Frank Black Says Pixies Considering Reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if this is indeed true...

its one of my few true regrets up this far, not having seen the pixies live when they were around. i already was a huge fan back then but never got around to seeing them. and then they were gone :sad:

oh my, if this were true...

I would pay to see that

if they do tour I hope the netherlands are early in the schedule,
because I don't see them finishing a tour without a few fist fights

Where is my mind? I would be ecstatic to see them play. He really must need some $$$. lol.

apparently the catholics aren't making black enough dough :down:

but hey, i'm all for new pixies anything, whether it's a cd or a tour.

the pixies :up:

update from pitchfork...

Short of the Velvet Underground, there's no band more beloved, more important, more cited as an influence in indie rock than the Pixies. Whether you're strictly a Doolittle man (surely one of the finest damn rock albums ever) or an obsessive who can name every Trompe le Monde b-side, the Pixies' contributions to the alternative rock canon are sacred texts, the alpha cell of a paisley-flecked v23 flowchart that, down various impeccably typeset branches, might lead to Nirvana, to the Breeders, to Throwing Muses, Guided By Voices, Modest Mouse, Trail of Dead, or Enon.

Sadly, most of these revelations weren't made until after the band's prime. Since their reportedly messy and bloody demise in 1993, fans have signed on by the dozens-- based partially on the recommendation of Kurt Cobain, and partially by their desire to find something truly exuberant, legitimate, funny and weird in their music. Anyone born in the '80s might surely have at some point sighed and abandoned all hope of seeing the Pixies on stage at all. In a sense, the idea of a Pixies reunion has almost become a joke, the indie-kid version of "Yeah, when pigs fly." So when the report came in July that all four original members (that's Black Francis, Kim Deal, David Lovering, and Joey Santiago) have been secretly practicing together every couple of blue moons since the breakup, there was the first glimmer of hope.

Now that the heavyhandedness is past, here comes the point. The glimmer is now a full-blown supernova. It's happening. In April. No dates yet, not even any quotes from the group's principals-- just a band spokesperson's promise to MTV, who broke the story. The source, who remains unnamed in MTV's story, also claims that if all goes well a studio album will follow.

The Pixies. Are back. Together. Music is saved. Lovers of rock, unite and cheer. This is going to truly own.

Man oh man!

If its true then Id give an arm and a leg to see them live again! If they wont tour but release a new album, Im all for that and wont blame them if they go in that direction....cos of the probable big media attention a tour would attract and the band might not want that.

But if they undertake a tour, it'll be brilliant but the demand for tickets will be incredibly high..... probably as high as U2's gigs were in 2001, I reckon! That might pose problems as Im sure Pixies will want to avoid big arenas and play small intimate venues like Astoria in London or Irving Plaza in New York instead. I cant see Pixies playing big venues....it wouldnt feel right, you know.

Anyway I have seen The Pixies live 4 times (all in London) and man, they were AWESOME! If it wasnt for U2, The Pixies would have been the best gigs of my life!

Heres hoping that they will come back together *fingers crossed*

dougal

thanks to www.FrankBlack.net

Wow..what a day.. A huge media explosion on a single rumor of the Pixies reforming.

Thanks to the countless (okay, 529) Pixies fans who emailed me these stories. (Apologies to the others who received bounced messages. I really want to see your article!! Like really!)

Being a tasty flan with connections, i contacted my afore-mentioned close and reliable source for the Official Word?, and here's what i was sent on the compelling Rumor 398b:

As you may know, 20th century physicists studying sub-atomic particles discovered that, in determining a particle's position, they could not, simultaneously, determine the particle's direction and velocity. On the other hand, in determining the direction and velocity of a particle, they were also precluded from simultaneously determining the particle's position.
Such is the case with the Pixies; I may know where they are at a particular moment, but I have no idea where they're going. On the other hand, I may know where they're going, but have no idea where they are.

There you have it. However, the plot thickens on Billboard.com where Ken Goes, FB's and the Pixies' manager tells us there's been a request for the Pixies to play! But...also...that there are many such requests each year.

So what doya think? Is there gonna be tour and new Pixies album? The FB community is doing a great job getting to the bottom of this here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom