For Cat Lovers Only XV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indra, that's great--a cat carrier with a door on top, too! The only time Callie will willingly go into the carrier is when we are leaving the vet's. :lol: We have to take the top off to get her out of it when when get to the vet's, too. Fergus is so mellow, he walks right in!

Sterling is looking awesome. He has a strong appetite, and his litter box habits seem to be back to normal. He's still VERY mushy, and doesn't seem to have any problem at all with being quarantined. He's probably just glad to be at home and feeling well, and not at the scary vet's!

We've let Roxie visit him, but she still hisses at him. Either he still smells funny, or she's annoyed to have him back after having all our attention to herself for a few days. :lol:

How do you manage a top loading carrier? :lol: Mine over the years had perfected the art of spreading all 4 legs to snag the sides as you'd lower them into it. They were cartoonish in their antics in anti-carrier behaviour.
:tsk:

Now that I've gone and posted that, it looks like he might be blocking up again. :( He wasn't eating this morning, and he's only been going a few drops at a time.

Jess is taking him to the vets, just to be safe.

Update: The vet thinks he's maybe getting an infection in his bladder that his antibiotics aren't strong enough to handle, so she's putting him up for free for the next couple of days to run some really strong stuff through him and knock it out.

Did I mention that we love our vet?

That is awesome! It's so great to have a good vet. :up: I hope the stronger meds work. Did she say if he has crystals in his urine? That's what usually blocks the cat initially and then it leads to infection. I had to put Zoey on a strict canned food only diet when she had her problem because she not only had an infection but a lot of crystals in her urine and needed as much water intake as possible to break them up. That's also what her food is supposed to do aside from lower the ph, break down the crystals and stop them from forming. Hugs to you guys and Sterling :hug:

Update: The vet thinks he's maybe getting an infection in his bladder that his antibiotics aren't strong enough to handle, so she's putting him up for free for the next couple of days to run some really strong stuff through him and knock it out.

Did I mention that we love our vet?

Hope all goes well with poor little Sterling. :hug:

So there's a big, fluffy, orange cat hanging out on top of the fence across from our living room window. He and Mofo have been having a staring contest for the past half hour, with occasional chit-chat. Now Mofo is scratching away at the window and talking up a storm. Still, I assume it's not a terribly hostile encounter and he doesn't seem stressed. No growling or hissing.. :shrug:

How do you manage a top loading carrier? :lol: Mine over the years had perfected the art of spreading all 4 legs to snag the sides as you'd lower them into it. They were cartoonish in their antics in anti-carrier behaviour.
:tsk:
Head-first and quickly :lol:

:hug:s to the sick kitties. That's such unsettling feeling.

She is NOT supposed to be on this chair, the matching chair, or the couch in this room, per the few rules of her moving in with me, but I think I officially need to give up trying to scold her when she goes up here. I think she likes it because she can see the whole house, including who is coming up and down the steps from here. We used to kick her off but so far no damage has been done and she could care less about the gigantic plant so as long that keeps up then I guess Lily has a favorite new spot.....

IMG_3671.jpg

It's not looking good. The vet called with an update. He's blocked up again, but they think it's due to swelling, so they've shot him up with steroids. The bad news is that he's still not eating, and if they can't get him to eat something, and can't keep him from blocking up, we might not have many options left. :(

one just cause I love this one....we were putting together a new cat toy for her a few weeks ago, that she has yet to even touch :angry:, but she certainly had a fun afternoon with the instructions. She kept rubbing herself all over this paper. :coocoo:

IMG_3756.jpg

It's not looking good. The vet called with an update. He's blocked up again, but they think it's due to swelling, so they've shot him up with steroids. The bad news is that he's still not eating, and if they can't get him to eat something, and can't keep him from blocking up, we might not have many options left. :(

:hug: :(

:( What about this surgery? It's called Perineal Urethrostomy. Can you ask about it?

What Is a Perineal Urethrostomy?

*although he probably has to get better first before they'd be able to do anything like that. :(

She is NOT supposed to be on this chair, the matching chair, or the couch in this room, per the few rules of her moving in with me, but I think I officially need to give up trying to scold her when she goes up here.

It's hard to scold them when they look so cute being bad. I've also given up on scolding Saki when he goes up on the entertainment center.

He's home. He's affectionate. But he still won't eat. I even heated up his food, but all he does is lick the gravy off of it.

I might try feeding him something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom