Foreign bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
...I mean foreign as in French and Spanish bands :)

I have heard of the group Amaral and I was looking for some other band recommendations people

:wave:

thank you

Let's see:

From Spain I'd say Enrique Bunbury and the band he used to be in " Heroes del Silencio".

As for French bands, I have no idea! I can't even speak French! LOL :D

I could recommend some Argentinian bands ( They sing in Spanish anyway!): Soda Stereo, Gustavo Ceratti, Catupecu Machu, Babasonicos, Carajo, El otro Yo ( These guys sound like Sonic Youth)

I can't think of any other band at the moment. But I'll post more names when I can't think of something else! :D

Rodrigo Y Gabriele, they're Mexican but based in Ireland, and they're fantastic!!!!
Air are French, they rule.
The Parkinsons are from Portugal and apparently are really great.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

:ohmy: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!! You can't possible compare that guy to that MAN! LOL

I'm not gonna say NEK sucks but there's NO possible comparison between the two of them!

hmm I wasnt saying he was good as Sting, but he sounds remarkably like him, except he sings in Italian. Even some of the musical styles are quite similar.

I was doodling around on the 'net when I found a song called 'dejeuner en paix' by Stephan Eicher. He's Swiss. I have no idea what it means. It's not half bad, with a nice violin intro that sounds almost classical.

cloudimani said:

hmm I wasnt saying he was good as Sting, but he sounds remarkably like him, except he sings in Italian. Even some of the musical styles are quite similar.

Hey Mani! I was just kidding! It was nothing personal! :D

for french check out the Paris Combo
they got some pretty great up beat music!

Back
Top Bottom