for everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

would you rather...

• live in a place you don't like if you could have more money

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • live in a place you love even if it means having less money

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • I already do live in a place I love and have enough money

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • never think about stuff like that, it makes life too depressing

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
U2Kitten said:

I live in the unfortunate southeastern corner of VA, so I need to head south. I usually take 95 south, but it's so crowded! I have heard if you go up the eastern shore over the bay bridge tunnel from Norfolk you can cross over on US 50 but how far is that? Once I get out of the DC area I can find a way back. I HATE I-64 from Richmond to the I-664 turnoff in Hampton- parts of that near Busch Gardens are backed up for miles too :banghead:

But anyway, back to NO-VA. These are the ideas I had:

Take I-66 a little west to US 17 (I actually live off of US 17 many many miles to the southeast!) But I would take 17 to 95 coming out of Fredricksburg and that should avoid the NO-VA traffic.

or

Take I-66 to VA 234 down through the Manassas area where I can hit US 1 or even 95 at a less crowded place

or

take 50 out of DC to hit US 13 on the eastern shore down to the bay bridge tunnel over to Norfolk.

I've also heard 301 will get you out but you have to get to MD first?

Which of these, or another alternative, sounds best to you? I only want to get out of the DC area, I can work my way home fine the rest of the way. Thanks.

U2Kitten - do you live in northern VA? MD? or somewhere else?

DiGi, I did everthing but lead you to my front door :uhoh: Unfortunate southeast corner of VA.. 95 south to 64...664...I live off highway 17 :uhoh: I was afraid I had given away my location and someone was coming to get me :yikes: :laugh:

I'm sorry, a lot of times I think I have made myself clear but I have rambled so much I confused everyone :huh: If you still want to help I'd appreciate it :happy: :hug: I really just want a way out of DC south into VA- both going into VA and going down the MD eastern shore to VA work for me. Anything but 395 and 95 in the DC area! :no: Once I get out I can find my way home, I just want the best and least traffic-laden way out of the DC/NO-VA area. Thanks:)

If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them too!

Last edited:
This all depends on your stage in life. Having a family shifts the priorities.

If I turned back the clock 20 years, and did not meet my now wife, I would probably go for the money.

I'd rather live in a place I love.

Long Island is extremely expensive, but I really love the community I live in. It's smaller than the area where I grew up (only about 3 miles away), but very close-knit. The fact I work at the local library also keeps me connected to the doings of the area in a way I wouldn't be if I didn't live there.

Eventually I'd like to relocate to New Jersey, near where my sister lives, because I miss her and want to live closer to her.

Back
Top Bottom