? probably not. and the band might not be able to fit them into the theme they're going with, anyway. or they're leftovers, and this is still more profitable than using them as b-sides for superflous singles (you know, the album that spawns 7 singles is never everyone's favorite, and mostprobably aren't going to buy singles for those b-sides, not at current cd prices anyway. the album thing still makes more $$$).

option 3: EP. worst financial option.

:down:

Last edited:
This sucks because I already bought the original release and love it...but I don't want to buy it over again for 4 songs. :down:

So did I Pax and I feel like I was a bit ripped off.

I hate saying that I think U2 are greedy but I think they really want to cash in from the fact hundreds of their fans would want to get their mitts on the special edition (which isn't really that special imo)
:reject:

I walked around in Best Buy with the reissue in my stack of things I want to get for about half an hour the other day. Then I decided not to get it because I didn't want the entire album again... just the extras.

I'm still thinking of getting it.... :hmm: Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas...

:madspit:

I HATE it when bands do that! When bands release their album and released it again a couple of months later with an extra live cd or dvd or whatever... Moloko did that to me, as well as some other bands that I already bought the cd from... :mad:

It's a pretty sweet deal if you don't already have the album, though (and if you do already have it, you're not really losing anything). I have a special tour edition of Incubus' Make Yourself, for instance, that has a bonus disc.

At least it's being released domestically. Import-only tracks are the true suckage.

I wouldn't call it a re-issue... more a 'special edition'. Bands do it here all the time 'special tour edition', where they just throw in another cd with 4 tracks or whatever. Manic Street Preachers 'The Holy Bible' new release is a re-issue, same with Grace.

Money making scheme? Yes.

I never actually bought the album, but I'm kinda tired of it, may get this though.

Last edited:
I agree, I love U2 but it bugs me that they have that, "Vertigo" is a new U2 song and some U2 fans haven't heard it while there are already new "Vertigo" remixes.

I hate re-issues. :mad: The only time I think they're acceptable is when they do something like Elbow did with the re-issue of Cast of Thousands (and I think a couple of other bands have done as well)....sell the bonus CD/DVD seperately at a reduced price so fans won't have to choose between buying the same album twice or missing out on the bonus material.

What is with bands doing this lately?

Libertines just brought out a new version with an extra dvd and done it Morrissey has one with extra cd...

I'm not really convinced by Franz Ferdinand enough to buy any sort of release of theirs.

Not so keen on the whole reissue thing but Franz Ferdinand are a great new band. I saw them a few weeks back now and the gig was ace. Deffo worth getting the album if you ain't!

I think the options to put out an EP instead or hold on to the songs for the next album would have been better.

I bought the CD HTDAAB.

celia said:
What is with bands doing this lately?

Libertines just brought out a new version with an extra dvd

WHAT??? :scream:

Ya know...that's what I get for trying to be on top of things with CDs this year...I need to start waiting to buy discs like a year after each release, in case they re-release it with more good stuff. :|

i know this is slightly off-topic, but the concept of a box set is pretty lame when you think about it...i think a certain band has a song about that :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom