For the emo-indie kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
emos.jpg

hahahahaha. Funny stuff. I like a fair share of so called emo bands, but the term seems pretty much obsolete now likely due to overapplication.

btw, I'm in my thirties. Can I still be an emo kid?

^no. both are too wide genres to be all good or all bad. like everything, there's good and bad emo and good and bad indie.

that is funny though.

IWasBored said:
^no. both are too wide genres to be all good or all bad. like everything, there's good and bad emo and good and bad indie.

You mean the genre that includes The Promise Ring, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, At the Drive-In, Sparta, Cursive, and The Dismemberment Plan is too broad and doesnt in any way describe what kind of music "emo" is supposed to be???!!! But At the Drive-In and Promise Ring sound SO MUCH alike!!!!!! :wink:

But yes, it's still funny. :up:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

You mean the genre that includes The Promise Ring, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, At the Drive-In, Sparta, Cursive, and The Dismemberment Plan is too broad and doesnt in any way describe what kind of music "emo" is supposed to be???!!!

I shudder at the mention of Dismemberment Plan and Emo in the sentence. At least they have Fugazi to keep them company.

IWasBored said:

The woman speaks the truth. Preach it! :wink:

So...is this cereal out in stores now? I'm always on the lookout for a new cereal to try. :up:

barlowdog said:
btw, I'm in my thirties. Can I still be an emo kid?

You know, this is something I have been trying to figure out for the last year. How can I be in my 30's and be and "indie kid" or whatever the label is.

I am thinking "emo/Indie post-adolescent" or "emo/indie teen"?

zonelistener said:

You know, this is something I have been trying to figure out for the last year. How can I be in my 30's and be and "indie kid" or whatever the label is.

I am thinking "emo/Indie post-adolescent" or "emo/indie teen"?

alright. let's be the emo/indie elderly. We could be given discount cards for all our music purchases. ;)

Back
Top Bottom