For Cat Lovers Only XV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worf seems better today. Ate a little twice on her own w/o any prompting from me. Giving her fluids was an experience :huh: - but we (my sister helped) seem to have done it okay.

It is amazing how quickly a cat can feel better when they get rehydrated. There were several times I took my Mitzi cat to the vet thinking she couldn't possibly pull through yet again, but with some fluids she would feel better within hours.

And it really does help to have two people when you are giving fluids. :up:

Cats v dogs? The answer's really a matter of degrees

saw this little article in my local paper and thought of you all :D

who knew huh :giggle:

I read that article. I was surprised to see only 7% of the respondants had both cats and dogs. I've always had and loved both.

It is amazing how quickly a cat can feel better when they get rehydrated. There were several times I took my Mitzi cat to the vet thinking she couldn't possibly pull through yet again, but with some fluids she would feel better within hours.

And it really does help to have two people when you are giving fluids. :up:

I totally second this. Our old family cat had to get fluids and she always felt better afterwards.

I cant post pics of my feral cats on FB because my landlord is a whore and she's on my friends list and she cant know that I take care of these cats so anyway, Patches and Snowflake. :heart:

pattycakes.jpg

pattysnow2-10.jpg

snowflake2-10.jpg

nice pics :)

need some advice here, taking a little trip in June, not just an overnighter either. May be gone 5 days. Im wondering if i should board Boomer & Oreo....i hate to leave them at home by themself for that long. They would probably tear the house up. I would have to have multiple litter boxes and extra food, etc. But mainly i think they would be upset with me for leaving them. Overnight or even two days would be fine... but this is too long for them to go without me. I hate to board them though.

i have some time to think all of this through and greatly appreciate all suggestions. They will be 2 years old next month to btw.

I wouldn't board them. They will be so stressed out. If you have some one that could check on them once a day I think that's best. Maybe even close them off from specific rooms if you're worried about the house.

Thanks for the advice, i can probably keep them up in my bedroom. Finding someone to come feed them shouldnt be too hard. IM glad i have a lot of time to plan this out.

I agree--if you can have someone come in a couple of times a day to replenish food and clean litter boxes, it would be so much less stressful than boarding them!

I agree--if you can have someone come in a couple of times a day to replenish food and clean litter boxes, it would be so much less stressful than boarding them!

I think i have a friend who can come in once a day or so and clean out the litter box, feed and water them and generally check on them. I have gone and fed their dogs everytime they go on vacation so it shouldnt be a problem.

Im just worried about them because they have never been alone for very long (2 days max). Boomer is more "independent" and typical cat, he was the leader of the litter. Oreo is a bit more "needy" and he was momma's favorite kitty.

Im so glad i have them for companions. Oreo walks me to the door every morning when i go to work. They are both at the door to greet me when i get home in the evening. Ive never known cats to do that...most cats i have seen would barely notice that....maybe open one eye when their person comes home :D

I think i have a friend who can come in once a day or so and clean out the litter box, feed and water them and generally check on them. I have gone and fed their dogs everytime they go on vacation so it shouldnt be a problem.

Im just worried about them because they have never been alone for very long (2 days max). Boomer is more "independent" and typical cat, he was the leader of the litter. Oreo is a bit more "needy" and he was momma's favorite kitty.

Im so glad i have them for companions. Oreo walks me to the door every morning when i go to work. They are both at the door to greet me when i get home in the evening. Ive never known cats to do that...most cats i have seen would barely notice that....maybe open one eye when their person comes home :D

Sounds like you have two very sweet "people cats." :love: I think they'll be fine if someone comes in a couple times a day to "do" for them--but they will also be very happy to see you when you come home, because they *will* miss you!

Sounds like you have two very sweet "people cats." :love: I think they'll be fine if someone comes in a couple times a day to "do" for them--but they will also be very happy to see you when you come home, because they *will* miss you!

Yeah they are cool. I will miss them too...but i do need to get away...and this trip is going to be very special.

I leave my guy with a few extra toys and a sweater or nightshirt that's been well-worn. Seems to help the pup out when he's away from me, so I imagine it can't hurt to try with the cat :shrug: He likes to curl up in my used laundry/blankets/towels and kneed or "make pies" as we call it, so it might help make them feel more secure.

And a couple of Zoey.

zoeyclosebw2-10.jpg
That's just a headbutt or a nose-nuzzle waiting to happen. :love:

Months ago, I ordered something that came in a big box full of tissue paper. It's Phoebe's new favorite place to be. If I put a blanket over half of the top, she's in heaven.

Kitty in the box!

kittyinthebox2.jpg

kittyinthebox.jpg

And just a kitty in the sunshine.

sunshinekitty.jpg

and Nochi! great pics cori!:cute:

Nochi absolutely loves balls, rubber balls she bats them around all day long. I can hear her rolling it around on the main level of the house when I am in the basement..

Ok, I need some input.

Last night, Sterling started acting really strange. VERY lethargic and mopey. He didn't come for food, so I went and found him wedged under one of our beds. I slide my hand in to pet him, and he seemed fine, until he growled at me and hissed. He NEVER hisses.

A few hours later I went up and found cat vomit everywhere. He finally made his way down to the litter box, but he was still really sluggish. Jess sat down next to him and petted him, and he seemed to appreciate it, but... and here's the REALLY strange part... Roxie walked up to him, sniffed at him, the started hissing at him. :confused:

In fact, every time she gets near him, she hisses at him. It's truly bizarre. She has also been really needy since this whole thing started.

This morning Roxie woke us up at 4am, wailing. I went out to see what was up with her, and she growled and hissed at me repeatedly. I was worried she was having the same problem as Sterling, but this morning she was fine - playful and cuddly.

If Sterling is still acting funny tonight, he goes straight to the vet. I have no idea what's going on, other than maybe he ate something he shouldn't have, but that doesn't explain the hissing. It just makes no sense. :shrug:

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Cats can hiss when they're in pain or not feeling well. Roxie hissed at him most likely because she could tell there was something wrong with him, he is not himself. They're trying to tell you something. I would take him in ASAP by tonight if he's the same judging from what you just posted.

Thanks.

The vet sounds like the best plan. I was thinking maybe he smelled different or something which prompted the hissing.

I can't imagine what he might have eaten (assuming it's that). Nothing in the house has changed recently.

Any plants in the house? Or strings, dental floss, etc things like that? Other than you should monitor his litterbox behavior very closely to make sure he's not blocked. That would also cause not eating and vomiting and that is a serious issue for male cats.

Both our bathroom trashcans have lids, so no chance of him having gotten to the floss.

No new plants that haven't been there the whole time, and in fact, some of the ones we did have died and have been thrown out.

We have lots of stinkbugs (have NO idea how they get in) but they've been around all winter, so the cats ignore them as part of the furniture.

I'm stumped. :shrug:

The vet will probably ask us for stool, which will be easy because I had just scooped the litter before all this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom