four years was worth the wait for sure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
I just picked up the new Crystal Meathod cd.

I used to listen to their debut cd "vegas" while typing my senior thesis in college. That and the U2 remixes. There's nothing quite like listening to dance music at 3 in the morning while typing a paper about Thomas Davis and Cultural Nationism in Ireland
wink.gif

Anyway, Crystal Meathod's new cd "tweekend" is definately worth the wait. Upbeat...with rock beats and a dance mentality, this album is awesome. No sophomore slump for these guys. I hope it does as well as their first album did. Of all the dance/electronic I listen to, these guys are my favorite I think. They're big beat without being repetitive.

The video for "name of the game" is pretty sweet. I've only seen it once, but it seemed cool.

If you like any electronic music, check out these guys. You won't be dissapointed.

------------------
All is quiet on New Year's Day
Think I'll try and impress my mates
So I jumped into the lake
I won't do that again
Here we go again - A

[This message has been edited by popkidu2 (edited 08-11-2001).]

I hate to say it, but I was disapointed.

I'd say it is an imporvement over VEGAS, which was an album I listened to quite a bit for awhile. But after four years, I guess I just expected more.

I'm no electronic purest or snob by any means. It just seems like what eveyone else has been doing has eclipsed CM in certain ways. CM may realise it themselves since this CD is seems so directly targeted for the widest possible audience. Which is fine in certain aspects, but I still would have liked more progresion from them, just because I think there's a lot of potential.

------------------
Steve
SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy

I almost posted something about this CD. I think they have outdone Vegas. 'Murder' is a great song, and I am impressed with Scott Weiland's performance on that track. Tweekend sounds like Crystal Method, but not the same(if that makes sense). A great CD that I recommend, also..

------------------
Nate

"Sometimes I feel like I dont' know
Sometimes I feel like checking out
I wanna get it wrong
Can't Always be strong
And love it won't be long..."

-Ultraviolet

hermes,

your post intrigues me.

what do you mean by that? What do you think they should've done?

Considering the derivative dance music that makes it onto the radio these days, I think CM stayed true to the essance of dance/electronic. What meakes me love these guys so much is that the drum beats they use are rock, not BAM BAM BAM BAM 4/4 dance beats, but the songs that they use them w/ are dance songs. I think that is working outside the box so to speak.

Explain what you mean. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

------------------
All is quiet on New Year's Day
Think I'll try and impress my mates
So I jumped into the lake
I won't do that again
Here we go again - A

IM me at popkidu2

Back
Top Bottom