For Cat Lovers Only XVIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ this cat is gorgeous :love:

You let him/her outside now? I remember you had said you lost him once or twice?

Thank you, Sicy. She's a female.

If I'm outside doing yard work or having a BBQ or whatever she's allowed out, and only during the daytime.

my cat stopped by the counter for a drink:

189730_10150135300731250_513701249_6596600_4335663_n.jpg

just set up Wesley's fountain. I don't think he understands what it's for. He keeps putting his paw in the bowl or through the running water. Then he shakes his paw off and walks away. I can't convince him to put his head by the running water and drink. :angry:

just set up Wesley's fountain. I don't think he understands what it's for. He keeps putting his paw in the bowl or through the running water. Then he shakes his paw off and walks away. I can't convince him to put his head by the running water and drink. :angry:

This is common. We had the same issue the first time we brought a fountain for Keto. Once he gets thirsty enough he will figure it out !!:wink:

Just make sure you remove his old water bowl so he has no other choice but the fountain.

So we just moved, and I bought Bowie a new littler box. I got one of the ones with the top on it, and he doesn't seem to like it very much. This morning I woke up and he had pooped all over the floor. Do you think if I just take the lid off the litter box he'll behave again, or do I need to go buy a new copy of his old litter box? :slant:

Mine dont like the lid either. I just keep it off. Plus if you just moved he's probably kind of freaked out. Try taking the lid off first and if that doesnt help then get the same box and litter you had before. With moving its important that you have a lot of their original stuff from the old place so that they feel more comfortable adapting to a new environment.

we bought Shelley a big scratching thing, like it's a 40cm x 20cm or so scratch pad, but she doesn't go near it. prefers to tear apart the leather on the kitchen chairs.

also, when she goes to the litter box, she often scratches the wall like it's the kitty litter... get what i mean? like when cats cover up their doo-doos with the kitty litter (so awesome that they do that btw) she does that, and then she does the same motion with her paw on the adjacent wall. :giggle: very cute. she does the same after a drink of water.

we bought Shelley a big scratching thing, like it's a 40cm x 20cm or so scratch pad, but she doesn't go near it. prefers to tear apart the leather on the kitchen chairs.

also, when she goes to the litter box, she often scratches the wall like it's the kitty litter... get what i mean? like when cats cover up their doo-doos with the kitty litter (so awesome that they do that btw) she does that, and then she does the same motion with her paw on the adjacent wall. :giggle: very cute. she does the same after a drink of water.

Wesley does this after he eats. He has 3 bowls on the same mat (water, wet food, dry food) so after he eats he rubs his paw all over the mat like he does in his box. It's really cute to watch him. I wonder if he thinks he's cleaning up after he's eaten.

Mine dont like the lid either. I just keep it off. Plus if you just moved he's probably kind of freaked out. Try taking the lid off first and if that doesnt help then get the same box and litter you had before. With moving its important that you have a lot of their original stuff from the old place so that they feel more comfortable adapting to a new environment.

Thanks, I'll try taking the lid off and see what happens, though he's, as I type this, using it with the lid on, so at least he's getting used to it.

We just bought him a scratching post, because he's in love with the new carpet, and I put a bit of nip on it the first night, and it's been his best friend ever since.

He's hilarious when the nip's around, all rubbing himself on it and what. It's kind of the greatest, most hilarious thing ever.

So we just moved, and I bought Bowie a new littler box. I got one of the ones with the top on it, and he doesn't seem to like it very much. This morning I woke up and he had pooped all over the floor. Do you think if I just take the lid off the litter box he'll behave again, or do I need to go buy a new copy of his old litter box? :slant:

Cat's generally don't like using a litter box with a lid. Its an instinctual thing.

They are at their most vulnerable when they're doing their business so they like to have a clear visual of their surroundins in case there is danger approaching.

Usually taking to lid off does the trick unless his reaction is being caused by something else entirely.

well after staring at the fountain for a few minutes this afternoon...Wesley finally drank from it. Then he stepped in the bowl :crack: and then he drank more. He's not a drinker so I hope this encourages him to drink more. He does like to play in water so at least he'll get his paws wet and lick that off if he doesn't end up drinking more on his own.

Wally never like his fountain, I wound up giving it away. He does like to play in the sink now and try to catch the water, but only if it's a tiny stream. If it's on full blast he gets scared :lol:.

His 1st birthday present arrived today Fling-ama-String | Fling-ama-String | The Cat Connection

His birthday's not until Monday, but I let him open it early ;)

that's cute!

Wesley loves to play with the water in the sink and usually will only drink that, not from his bowls. So I figured it was time to get him a fountain. I wish I knew Wesley's actual birthday....and where he was for a year :( The humane society put May 10 2009 as his birthday so I'll just go with that. The fountain was going to be his present but I didn't want to wait to give it to him to use so now I'll have to find something else to get him. Can't think of anything else though that he "needs." I'm making a cake for the family, treats for Wes :D ( :reject: :der: ) so he needs a gift too.

Cat's generally don't like using a litter box with a lid. Its an instinctual thing.

They are at their most vulnerable when they're doing their business so they like to have a clear visual of their surroundins in case there is danger approaching.

Usually taking to lid off does the trick unless his reaction is being caused by something else entirely.

Then why the lid at all? :huh:

You know...I'm not even kidding. When I made that post, I thought to myself, "Not that he frequents this thread, but I really hope Laz doesn't see that, because he's going to point out how dirty it is." Thank you, for being you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom