For Cat Lovers Only XVII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she's not eating dry or wet food it is at least no dental issue. Perhaps give her a treat or something, like fish or a small bit of ham or chicken breast, and see if she eats that?

I'll pick up some "real" meat on the way home. I was already going to stop into a local pet store that has higher quality stuff (as opposed to the grocery store to get the usual stuff), to see if I could find a brand that was at least new and exciting to her.

I've been worried about it for the past week or so, but today I'm stressing out all over the damn place because on top of Phoebe, I have a severe pain in my jaw that I've never had before, so I'm convinced both of us have some stupid diseases and I'm never going to be able to afford anything fun again because all my money will go to prevent us both from dying. :(

Also, I loathe my job today, so it's just shitty all over.

/melodrama

I'll pick up some "real" meat on the way home. I was already going to stop into a local pet store that has higher quality stuff (as opposed to the grocery store to get the usual stuff), to see if I could find a brand that was at least new and exciting to her.

I've been worried about it for the past week or so, but today I'm stressing out all over the damn place because on top of Phoebe, I have a severe pain in my jaw that I've never had before, so I'm convinced both of us have some stupid diseases and I'm never going to be able to afford anything fun again because all my money will go to prevent us both from dying. :(

Also, I loathe my job today, so it's just shitty all over.

/melodrama

first off.. :hug::hug::hug:

go with your gut feeling and try the real meat and or higher quality food.

Again, I highly recommend Blue Buffalo (they sell it at Petsmart). Good stuff in there and Nochi adores it. It's dry btw. They also have a wet food line that I haven't tried yet but I imagine its good if its anything like their dry food.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too!

My coworkers have reassured me that my jaw pain could very well be sinus-related (I've been dealing with allergies the past couple of weeks).

So I'm at least no longer convinced I'm dying. :wink: Still hurts, though.

I guess for now I should just at least try not to stress about it. She'll eat when she's hungry, and I'll just make sure to keep fresh food out for her. If she keeps losing weight, then I'll take it from there.

Good idea. She may just not be a big eater. My friends cat is a skinny twig but healthy.. he just doesnt eat a lot.

That may be the case. At least the vet said at the time the loss of half a pound didn't worry him; she wasn't scary skinny and her kidneys appeared to be fine.

I guess she doesn't take after me - I never miss a meal. :wink:

agrees with Sicy.. just monitor her for awhile and see how it goes, if she starts to look like she is really losing weight then take her to the vet or call them.

As for you missy, go zen out somewhere and you will be fine.. "Relax don't do it..." (courtesy of frankie):D

i too, never miss a meal even when I am sick.. grr.. sometimes I wish I would lose my appetite when I got the plague but alas no..

There's a couple of pictures from Maddy's pre-homecoming party on Facebook, and you can see Otto's mama. She's about a third of the size of Otto, LOL. I thought at first it was his sibling. Maddy tagged her 'big fat mama', LOL. Bottom left if anyone looks :shifty:

cori, do you grind your teeth when you sleep or clench you jaw a lot during the day - that could also be causing pain.

Chicken baby food, as long as it has no onions in it, is also a good option to get a finicky cat to eat - particularly if you warm it a little bit in the microwave.

Wally's growing up. He's six months old today . . . and likes to talk to his toys :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Qr2_nNeeY

There's a couple of pictures from Maddy's pre-homecoming party on Facebook, and you can see Otto's mama. She's about a third of the size of Otto, LOL. I thought at first it was his sibling. Maddy tagged her 'big fat mama', LOL. Bottom left if anyone looks :shifty:

I saw her :). That's nice that you got Otto from one of Maddy's friends :cute:

i couldn't get a decent shot, but the other day sam snuggled up with my bear :cute:
33777_495979761144_600186144_7297050_4165345_n.jpg

Hahaaa my friends cat used to have this giraffe that he loved....... :silent: :shifty:

Bowie has a cat toy that he either 1) Beats the shit out of or 2) Cuddles with incredibly suggestively :tsk:

Edit: I mean it's a stuffed animal that looks like a cat.

Good morning, cat people--

Our Fergus has developed a discharge from his left eye, in the corner near the tear duct. This is been going on for a couple of weeks. We wipe it away with warm water each day, but it returns. At first we thought it was dark in color, but it looks like that is just the effect it has on his fur near his eye. He seems fine otherwise--doesn't act like it's bothering him, appetite normal, daily activities normal.

Should we be concerned? Thanks for input! :wave:

I'd say as long as its not green or yellow (infection) and third eyelid is not showing, I wouldn't worry too much.

Bowie always seems to have gunk under his eye. It just seems to be that he's really teary because the vet doesn't appear to be alarmed by it.

Aww. Can you keep her in the bedroom or something during the day when they're working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom