Forest Whitaker : A Class Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
I'm so glad that Forest Whitaker won the Academy Award for Best Actor - I've seen the film The Last King Of Scotland and he was absolutley brilliant in it. What a class act. Can't wait to see what the future holds for him. What a great acceptance speech as well. Again, such class.

I agree :up: and he just seems so sweet and gentle. I really have to rent LKOS when it comes out on DVD. He was excellent on ER this season too.

Trivia question-what was the very first movie he was in?

And now the everyone can safely say that 2 people from Fast Times at Ridgement High have Oscars.

Sean Penn / Spicoli and Whitaker / token black guy.

(I think Forest Whitaker is extremely talented, the token black guy joke is a joke on teen sex comedies, not his acting abilities at all.)

I am so glad Forest Whitacker won for his superb performance this year. He so deserved the award and his acceptance speech was so heartwarming, genuine and classy. It was refreshing to witness his win.

"The Shield" .... Lt. Jon Kavanaugh / ... (12 episodes, 2006)
- Back to One (2006) TV Episode .... Lt. Jon Kavanaugh
- Kavanaugh (2006) TV Episode .... Lt. Jon Kavanaugh
- Postpartum (2006) TV Episode .... Lt. Jon Kavanaugh
- Of Mice and Lem (2006) TV Episode .... Lt. Jon Kavanaugh
- Smoked (2006) TV Episode .... Lt. Jon Kavanaugh
(7 more)

He tried to bring down Mackey I believe.

I saw Last King of Scotland last night, they actually finally have it at my crappy theater (probably for one week). I don't know when it comes out on DVD, but I highly recommend it. Amazing performance.

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see Last King..it sounds like a movie I would like. I was dissapointed Leo didn't win for his role in Blood Diamond, I thought he was fantastic--but I didn't see Last King so I guess I'm biased.

April 17th is the date I found for the DVD release

There are some gruesome scenes, expected considering the subject matter but just fyi for anyone who will rent it.

Back
Top Bottom