For those in Southeast, check out Sun Domingo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

believer75

War Child
There is a great new band I have been keeping up with lately. Their name is Sun Domingo. I try my best to make it to their shows whenever they pass through Georgia during their tour of the Southeast. Sun Domingo seems to have influences rooted in Crowded House, Paul McCartney/Beatles, The Police, REM, and Radiohead. If they come to your area, definitely check out one of their shows. They are nice guys, enjoy playing music for people, and put together a great setlist mixed with solid originals and interesting cover versions of classic songs!

You can read more about them at www.sundomingo.com....Make sure you check out the tour dates! I also think there is a section where you can download some audio if you'd like.

Let me know what you think!!

I LOVE Sun Domingo!!

Hey there!
I live in Atlanta, and I LOVE Sun Domingo too! They are becoming really popular here in Atlanta. I recently heard them play for the first time about two months ago, and they are now my new favorite band! Their cd is freakin awesome!
Hey believer75, you're right about the covers, they do some great remakes of songs. My favorites are Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty, Bones by Radiohead, and the Jeffersons theme song.
I'm so glad to hear other people are catching on to them!!
Suzie :yes:

Alright, cool! I know there are lots of "Domingoheads" forming in the universe as we speak.

I really like that version of Radiohead's 'Bones' that they do. Maybe they could do some 'Vertigo' on a banjo??? ;)

Hmm... wonder if they'll be passing through Wilmington NC anytime soon? That list of influences certainly sparks my attention - I'll be watching for them here or maybe down in Myrtle Beach @ HOB. Thanks for the head's up! :)

I think you just missed them in NC! They were there last week, I believe. But, on their tour dates page, it says they are coming to Asheville, NC on Friday Feb 25th @ Wild Wing Cafe. Not sure if you're near there or not... but be sure to check them out if you are, you'll love them! :applaud:

Saw them play last night here in Macon. They will be in Savannah tonight. They've introduced two new songs, the last of which I think would make for a blistering single once they record it, which they are going to do soon. Watch out for these guys! Check them out!!

Yes, actually they are coming to Birmingham. I believe it's in February. I'll check the date and then post it for you, cool?

Verte76, Here is the date for Birmingham. Grab a bunch of your friends and check them out! I really believe you will enjoy the show. My sis lives in Calera, so she is trying to get some people together also. But anyway here is the date:

Wednesday Febuary 23rd-
5 Points Grill, Birmingham, AL. Showtime is 9pm

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:hmm:

Sun Domingo - Chris McKay and the Critical Darlings - The Californias ***21 & Over***
Category: CONCERTS Venue: The Peachtree Tavern
Date: December 30, 2004 Time: 9:00 PM

Yeah! There ya go! That's a good venue for them...always seems to be a nice turnout. Unfortunately, I am going to miss this show because I'm going to be in Florida for New Year's. But definitely check them out, Miss Velvet...it will be a fun time. Also, if you go to the show, make sure to introduce yourself to them.

Haha......yeah, the ladies seem to like them. It doesn't hurt that they are super-talented and cool, too.

They are excited about filming their show on New Year's Eve up in South Carolina for a possible DVD and headlining at Peachtree Tavern the night before. That ATL show is going to be great and I hate that I will miss it. The first time I saw them, they were the headliners and they were rockin' non-stop...most of the other shows I've seen they've only been able to play for 45 minutes or so. You'll want way more music than just 45 minutes!! :)

Back
Top Bottom