For Cat Lovers Only XIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be fine if you just dont let them out until the spray dries.

That is so cute about the bird fountain! My cats WOULD LOVE something like that but unfortunately no room on my small apt. patio :( I have a hummingbird feeder, that's about it and I love the 'chirping' noises they make when they see birds. :cute:

I sprayed last night around 6 so its been over 24 hours, the spray says animals may re-enter area after 12 hours so it should be all good if i let them out tomorrow after work for a bit. This morning i had three dead bugs on the kitchen floor, so this spray works good, i had to sweep them up before Oreo & Boomer found them.

So these chirping noises are normal for cats? I've heard plenty of hiss, meow, growl, and even screams, but this chirping thing is a first for me. :cute: Its cool though we like it. I know they really want a bird but when i do let them out they both wear break-away collars with bells so the birds have a running chance. Of course they both figured out how to take the collars off so i had to go and buy new ones.

Sicy one day you will be in a house and have a birdbath outside the window for your cats enjoyment, they will never leave the window when you do!

At what age do cats usually start getting retarded? :huh: My cat was outside just a few minutes ago while we had dinner, and I saw her pee. Now I got upstairs, went into my bedroom and my cat's following me.

And I hear her scratch my bag, and turn around, and she's making the pose to pee on it! And I could barely get her away from my bag. :angry: She peed on it. Wtf?

The only moments she's done that before was when she had cystitis. This time the pee was completely clear so that's not it.
I took her outside, and put my bag in the tub with water and some cleaning stuff, but not sure what else to do. :huh: Is there even anything I can do?

At what age do cats usually start getting retarded? :huh: My cat was outside just a few minutes ago while we had dinner, and I saw her pee. Now I got upstairs, went into my bedroom and my cat's following me.

And I hear her scratch my bag, and turn around, and she's making the pose to pee on it! And I could barely get her away from my bag. :angry: She peed on it. Wtf?

The only moments she's done that before was when she had cystitis. This time the pee was completely clear so that's not it.
I took her outside, and put my bag in the tub with water and some cleaning stuff, but not sure what else to do. :huh: Is there even anything I can do?

If she peed that soon after last peeing, and especially not in the appropriate spot, she may have a UTI. The pee can be clear and they could still have an infection/crystals, etc. I would keep a close eye on her, if she keeps it up she should have a urinalysis if anything to at least rule out a medical condition.

So these chirping noises are normal for cats? I've heard plenty of hiss, meow, growl, and even screams, but this chirping thing is a first for me. :cute:

This site has some neat Q&A's about cats, I think you'd like it. :yes:

CatStuff: Why does a cat do that?

Why does a cat chatter when he sees a bird?

When a cat kills prey, it bites down quickly several times. The "chatter" is simulating the cat's behavior at the time of attack.
Alternatively (according to a visitor): it's pure and simple frustration. When a cat is stalking or killing a bird, they're almost invariably completely silent. It's when they are shut off from the prey that they chatter.

Depends on how bad it smells I guess. I've heard of a lot of people just doing regular cleaning and it's fine. Beckham must have super intense urine or something b/c even using special enzyme products, I can still smell the cat smell (it's not really a bad smell, and you wouldn't notice it or think it's bad unless you knew, I just can't stop thinking about it when I smell it) so generally I throw away everything my cats pee on.

Thanks for the tips :)

I cleaned the bag with some special product, letting it dry now.

Meanwhile, cat's back on the scene of the crime. Though there's nothing odd right now. I'll keep an eye on her the next few days.

On the making noise topic, I think it's normal. Mine does it, and our old cat used to do it too. And smartly enough this one also 'waggles' her tail badly, so all the birds see her WAY before she could even try to attack them. :giggle:

ETA: She just tried again, on my other bag. :| AFTER I put her outside again. Something is definately up, I feel this is asking for attention rather than needing to pee.

I would confine her from the area. I don't know cat behavior like I know dogs, but I know dogs at least do not do things out of spite, jealousy, for attention....things like that. If they keep peeing in the wrong spot, there is either something wrong medically, or they need further training. If the cat keeps going in the same spot or on the same type of texture, to me that seems like the cat has just decided that is the correct place to pee (for example when Beckham had this issue, he always peed on damp, dirty laundry, like things we took off right after exercising). So, if medical issues are ruled out, I would not allow the cat access to this area or this type of surface/texture for a few weeks and reinforce the litter box. Maybe add another one and clean them all more frequently.

I'll put my bags on my desk I guess. Well I could reinforce the litter box, but she doesn't use it anyway so it's still clean. She always pees outside, unless it's too cold out and the ground's frozen.

I'll do it just in case.

Edit:
There's definately something wrong. I went upstairs to change the litterbox(is in the attic) and my dad told me she's been on there FOUR times while he was on the pc(0,5 hr max). As I just said before, she doesn't use the litterbox unless the ground is frozen. It's been 20C out here last week.
And four times, really shortly. Sounds like she got peeing issues to me.
I changed the litterbox and the various spots where she can drink. Hope that'll help. I'll keep an eye on her and if it keeps happening call the vet.

This site has some neat Q&A's about cats, I think you'd like it. :yes:

CatStuff: Why does a cat do that?

Thanks!!!

I just read through that entire list, i found myself crinkling up paper to see if i could get a reaction out of them, but nothing but blank stares :D

Very cool list, i have it bookmarked.

The boys got to run around outside while i washed cars, as usual they didnt want to come back in but now that they are back inside its time to lay underneath my office chair and bite my ankles.

Its funny because when they were outside the birds on the rooftop next door were making a fuss at the cats, but they just stared back and didnt do the chattering noise just wagged their tails. But inside from the window they go nuts!

I love springtime!! :hug:

Thanks for the tips :)

On the making noise topic, I think it's normal. Mine does it, and our old cat used to do it too. And smartly enough this one also 'waggles' her tail badly, so all the birds see her WAY before she could even try to attack them. :giggle:

Ditto on the wagging the tail thing.

Good luck on figuring out what to do btw :)

Its funny because when they were outside the birds on the rooftop next door were making a fuss at the cats, but they just stared back and didnt do the chattering noise just wagged their tails. But inside from the window they go nuts!

Haha that's probably because they know they can easily 'get them' if they wanted to outside. If they are inside they know they cant get them so they freak. Cats are funny.

GG, Do you have only one litterbox?

I have one cat and she was doing this too and I put out two different litterboxes in the house and just keeping them clean.

Haha that's probably because they know they can easily 'get them' if they wanted to outside. If they are inside they know they cant get them so they freak. Cats are funny.

well they haven't learned to fly just yet, but they do climb on roofs :angry: plus ive had to rescue them several times from up in the trees.

if the birds are smart they will build their nests up really high

This little Rascal decided to wake me up by ploppin her fat belly on DMP's face at 4:30 AM

006-1.jpg

This is what DMP looks like at 4 in the morning, careful ladies I know its sexy, haha J/K

005-2.jpg

Love the kitty pics :heart:

When my friend and I move to our own apartment this summer, we are definitely getting a cat. We've both decided we dislike dogs and we miss having a kitty around.... so it's going to be a pretty kitty with a pink bow around her neck, hopefully with blue eyes. :heart:

Arrrrgh... Ok, so I took Mia in today for her yearly shots. She's an indoor cat but I like to get the shots to keep her up to date on everything. I also wanted the vet to look at the corner of her eye, which looks like it had been scratched. I got antibiotics for that, but the shots didn't happen because she has a fever. :huh: The vet waited a few minutes because he wanted to take it again, just to make sure she wasn't overheated (it's warm today and my car was hot but I obviously had the windows down). When he took it again she still had a fever so no shots and he told me to bring her in next week.

So.... Everything else is fine, she's eating, peeing, pooping, acting like a goofball, so I'm not totally worried but it did freak me out a bit cause they kept saying to me "well she's an older cat" :angry: Cats live to be 13, 14 + now sometimes, right?

Her neck even looks great lately. Ugh. I don't want my baby to get old. :(:sigh:

Poor Mia :( :hug:

I said this to you on Facebook, but it is normal for cats to have a slight fever at the vet due to stress. And I'm sure the heat didnt help. I'm sure she'll be fine. :hug:

Girl ChiChi lived to be 19.. even with kidney failure.

Also, this is just my personal opinion, but if she's indoor only the only shots she should really need is the every 3 year booster, FVRCCP and always make sure they give her shots in the legs, never between the shoulders as there is a risk for vaccine related sarcomas. There's probably no chance in hell she would ever get rabies or Leukemia .. I never let them give my guys those shots.

Arrrrgh... Ok, so I took Mia in today for her yearly shots. She's an indoor cat but I like to get the shots to keep her up to date on everything. I also wanted the vet to look at the corner of her eye, which looks like it had been scratched. I got antibiotics for that, but the shots didn't happen because she has a fever. :huh: The vet waited a few minutes because he wanted to take it again, just to make sure she wasn't overheated (it's warm today and my car was hot but I obviously had the windows down). When he took it again she still had a fever so no shots and he told me to bring her in next week.

So.... Everything else is fine, she's eating, peeing, pooping, acting like a goofball, so I'm not totally worried but it did freak me out a bit cause they kept saying to me "well she's an older cat" :angry: Cats live to be 13, 14 + now sometimes, right?

Her neck even looks great lately. Ugh. I don't want my baby to get old. :(:sigh:

Just keep an eye on her; I'm sure she'll be fine. :hug:

Yes, it is hard to watch our kitties get old. :hug: When we had Callie to the vet for her arthritis last month, it was kinda shocking to see her referred to as a "geriatric cat." I mean, she's only six or seven! Our Miss Purrl lived to 20-1/2 years old, and had a good life. We do love our babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom