For Cat Lovers Only XIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. He is gorgeous, and he knows it too!

Still haven't got the more recent pics, but I will upload them as soon as i can

my parents got another kitten. :cute: This is Natasha.

P1010279.jpg

P1010283.jpg

And Nala is getting to be such a big girl now. :heart:

P1010272.jpg

P1010280.jpg

Oh I'm so sorry. That had to be very hard. :sad: :hug:

Thats really really awful :hug:

PLease accept my deepest sympathies :wave:

:( Sorry for your losses.

I love when kittens are still fluffy. Dan, your little guy is darling! :heart:
:hug: Thanks. It sucked even more because I was at school, so I couldn't be with them. They were old though--Tasha was 15 and ended up having kidney failure and Sushi was around 13 and had cancer of some sort. We still have Sophie, our hairless Sphynx. I'll post pictures tomorrow if I get the chance. I think I posted some like two years ago in an old Cat Lovers Only thread lol.

Tasha was my buddy. She'd always sleep by my legs at night when I was a little girl. She was the one that I'd cry to whenever I fought with my parents--always nice to have someone who won't talk back, but just listen. In the past year while home from school, she'd wait up for me to come home at night(2 in the morning) whenever I was out with friends. Then she'd follow me to the bathroom while I showered. Then to my bedroom, proceeding to meow until I got into bed. Then, she'd snuggle up in my arms for the night. She used to hate to lay anywhere near the top portion of your body, but that's all she wanted as she got older. I think she had arthritis. Plus, we could tell her feet hurt her from being declawed-which is why we will never declaw another cat again.

Sushi was a stray when we got her as a kitten. My grandma had a feral black cat that she fed. 'Mama Kitty' would always bring her kittens along with her, so my grandma would trap the kittens and bring them to PAWS (the shelter she and I worked at) to have them adopted. One litter consisted of four-five black kittens and two Siamese. She trapped all but one Siamese because it didn't return. Those were all adopted out. Lo and behold, a month or two later the other Siamese returned! She trapped it, and we had a new kitten in the family. She used to be terrified of new people in the house, so she'd hide. In the past five or so year, she got to the point of liking new people and being out and around. She was very polite--she'd make all attempts to avoid jumping on you/walking across you/etc. She loved to sleep in my bed as well. However, she had to be on the pillow furthest from my head or at the footend away from my body.

Sophie, is a whole 'nother story. She's basically a psychopath. I'm not even kidding, Plus, she's extremely rude. She'll make all attempts to walk across you/jump on you/stand on you just for the heck of it. She loves to sleep under the covers where it's nice and warm. The only problem is that if I try to move, she won't. I have to basically push her around to get comfortable. Plus she gets extremely hot. I'll wake up sometimes, feeling like I'm burning up, only to realize that she's in my bed. We can tell when she's warm because her skin turns a shade of pink :lol:. Lately she's developed a 'scream' that she does when she wants attention. It's hilarious. My mom says that she's a "person in a cat's body". Sometimes I believe it :lol:

Sorry for the long post, I just miss them :(

I'm sorry u2shamrock :( :hug:

My dad took some pictures of Worf yesterday - she's 15.

DSCN0685.jpg

DSCN0687.jpg

And this is Smokey, Worf's "boyfriend". He's an outside cat that belongs to someone on the next street over. I call him Worf's boyfriend because Smokey's the only cat that Worf's ever seen that she didn't want to kill :reject: It's kind of sweet - sometimes we open the window and they sniff at each other through the screen :lol:
DSCN0681.jpg

Tasha and Sushi

Thanks guys :hug:. Kelly, Worf is just :love:!!

Here's some pictures of mine:
Tasha
3413459196_89b69cc199.jpg

3412654005_529dab1e4b.jpg

with our Doberman Sealy that we used to have
3413461064_91ed6849c9.jpg

Sushi
3412653811_336ce27abf.jpg

3413459418_66fc4b91f4.jpg

3413500208_728a04d4c9.jpg

3412693911_f3163d6e26.jpg

3412694093_f3c4461051.jpg

Sophie

And here are some of Sophie:
the first one is from the first day we had her. she had no fuzz at all on her then
142468086_8c071d41f7.jpg

3413461022_88d99f3b0b.jpg

3412654267_6fb55c8bcb.jpg

3413460300_ab5feb4a8c.jpg

212816947_1933496886.jpg

my best friend's mom loves her, so she gave her this sweatshirt that didn't fit their dog :lol:
3413458676_9e9d731c02.jpg

all three of them on my parents' bed
302468301_4d60cf75e2.jpg

stare-down
219728161_bdebae20ef.jpg

Lovely pictures shamrock. :cute: What does Sophie feel like? I've never felt a Sphinx cat before. Does she like to be pet?

She kind of feels like chamois leather or suede. She loves to be pet! But not if your hands are cold :lol:. She has peach fuzz all over her body, but her stomach is completely hair-free. Whenever I come home from college, it takes me a few minutes to get used to petting her again. It's almost like you're petting a person :lol:

Dear Interference,

I need your help.

My family cat, Ellie, has mostly been a wonderful cat. She's cute, soft, and extraordinarily affectionate. She's been known to spend hour's at a time purring on someone's lap or lying on their stomach while they sleep. There's just one problem: She sometimes has trouble peeing in her litter box.

In the past, she's peed on a large throw-on rug (which ruined the hardwood underneath the rug too) a bed (which stained the bed permanently), and several small bathroom rugs (We oftentimes wash the rugs after she pees on them, and then she'll pee on them again a couple more times before she moves on). Although these are certainly annoying instances, they had been tolerated until just recently. The reason that this is now becoming a major problem is because the house is on the market, and of course, having cat pee in a house is going to prevent people from buying it.

A couple months ago, brand new carpet was installed in the upstairs house, and fortunately, for the first couple months Ellie had not exhibited any behavior that suggested she would pee on the carpet. However, with the house on the market, we have been (at the advice of our vet) giving her anti-depressants, and putting her in her carrying case during showings of the house (which she hates). Of course, a week into this, she pees on a throw-on rug. To avoid this from happening again, Ellie is being placed in the unfinished section of our basement during the day (which she also hates).

Since she had only been peeing when nobody was home, we thought we had the problem solved, and although it was not an ideal situation, it at-least seemed workable. However, to our terror, yesterday she peed on the brand new carpet upstairs. Although she does not appear to have done any significant damage, this seems to have been the last straw. Right now (at the advice of the vet/friends), she is permanently being placed in the unfinished part of the basement.

Given that this area of the house is dark, cold, and isolated from people, this seems to me like a highly inhumane solution, and one that will likely lead to depression for Ellie since she is so needy for affection. I have been fighting to free her (unsuccessfully), so this is where I need your help:

Is there a better solution for Ellie that keeps the house safe, while also allowing her to get out of the basement? Or, am I overreacting to how my family is treating her, and should stop worrying?

Thank you for reading this long post, and for any help you can give me.

Well, in my opinion 'punishing her' by keeping her in the basement or places she does not like will just make the problem worse. And honestly, I don't really like that your vet has her on anti-depressants. This is a behavior issue that could probably be taken care of without medication.

Here is a thread with list of things to try to get your cat to stop peeing outside of the litterbox:

Inappropriate Peeing Problems Answered - TheCatSite.com Forums

I hope you can get it straightened out!

She kind of feels like chamois leather or suede. She loves to be pet! But not if your hands are cold :lol:. She has peach fuzz all over her body, but her stomach is completely hair-free. Whenever I come home from college, it takes me a few minutes to get used to petting her again. It's almost like you're petting a person :lol:

That must be so weird.. :shifty:

Well, in my opinion 'punishing her' by keeping her in the basement or places she does not like will just make the problem worse. And honestly, I don't really like that your vet has her on anti-depressants. This is a behavior issue that could probably be taken care of without medication.

Here is a thread with list of things to try to get your cat to stop peeing outside of the litterbox:

Inappropriate Peeing Problems Answered - TheCatSite.com Forums

I hope you can get it straightened out!

Thanks for the site. After looking at some of the solutions and seeing that we had already tried (without success) most of them, we ended up deciding to temporarily place Ellie with my Uncle's family until the house sells, then bring her back for the new house and perhaps get her a behaviorist to help her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom