Formula 1: Are there any fans here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adam'sbaby

War Child
I'm a big Formula 1 fan and I was wondering if there were more people out here who watch Formula 1.

And has anyone seen the race in Monaco today?
I loved the race. It was very exciting to watch. At the moment I'm still pro Alonso eventhough he didn't do too well today. He let Heidfeld and Webber pass him too easily.

But I'm glad Schumi 1 didn't win.....again

I have been F1 fan for a long time but ever since Damon Hill left the show I couldn't find a personal favorite driver.Perhaps Alonso can do something about it .I'm beginning to like him.Today's race was good,but it can't compare to the one when Schumi was chasing Alonso for 10 laps.Glad he didn't make it

I used to watch the old school guys like Prost, Hill, Mansell, and the great Ayrton Senna. But since I moved to the west coast, I don't watch as much anymore. Plus since Schumacher has dominated for so long, it was kind of boring until this year.

I was a huge Damon Hill fan back in the day. He was the man.

These days I try to take a keen interest, but its tough as the races are shown very late here. I've missed the last couple, I wanted to watch Monaco but just couldn't stay up as I had to do stuff this morning.

Aardvark747 said:
Try as I might, I just can't get as into it as I used to be about 8 or 9 years ago.

I read that thinking that 9 years as though it was like early 90's but shit... thats like 1997. Just when I was really into it was well... Villenueve vs Schumacher :drool:

Man I'm getting old.

The Schumacher Streak has killed a lot of interest.

I used to be a fan back in Senna's glory days... I'm starting to like it again, probably because Michael Schumacher is no longer the permanent number 1.

I started watching F1 in 1997 too. I've seen Villeneuve win the title. That has been quite a while now, yes. But for me, there's still one thing that hasn't changed: I hated Michael Schumacher then and I still do now.

I'm glad to see that there are people here who now Senna, Mansell, Damon Hill and Alain Prost. My favorite of these legends is Ayrton Senna. :bow:

But I wouldn't dare to tell you who I was a fan of back in those days(1997)....:yikes:

I'm huge a MaClaren fan since I started seeing F1. I loved (and love) Senna and I really dislike shummi.

Go Alonso and Kimi. For me, they're the future of this sport.

oh and I should praise Monteiro because he's portuguese like me. He's driving an horrible, very horrible car.

Ther's a grand prix this weekend. In Germany, the Nürburgring to be exact. And we're returning to the old qualifying system again so no more first and second session for qualifying. Just one on Saturday.
Also returning is BAR. I must say that I haven't really missed them 'though.
Ferrari is optimistic about their chances(sure...:madspit: )but I still don't think they will win.(poor old joshua...with his forza ferrari:wink:
It's gonna be Alonso or Raikkonen winning this weekend. But I'd like to see Montoya performing again like he used to do. Or Webber, or Fisichella...
We'll see. But I'm looking forward to to the race, that's for sure!

I think Schumi will be much better this time since it is his home countrie.Much better but not a winner(hope so).The last couple of years in F1 were boring to death because of Ferrari domination but now we have an interesting battle between Kimi and Alonso.
I wouldn't like to underappreciate Schumi but I realy think that if it hadn't been to Senna's death he wouldn't have been considered best driver ever now.

alonso fan over here
hopefully he can bounce back from his tyre troubles
and back is BAR
not much of a BAR fan but it should make for some good racing

Tania said:
Webber - 10 seconds!!! WTF was he thinking?

Hi Tania:wave: Didn't know you were into F1.
Too bad, what happened to Webber. Maybe next time he'll have more luck.

The Winner of this race(with a special thanks to Kimi's tyre)
Alonso-nurburgring.jpg

Adam'sbaby said:

Hi Tania:wave: Didn't know you were into F1.
Too bad, what happened to Webber. Maybe next time he'll have more luck.

The Winner of this race(with a special thanks to Kimi's tyre)
Alonso-nurburgring.jpg

Hi Ya:wave:

Instead of bugs? :wink: No, not into it in a big way but know enough to know who is who etc, and will watch the odd race. Like the bikes better (500cc:drool: )

Last edited:
Tania said:

Hi Ya:wave:

Instead of bugs? :wink: No, not into it in a big way but know enough to know who is who etc, and will watch the odd race. Like the bikes better (500cc:drool: )

Aaah bugs, ok let's not bring them here. :wink:
Bikes, I'm afraid I only know Valentino Rossi. I watched a couple of races in the past. Is Marco Melandri racing in that class(500cc)? I don't know why but that name just popped up in my head.:scratch:

Yes he is. Here's everybody

Shane Byrne British Aprilia Grand Prix
Troy Bayliss Australian Camel Honda
Alex Barros Brazilian Camel Honda
Loris Capirossi Italian Ducati Marlboro Team
Carlos Checa Spanish Ducati Marlboro Team
Toni Elias Spanish Fortuna Yamaha Team
Ruben Xaus Spanish Fortuna Yamaha Team
Valentino Rossi Italian Gauloises Yamaha Team
Colin Edwards American Gauloises Yamaha Team
Shinya Nakano Japanese Kawasaki Racing Team
Alex Hofmann German Kawasaki Racing Team
Makoto Tamada Japanese Konica Minolta Honda
Nicky Hayden American Repsol Honda Team
Max Biaggi Italian Repsol Honda Team
Kenny Roberts Jr. American Team Suzuki MotoGP
John Hopkins American Team Suzuki MotoGP
Sete Gibernau Spanish Telefonica Movistar Honda
Marco Melandri Italian Telefonica Movistar Honda

He is currently second in the championship points. Maybe that's why you remembered him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom