Foulness, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pretty good.

You downloaded Life's Rich Pageant yet? Fall On Me, Cuyahoga, and The Flowers Of Guatemala are awesome songs.

Heh. The one PT album that really makes me think of other stuff is The Sky Moves Sideways, because it's just so obviously influenced by Pink Floyd. Glad you're enjoying it. Don't Hate Me is my least favourite song and I usually skip it, but I seem to be a minority in that opinion.

Oh yeah, I'm living it up alright! Actually, I'm nearly finished my third glass of cab sav, so maybe I shouldn't do spreadsheeting tonight ...

That would require me not to be capped. :(

I'm busy absording Reckoning. Really fucking good. dont go back to rockville

That would require me not to be capped. :(

I'm busy absording Reckoning. Really fucking good. dont go back to rockville

Glad you got Reckoning at least. So. Central Rain is my favourite there. The run of So. Central Rain/Pretty Persuasion/Time After Time is classic. Get LRP and Fables soon as you can. You totally need Feeling Gravity's Pull in your life.

Can't say I was really moved by Don't Hate Me. It's alright, I guess. I'd have to have a second listen to determine just how I care for it.

Ah, go on.

Ashley's said it's one of her favourites - probably because of the sax solo! Personally, I love Even Less, Piano Lessons, Pure Narcotic, This Is No Rehearsal, Stranger By The Minute, and A Smart Kid.

Considering that I once found myself editing grammatical errors on Wikipedia after seven glasses of wine, it's actually quite probable that I'll update the entire fucking spreadsheet while blind drunk.

Glad you got Reckoning at least. So. Central Rain is my favourite there. The run of So. Central Rain/Pretty Persuasion/Time After Time is classic. Get LRP and Fables soon as you can. You totally need Feeling Gravity's Pull in your life.

Ashley's said it's one of her favourites - probably because of the sax solo! Personally, I love Even Less, Piano Lessons, Pure Narcotic, This Is No Rehearsal, Stranger By The Minute, and A Smart Kid.

Considering that I once found myself editing grammatical errors on Wikipedia after seven glasses of wine, it's actually quite probable that I'll update the entire fucking spreadsheet while blind drunk.

i'm sorry

R.E.M. is so much fun to play on guitar, too. Laughing and Harborcoat ftw.

I fucking hate it when I spend ages preparing some food and then in the end I'm not even that hungry/find it too rich.

Also, I am so fucking sick of people in EYKIW saying that U2's output post-1993 can compare to more prolific artists of their stature. Three/four albums in 15+ years is terrible, soundtrack songs and additional best-of tracks not withstanding.

i'm sorry

R.E.M. is so much fun to play on guitar, too. Laughing and Harborcoat ftw.

I want to learn Feeling Gravity's Pull, just because I love its intro.

I fucking hate it when I spend ages preparing some food and then in the end I'm not even that hungry/find it too rich.

Also, I am so fucking sick of people in EYKIW saying that U2's output post-1993 can compare to more prolific artists of their stature. Three/four albums in 15+ years is terrible, soundtrack songs and additional best-of tracks not withstanding.

I knew that would happen last night, hence the soup I had for dinner. Anything else would've been a waste.

What especially bugs me is how these people count things like touring as "output". Just about every artist that people on Interference compare to U2 ALSO tours. The point is fucking irrelevant. If anything, the touring aspect should INCREASE U2's studio output, since it's well known that they rehearse new ideas in soundcheck - to the present day. The fact that their output has dried up in the last 15 ideas is damning on so many levels.

I fucking can't bear the defence that they have lives, families etc. You've got to be crazy if you think any member of U2 is doing more work than the average mother or father with a real job.

How about don't be so fucking condescending.

Bonnie, I love the pairing of that quote in your sig and your latest post in the dreadful Danny Lanois thread in WTAHNN.

Also, Lanois needs to lay off the hyperbole and learn that the only people who actually buy his horseshit are hyperfans who are going to love the album even if it's motherfucking Crazy Frog repackaged as U2.

Bonnie, I love the pairing of that quote in your sig and your latest post in the dreadful Danny Lanois thread in WTAHNN.

Also, Lanois needs to lay off the hyperbole and learn that the only people who actually buy his horseshit are hyperfans who are going to love the album even if it's motherfucking Crazy Frog repackaged as U2.

Oh, I didn't realise they went so well together. Nice catch. But if you're going to say something at all to that numbnuts, what the fuck do you say?

Yeah, pretty much on the ball. He must be tripping.

I love the people who are more negative on Interference than we are on U2. Hell, look at the Rejoice vs Refugee thread! All positivity! But no remark there, huh?

Also, I think I am starting to get tipsy. I'm feeling good. I feel like I should stop eating the choccies and save some for later, but this cab sav goes fantastically with rum 'n' raisin chocolate.

And hahaha, I love idiot railfans getting proved wrong. This twit's arguing until he's blue in the face that a particular loco can be converted from broad to standard gauge, then the son of one of the loco's designers comes into the thread and posts that his father expressly stated gauge conversion is impossible. The pwnage is quality. Especially because the pwned can't hack it and lashes out with random personal attacks on other posters.

I am a bad person. I like Shiny Happy People. Fuck the haters.

And hahaha, I love idiot railfans getting proved wrong. This twit's arguing until he's blue in the face that a particular loco can be converted from broad to standard gauge, then the son of one of the loco's designers comes into the thread and posts that his father expressly stated gauge conversion is impossible. The pwnage is quality. Especially because the pwned can't hack it and lashes out with random personal attacks on other posters.

Speaking of this, my favourite saga at the moment - Delta/Northwest merger and what will happen with Airbus - takes another funny turn. The CEO comes out and point blank says they will buy planes from Boeing and Airbus and the Boeing fanboys can't hack it and end up as delusional as <>.

Speaking of this, my favourite saga at the moment - Delta/Northwest merger and what will happen with Airbus - takes another funny turn. The CEO comes out and point blank says they will buy planes from Boeing and Airbus and the Boeing fanboys can't hack it and end up as delusional as <>.

HOW DARE THAT CEO HAVE GOOD BUSINESS SENSE! DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT ONLY BOEING MAKES REAL PLANES! AN AIRBUS IS JUST A GLORIFIED DILDO WITH WINGS!

clf

:laugh:

It's such a great, catchy song. I don't know why people rag on it so much. Hell, it seems even REM hate it.

Just finished the fifth glass of cab sav. Debating whether to have a sixth, or whether to open the pinot noir.

They ever played it live? With or without Kate Pierson? By the way, I fucking love Kate Pierson. That song she did with Iggy Pop around the same time is another non-guilty pleasure of mine.

Whoooo. Maybe go for the pinot noir for a while. Nice to be able to pick between the two later on.

They ever played it live? With or without Kate Pierson? By the way, I fucking love Kate Pierson. That song she did with Iggy Pop around the same time is another non-guilty pleasure of mine.

Whoooo. Maybe go for the pinot noir for a while. Nice to be able to pick between the two later on.

I read that they never did it live. Terrible shame. They also totally need to tour Australia. An REM gig would be sweet, even if most of what they've released post-Green has kind of sucked.

I poured a glass of cab sav, but I think I'll crack out the pinot noir next glass. Alas, it's just a Yarra Valley pinot noir, so I do not expect great things like I would from a Central Otago one, but still, any pinot noir is bound to be good pinot noir.

So U2 might break up in the next couple of years?

Yeah, obviously they'll break up before Coldplay so a bunch of people start getting up in arms about Coldplay ripping shit off. That'd be more of a priority than crying what with the only band they've ever listened to breaking up.

You guys know a band U2 shouldn't follow? Midnight Oil. Fucking awesome music, but Peter Garrett, man, what the hell. Just what the hell. Slap Kevin Rudd and tell him to do something fucking tangible about the environment and indigenous people and all the other worthy causes you used to write songs about. Goddamnit, man. Toeing the party line is for fools worried about preserving their position. Be your own fucking politician.

Or maybe U2 should follow that, just so that Bono can get bogged down in Irish party politics, muzzled, and we never have to put up with his twaddle again.

You guys know a band U2 shouldn't follow? Midnight Oil. Fucking awesome music, but Peter Garrett, man, what the hell. Just what the hell. Slap Kevin Rudd and tell him to do something fucking tangible about the environment and indigenous people and all the other worthy causes you used to write songs about. Goddamnit, man. Toeing the party line is for fools worried about preserving their position. Be your own fucking politician.

Or maybe U2 should follow that, just so that Bono can get bogged down in Irish party politics, muzzled, and we never have to put up with his twaddle again.

I found myself hoping they'd leave Garrett in Antarctica when he went down there a few months ago.

Yeah, I have to say I was a little disappointed when he got the job in the party, and I'm even more disappointed that so little has come out of it. I haven't heard much of him in a while, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom