Franz Ferdinand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Apologies if there's already a thread on this rockin' Scottish group, I haven't been very up to date.

I would like to go on record and say that Franz Ferdinand are great and everyone please go listen to them and if I had the money I'd probably buy their album right away but I don't think it's locally released yet.

Oh, man, I was hoping for a thread about the Archduke of Austria-Hungary who was assasinated in 1914 igniting WW1:grumpy: Is this who they are named after? Do they have his pic on the album cover? I mean, some people do things like that.

So if you're lonely...
you know I'm here waiting for you
I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
and if you leave here
you leave me broken, shattered, I lie
I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot, then we can die

:dance:

It is indeed the catchiest song ever (or at least rivaling Kylie's 'Can't Get You Out of My Head'...but with much better lyrics and structure). :up:

Not bad I guess. I think both your comments over-hyped it a little for me though.

Seems just like another disco-rock band from 'Take Me Out' though. That's just my impression after one song though.

decent

intro sounds like an slf riff...whoa...it changed. here's the disco thing mofo was talking about.

not bad :up:

I've been meaning to check them out for a couple months now. Can anyone describe their sound for me? Thanks! :)

These guys fucking rock so much it's ridiculous... so catchy they make the strokes sound bland.

Fav songs are: Take me Out, Dark of the Matinee, 40 Ft, and Come On Home.

The whole album is killer, though. Absolutely killer.

Back
Top Bottom