For Cat Lovers Only XVII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccinations will definitely make them lethargic. Personally I dont give the Rabies or Fel Leuk shots because my cats dont go outside. There's no way they would ever contract these diseases.

It wasn't that much, so I'm not too upset about giving it to him, but I wish I'd known that before because I definitely don't want to have to put him through anything unnecessary :(.

So I got my pup a "Tell Bell". Basically like a bell you ring for service at a counter, but you put it by the door and train the dog to press it when he needs to go outside. My smart boy figured it out quickly, but has also decided to occasionally try and get my attention for other things with it, which I ignore. :shame:

I was woken up at too-early-o'clock this morning(ie: it was still dark) by a *DING* and thought 'WTF, no.' There was silence for a few moments, then another very deliberate *DING* and I thought 'OMG, dog, you are going to die. :angry:' There was another pause and then *DING* followed by a 'rrrrrooowrrrr? prrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrwwwwarrawrrrr?'

That little butthead of a cat has figured out that the bell means mom's awake. :madwife:

:lol:
:lol: Smart kitty!

Mousya and I enjoyed the first warm post-winter weekend in the backyard:

Musya2.jpg

Musya3.jpg

What was that noise????

Musya4.jpg

Those are so pretty! Love her eyes and bit of reddish furr!

It wasn't that much, so I'm not too upset about giving it to him, but I wish I'd known that before because I definitely don't want to have to put him through anything unnecessary :(.

In the future you can just get him the FVRCP shot which is a booster and protects against things that you can actually bring in on your clothes/shoes etc.

Grr, I need to leave my camera by the computer at all times because the cell phone camera takes too long to start up.

Anyways, Bowie just tried to swat at the football players on the tv. Like...hardcore.

He did it again. This time he's trying to kill Kiefer Sutherland. I'm sure this new habit will get old fast, but for now it's adorable.

2010-10-02205225.jpg

2010-10-02205533.jpg

Some of my cats get lethargic after rabies shots (and it is the law here, every 3 years, no way around it).

I'm pretty sure in California only dogs are required by law to have a rabies vaccination. If my cats were outdoor cats I'd definitely give it to them though. And ours give a 3 year I'm pretty sure, but only Purevax because the other brands have a risk of causing a sarcoma (cancer) at the injection site.

Apparently it's yearly in IN, because his tag expires in '11

That sucks. MI just requires a "valid" certificate (for cats and dogs...we do have wild animals with rabies), so valid is whatever date the vet records as the expiration. The 1, 3, 5 year vaccines are not different vaccines, it's just a difference in protocol, whether the vet does them every year or every 3 (or what the state requires). Since MI is not explicit, I have my vets issue a certificate that's good for 3 years. Posh however is not vaccinated because she had a vaccine site reaction. Luckily she's indoor and is terrified to go out so the only risk is a bat or raccoon getting inside and biting her.

Callie yawn--notice the absence of fangs. Since we adopted her as a stray from the Humane Society, we don't know whether they never descended, or whether they were removed in the past! Our vet couldn't tell, either.

CallieYawn.jpg

With just the little gums there she reminds me of Bugs Bunny.

Ok, it took a little less than 24 hours for Bowie's attacking the tv to make me want to strangle him. Football's the worst, he really has it out for those guys.

Callie yawn--notice the absence of fangs. Since we adopted her as a stray from the Humane Society, we don't know whether they never descended, or whether they were removed in the past! Our vet couldn't tell, either.

CallieYawn.jpg

The blanket she's laying on is the same color as her tongue :cute:

She's a calico right?

Looks almost exactly like a cat my roommates and I had in college. Her name was Dax.

We've all moved on from college for a few years now but, Dax is still with them and I see her every few months when I visit. I'll try to post some pictures of her

Phoebe is stressing me out. Her appetite has fluctated ever since having the surgery. Just before she started having the ear problems, she seemed to be consistently eating both dishes of wet food I'd give her morning and night.

But she'd lost half a pound when I took her in. And since then, I swear some days she barely eats at all. Some days (like yesterday morning), she eventually ate the whole small can of wet food I'd given her. And then barely touched her food at night, even when I put out some dry food to see if she'd eat that instead.

I've tried wet and dry. I've tried different brands. I've tried different flavors. She doesn't seem to be exhibiting any other issues - she's active, her litterbox activity is the same, she's alert.

I'm so afraid I'm going to have to take her in for a litany of tests to see what her problem is. This is really stressing me out that she's such a weird eater.

Does she seem stressed out in general? Does she hide or seem timid? Is she using the litterbox ok? Maybe some days her teeth/gums bother her more than others.

No, not at all! She occasionally still gives her head a shake like there's still something in the ear, but that's the only thing I can think of. She was really playful yesterday, her litterbox use has seemed absolutely fine - the only time she's had any issues was when she was on the antibiotic after the surgery.

Maybe that's it - I don't know what to do. :( It's not like she's not eating anything, so I don't think it's an emergency and I should take her in right away. She's about 2 weeks away from when it'll be time to report back to them with her weight (I have a friend with a scale with ounces, and I borrowed it to weigh her a few weeks ago for a good starting point, since I'm sure the scale is different than the one at the vet's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom