Foulness, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have to say I was a little disappointed when he got the job in the party, and I'm even more disappointed that so little has come out of it. I haven't heard much of him in a while, either.

I truly don't know how someone who wrote Beds Are motherfucking Burning can stomach being in a government that, so far, is continuing the NT Intervention.

HOW DOES HE SLEEP AT NIGHT.

How does ANYBODY involved in that sleep at night.

I mean, seriously. There is a FUCKING GOOD REASON why Australia in the 1950s-60s was compared to Apartheid South Africa, and we've fucking stepped right back to that era. That language is strong, but for fuck's sake, Aborigines are treated like goddamn children, or even less than children - as people who don't have brains, who can't make their own choices, who can't manage their own communities, who need the civilised white man to look out for them.

FUCK THAT.

OK, moved onto the pinot noir. Not expecting much, but I just cleaned my palate so that the cab sav doesn't bias me, and you know, this is a very smooth wine, extremely drinkable. Certainly not the height of pinot noir, but oh yes, this is what I need right about now.

I hope to see more drunken rants against the Australian government from the Axman in the near future.

I'm 6.5 glasses in, and honestly, are my tipsy rants really that much different to my sober rants?

And go on, give me more topics. I can easily keep going here.

Okay, let's see. The water crisis.

Oh god. The competing interests of the states are just going to fuck us over there. I mean, have you SEEN the Murray? That river is fucked. Fuckedburgers float on it and little else. But good fucking luck getting any serious environmental action. We need unified national action, managing dams and river catchments and all that good stuff, but we're never going to get it. At the end of the day, governments just pay lip service to environmentalism and that's it. Make a show of looking like they're doing something. They commission studies and tout some initiative, but the studies are quietly shelved once a consultant pockets a cool million and the initiative is just a nice ribbon-cutting ceremony for some political twat and it really achieves nothing.

Oh, the ribbon-cutting effect. If a politician can cut a ribbon and get their ugly mug in the paper, they're all for it. If they can't, fuck it. Shame a lot of the most worthwhile projects fall into the latter. Politicians are twats, and the people who vote for them on the basis of seeing them in the paper cutting ribbons for things that do NOTHING are even bigger twats. Totally brainless. God, the public are idiots.

Which one, SE Queensland having too much or the rest of Australia having too little?

Great call. Heh, my mother phoned me early today because a storm was about to roll in. Ah, southeast Queensland, you're fucked and I don't miss you at all. Maybe the water will wash you into the sea. OH THE GREAT LAND OF VAPIDITY! May you perish into the surf you worship so mindlessly!

Can SE Queensland fall into the sea maybe a day after I leave there in January? I gotta get my sun before then. And by sun I mean I want to see the polar bears at Sea World.

Can SE Queensland fall into the sea maybe a day after I leave there in January? I gotta get my sun before then. And by sun I mean I want to see the polar bears at Sea World.

Oh, you're definitely going to southeast Queensland? And hey, in January? I may be there then!

Also, WTF is with having polar bears on the GOLD COAST. The poor goddamn things. I'm less referencing the climate and more the Gold Coast. Poor ANYTHING there. I wonder why the fuck I enjoyed my holiday there when I was ten. I suppose Dreamworld was kind of fun.

And if SEQ falls into the sea, I would like most of my family to have advance warning so that they can get out. And some friends too. Not everybody from high school sucked. I'd like some of them to have a future. But most of them, I expect to laugh at their failure to achieve anything when we have our 10 year anniversary. I'll be Dr Axver and they'll be some twat with STDs, unable to even land a job at a supermarket.

Oh, you're definitely going to southeast Queensland? And hey, in January? I may be there then!

Also, WTF is with having polar bears on the GOLD COAST. The poor goddamn things. I'm less referencing the climate and more the Gold Coast. Poor ANYTHING there. I wonder why the fuck I enjoyed my holiday there when I was ten. I suppose Dreamworld was kind of fun.

And if SEQ falls into the sea, I would like most of my family to have advance warning so that they can get out. And some friends too. Not everybody from high school sucked. I'd like some of them to have a future. But most of them, I expect to laugh at their failure to achieve anything when we have our 10 year anniversary. I'll be Dr Axver and they'll be some twat with STDs, unable to even land a job at a supermarket.

Yeah, just for a few days. Staying at the hotel at Sea World. Of course we could say many things about the people, but I enjoy Queensland a lot as a holiday destination. There were no bogans on the Whitsunday Islands!

Dr. Axver. Fuck, change your screenname to that. Hopefully I'll be all kinds of millionaire at a high school reunion, or preferably dead (after incredible successes) so I don't have to attend.

I see an Ali lurking! :wave:

Yeah, just for a few days. Staying at the hotel at Sea World. Of course we could say many things about the people, but I enjoy Queensland a lot as a holiday destination. There were no bogans on the Whitsunday Islands!

Dr. Axver. Fuck, change your screenname to that.

Ahh, right. What dates? I'm yet to book my trip to QLD. Waiting for one of my friends who now lives in Toowoomba to tell me when he'll be down on the Gold Coast. And sure, there aren't bogans in the Whitsundays, but there are fake tan bimbos wearing bikinis two sizes too small. Actually, I can't judge; I've never been that far north. But I expect they're on Hamilton Island in droves, thinking they're so hot when really they just need to put a top on.

Haha. It's going to be sweet. Shame how my real last name sucks.

Goddamnit, Ali's gone. We need more people here! It's more fun to be ranting away when it's an active thread! I see Liam lurking. Speak up, motherfucker.

I went to see how the last thread ended, for some reason. I think I was trying to figure out what you were all talking about at the start of this one...

:wave: Hi Ax and Bonnie and Liam if he's here.

This is a bit of a drive-by, need to get to bed in a minute...

I need to see that whole Achmed the Dead Terrorist thing on You Tube... saw a bit of it a few days ago and it cracked me the hell up.

I went to see how the last thread ended, for some reason. I think I was trying to figure out what you were all talking about at the start of this one...

:wave: Hi Ax and Bonnie and Liam if he's here.

This is a bit of a drive-by, need to get to bed in a minute...

Ah, you are here! :wave:

Were we talking about something particularly interesting? I left pretty much straight away to go hand in my essay.

Ha. Ha. You sleep at 11pm? Not a chance!

Jeez, he whinges cos no one's here, then he leaves me alone to do all the posting...

Men. :tsk:

Edit: Typical! He shows up just to prove the above post wrong...!

:wink:

I see an Ali lurking! :wave:

Ahh, right. What dates? I'm yet to book my trip to QLD. Waiting for one of my friends who now lives in Toowoomba to tell me when he'll be down on the Gold Coast. And sure, there aren't bogans in the Whitsundays, but there are fake tan bimbos wearing bikinis two sizes too small. Actually, I can't judge; I've never been that far north. But I expect they're on Hamilton Island in droves, thinking they're so hot when really they just need to put a top on.

Haha. It's going to be sweet. Shame how my real last name sucks.

Yeah, Ali seems to posting in Pleba. I was hoping she'd pop over here. :(

Hell if I know the dates yet. I'll ask my mum tomorrow. Probably sometime around mid-month. I don't actually remember that many bimbos on Long Island, which is where I stayed, but I'm sure everything goes on at night. When I was staying there were a bunch of American frat kids. We didn't have to see them all the time, though. I was mostly annoyed by how they pronounced things.

Aw, your name isn't that bad. Hell, if I remember right, you're two letters off from the Surrealist movement founder.

Ah, you are here! :wave:

Were we talking about something particularly interesting? I left pretty much straight away to go hand in my essay.

Ha. Ha. You sleep at 11pm? Not a chance!

No, I don't think it was particularly interesting, but I'm just too curious for my own good.

Watch me... it's a day for bizarre things. I practiced before!!

Has your family been affected by the flooding much, Ax?

Nope, luckily. Mum says it hasn't really been bad on the Gold Coast; it's mostly wasted places up north. It helps that my mother's house - where I used to live - is up on a hill in a spot little threatened by flooding. Rising waters would have to be of Biblical proportions to trouble it, and it's not in a spot that would be affected by slips, though a few properties down the road could be screwed if the land decided that, no, it would actually prefer to be 50m closer to sea level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom