For Cat Lovers Only XV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His "appointment" was at 10. Still waiting to hear back from Jess.

Last night Jess and I snuggled with him on the couch while we watched our TV shows. When we went to bed, we played with him on the bed between us, just like we used to do when he was a kitten, before we got Roxie for him to play with. He was acting really playful, like nothing was even wrong, which made it even more sad.

Sterling was always fine in the bedroom. He sleeps at your feet, and rarely bothers you. Roxie's the one who wakes you up every 2 hrs by poking at you and whining, and she's the one who got both of them banished. It was really, really nice having him with us again.

I like to think he had a really nice 5 years, full of fun, snuggling, yummy Evo cat food, and a lot of space to run around in. Jess is going to have them check him out one last time to make absolutely sure nothing can be done, but when a cat pees half blood and half pee, I can't imagine it's a minor thing.

Thanks for all your good wishes. They really help.

You guys did everything right. :hug:

candle.gif

Jess just called. I don't have to say she's very upset.

We're going to keep his ashes, and keep them in a little box with his favorite red toy on top.

Well I'm back. That was one of the worst things I've had to go through, made worse by the fact that we spent so much quality time with him and he was so affectionate it made me feel extra awful. Sterling and I both cried all the way to the vet. She and I had a long talk and surgery was just not the best option for him. She felt there would not be enough healthy bladder tissue to sew up after the operation, for one thing. There were many other details but I just can't get into it now. She's an awesome vet and I trust her opinion.

I don't recall being this upset or crying this much in a long time. We have opted to keep his ashes. I'm not sure what we'll do with them...maybe put the container in his kitty bed with his favorite toys. They'll be ready in about a week. :sigh: :sad:

Oh Jess and Paul, I'm so so so sorry (and know how you feel). From everything you've said about him, Sterling was a wonderful furbaby, and you loved him a lot. Sounds like he had quite a wonderful life with you guys, which is how it should be after all. Just so sad for you both. :( :hug: Jess & Paul :hug:

I'm so sorry. :hug:

They claw their way into our hearts and it hurts so much to let them go.

I'm crying now, just reading this. I think all of us cat people just want to put our arms around you guys and hold you and let you cry all you want. Do it anyway! Having BTDT twice over the years, I know how your hearts are breaking. :hug::sad:

jess and paul!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!

MY HEART IS BREAKING INTO A MILLION PIECES!! :sad:This is awful! I know so well what you are going thru! :hug: x infinity!

this is awful! what a beautiful sterling and what a great cat..

i am at a loss for words other than I love Sterling too!

For the past few days I've had these agonizing knots in the back of my neck, right behind my right ear. I get those when I'm stressed, and this morning I finally noticed them starting to dissipate. I guess it was probably the stress of not knowing whether or not he was really getting better, and knowing we might have to make an awful decision like that.

Jess was so amazing through all this, and so brave having to take him in for his last appointment all by herself. I really wanted to be with them, but between the Bunning fiasco (see the FYM Poll if you don't know what I'm talking about), the snow week, and a touch of the flu, I've missed a LOT of days already, and with our boss not really being a pet person, I didn't want to risk trying to take yet another day off. I'm so far behind as it is.

Thanks for all your well wishes, they really do mean a lot. Even Roxie was quiet last night while we were all watching TV. I think she knows.

yeah, I am sure Roxie knows.. and will miss sterling too. I imagine her behavior will change and she may need some extra loving.. which I am sure she will get.. I am sure she sensed his illness days ago.. Animals are so intune to this amongst themselves and us humans.. It's truly amazing.

Again :hug: to you and jess. I had that awful drive too back in august when Isabella passed away right in front of me... It's beyond words.. We had her cremated privately and she is in a beautiful cherry wood box on our sofa table. We pass by her everyday.. I miss her so...:sad:

Paul and Jess, I am so sorry to hear about the bad news. I hope, in time, you can find comfort in knowing he was truly a well loved and happy kitty. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom