Foul language

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you swear?

• All the time - I'm a big potty mouth

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • Only around my friends or in the house - never in public

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Sometimes but only to myself - not outloud

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • No way - I'm a square

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
im a reeeeeeeally bad curser.......

id be doin ok, not sayin anythin particularly bad, and then somethin'd happen and i go "Shit", and then i go "ah shit i cursed" and then i go "fuckit this shit is shit why cant i stop fuckin cursin??"

so as you can see, its a vicious circle!!!

I curse rarely and NEVER in public, so "only to myself" i guess (only if, say, i'm having trouble doing something or if i broke something, or if i hurt myself etc... not cursing just like that).

The only bad words i use would be equal to "shit" or "hell" in English.

I used the "f" word in class to this guy that was bugging me, but it felt really awkward and i was embarassed. That was the only time ever.

"feck" spelling though reminds me of the word "flek" in Slovene meaning stain . :laugh:

Having said that, i don't think cursing is appropriate as i am a girl and i 99% of the time manage fine without it. (there was this girl in high school i went to and in EVERY SINGLE sentence there was a curse, and those major ones too - was really annoying IMO). I am not comfortable listening to others curse in real life. It really is true IMO that people shouldn't need cursing to express themselves.

Last edited:
I'll occasionally swear...but more to myself...because I can't swear at work. I am annoyed by people who use fuck as every other word in conversation.

Me: "Hi! How are you today?"

Annoying person: "I'm fucking great, I fuckin' went to the fuckin' store and got fuckin' peanut buter."

Daisyphisto said:
Annoying person: "I'm fucking great, I fuckin' went to the fuckin' store and got fuckin' peanut buter."

OK even I admit that's annoying.

I'm not THAT bad.. :wink:

I swear when I'm talking about politics ;)
(Example: I'm sitting in the library reading a book by someone I disagree with :::deliberately refrains from naming an author so as not to cause disagreement ;) ::: and I sort of swear under my breath...only it's so quiet in the library that everyone in a ten table radius hears me and someone usually mutters something along the lines of "shut the f---" up." So it's probably accurate to say I encourage others to swear more than I swear myself.

I'm not so sure why I replied to this thread. :huh:

I think "Father Ted" may be responsible for the increase in the use of the word"feck"....or at least Father Jack Hackett, he made it an art form.
As a parent, I try to set an example. I was asking my boys to reduce their swearing( they have a new computer game, that always seems to require a few extra "expletive deletives") I was told to not be a hypocrite, that I have a rather uniquelly colourful way of expressing surprise. I did not even realise i said that phrase.It is gross, I think I picked it up from my dear old mother. It's so easy to slip into habits and become almost unaware of them.

I like making people laugh....I remember getting this woman in stitches ages ago.. I was helping her shoe my horse and the horse stood on my foot. I pushed her and said "Oh Alice, ouch, you're on my foot, ouch, get off please dear.ooooouuchh" The farrier couldn't keep working she was laughing so much. She'd never heard someone NOT swear in such a situation.

There is a funny file on the net somewhere, all about the word "fuck". Hub brought it home from work, one of the students found it(of course) I tried not to laugh, but it is very funny.

So anyway you lot of feck-arsed gerls be warned...if you keep swearing you may end up looking like this on a windy island somewhere in the Irish Sea.

Attachments

• hackett drink2.jpg
    hackett drink2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 20
Now *these* are appropriate historical uses of the word "fuck":

"Where did all these fucking Indians come from?"
- General Custer

"Where the fuck is all this water coming from?"
- Captain of the Titanic

"Who's gonna fucking find out?"
- Richard Nixon

"Heads are going to fucking roll."
- Anne Boleyn

"Any fucking idiot could understand that."
- Albert Einstein

"It does so fucking look like her!"
- Picasso

"How the fuck did you work that out?"
- Pythagoras

"You want what on the fucking ceiling?"
- Michaelangelo

"Fuck a duck."
- Walt Disney

"Why?- Because its fucking there!"
- Edmund Hilary

"I don't suppose its gonna fucking rain?"
- Joan of Arc

"Scattered fucking showers my ass."
- Noah

first time hearing mom say the C-word!

The other day, mom's swearing shocked me. I'm used to her saying fuck, but she called this one woman she used to be friends with a "fucking cunt". This woman deserved it. Go mom!

Re: first time hearing mom say the C-word!

~LadyLemon~ said:
The other day, mom's swearing shocked me. I'm used to her saying fuck, but she called this one woman she used to be friends with a "fucking cunt". This woman deserved it. Go mom!

Your mum said the cunt word!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

i never swear.

I never ever use the c-word and I HATE when other people do.

Other than that...yeah, I'm a fuckin' pottymouth. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I live less than an hour from the Pennsylvania-New Jersey border...?

O_O; today at work my boss was mad that someone mailed something that wasn't ready to be mailed

he like collbers the door and yells F***

and I'm the youngest one there. Everyone else is like 20s. 30s

they all TURN and LOOK at me in complete silence like THE KID'S GONNA CRY!!!!! or somethin

I'm like O_O

It was SUCH a moment

Thats funny.

What's even funnier is that little kids your age swear more than most adults.

:macdevil: :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom