For Cat Lovers Only XV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's home. He's affectionate. But he still won't eat. I even heated up his food, but all he does is lick the gravy off of it.

I might try feeding him something else.

He's eating the RX food from the vet right? Maybe he just needs to settle in. Also try mixing a little water with it. The more water intake he gets the better.

He's EATING! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I went up to do his second feeding, and he had cleaned his plate from this morning. Then he ate more than half of what I put down.

His tail is UP and he is very affectionate.

I might close off the downstairs litterbox and let him out of that room for a bit once Roxie finishes her food.

It's not good news. :(

For the past two days, there has seemed to be very little in the litter box. Not enough to account for the food he's been eating, nor the liquid. Since neither Jess nor I know how much a single cat in his condition should pass in a day, I took the litterbox contents for the past 24 hrs to the vet. They asked us to bring him in at 3.

I brought him in, and he peed in the carrier, but when he came out, he left bloody footprints all over the table. They took him in the back to clean him up, and they said there was more blood than pee.

After checking him out, the vet is convinced that he has a tumor in his bladder. She's going by the feel of the mass, and the rate it's been growing since they've been seeing him. Apparently the success rate at removing these is very, very low, and sometimes they open them up to find they can't even remove them at all.

Need to sit down with Jess and figure out what to do from here.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :sigh: :hug:

omg noo this is so sad. :sad: I'm assuming she did xrays/ultrasound and tests to make sure, and not just going by feel? Isn't he just a few years old? He seems way too young for this type of thing. :( I'm so sorry you are all going through this. :hug:

omg noo this is so sad. :sad: I'm assuming she did xrays/ultrasound and tests to make sure, and not just going by feel? Isn't he just a few years old? He seems way too young for this type of thing. :( I'm so sorry you are all going through this. :hug:

They did all of it. Either here or at the emergency vets, or both. She said that without slicing him open the tumor is difficult to tell from a blood clot. But the clots shrink, they don't grow.

They are a really good vet and have a great rep in this county. She did say it's unusual, especially for his age, but she definitely knows what she's talking about.

I'm so fucking bummed. :( Jess is coming home early.

They did all of it. Either here or at the emergency vets, or both. She said that without slicing him open the tumor is difficult to tell from a blood clot. But the clots shrink, they don't grow.

They are a really good vet and have a great rep in this county. She did say it's unusual, especially for his age, but she definitely knows what she's talking about.

I'm so fucking bummed. :( Jess is coming home early.

Oh, man . . . I am so, so sorry to hear this. Little living creature . . . .:sad:

We've been pampering him all night. Roxie has been a bitch to him, so she's confined to the basement, with her food and litter.

We fed him a half can of tuna for dinner, which he devoured. Then we snuggled and petter him while we watched TV. We're keeping our bedroom door open tonight, so he has the choice of sleeping with us if he wants.

We can tell his not quite right though. He's way, way more affectionate than usual, and he seems restless. When he tries to sleep, he just keeps fidgeting and writhing. He's obviously in a lot of discomfort, just like the vet said.

I think we're going to take the vet's advice, which is to bring him in before he's in too much pain and put him to sleep. :( The vet urged us to do this as soon as possible, and definitely within the next 24 hrs (of our conversation today), otherwise he was going to start to suffer.

We wanted to spend one last nice night with him, so Jess is going to take him in tomorrow. It's sort of ironic - we got Roxie to keep him company, and now she's going to be the one needing a companion. Sad. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom