For Cat Lovers Only XII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed! Maybe she could get used to staying in? It's *so* dangerous out there! Not only from being "cat-napped", but traffic and diseases and mean kids (oh, my!). Before we "adopted" Fergus, who was a neighborhood stray, the neighbor kids had him shut up in their playhouse in the heat of summer, and also had him in a box out by the curb with a "for sale" sign on it!

I know those kids ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, DH was aghast that his sister lets her cat stay out all day while she's at work (DH has been house/cat-sitting for her in CT). He loves our boys so much, so it was cute to hear him talking about it.

It's *so* dangerous out there! Not only from being "cat-napped", but traffic and diseases and mean kids (oh, my!). Before we "adopted" Fergus, who was a neighborhood stray, the neighbor kids had him shut up in their playhouse in the heat of summer, and also had him in a box out by the curb with a "for sale" sign on it!

Beckham has snuck out a few times and been out all night for a few times now and it scares me to death! I've had to take off work to hunt him down, though now that he wants out I will take him out for short supervised periods on his harness and since then he has learned where the door is so if he sneaks out at night he generally is waiting by the door when we realize he is gone and go looking. He also has a bell collar and I'm trying to find an ID tag I made him that says INDOOR ONLY, CALL xxx-xxxx so people know he's NOT supposed to be out. There are so many feral, stray, and neglected "outdoor" cats where I live, no one would even try to catch him and return him so I know it's *my* responsibility to hunt him down if someone leaves the door open.

My blood boils when I see cats left outside. This woman across the street from me always talks about how much she loves cats. Well, her cats are always in MY yard, fighting. They look all mangy and never wear ID. If they were social and didn't act feral, I'd probably bring them to the shelter, but I can't even approach them. We live less than a block off one of the busiest streets in the state! They deserve better.

Speak of the devil, here he is, trying out Coke's crate
2848858077_2be99a0eca.jpg

Marijke needs to be Furminated!
2849688546_1c73fa5a00.jpg

I don't think it matters :lol:

last night my wife and I were eating carrot sticks and hummus and they all gathered around... The funniest is when you show them the carrot stick and they sniff it and get this disgusted look, but still go back to begging when you go to eat the next one :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

your's & Phil's "menagerie", Liesje....that's such a wonderfully fun/sweet set of photos! :giggle::heart:

Worf has cat dandruff. :huh:

I just noticed it recently in the last few weeks. At first I thought it was sand, because she likes to sun herself by the sliding glass doors and maybe the carpet was dirty from sand tracked in. Today I was petting her and it's definitely dandruff - mainly on her back, near the base of her tail.

My question is - is this harmful for her? It doesn't seem to bother her and it hasn't bothered my allergies so far. Should I get something for her or is this just a normal part of aging for a cat (she'll be 15 next month)?

One of my cats, Sushi, died on us last month. Here is the last few pictures we took of him.

SN150048.jpg

SN150041.jpg

When he died i was worried because i thought we didnt have enough pictures of him but my dad took some a month ago on the sly. :)
Yeah he did have a bad ear, thats what fighting does to you :lol:

I'm so sorry Vaz. :sad: Sushi was so beautiful. :hug: Those are lovely pics.

I always have a soft spot for ripped eared kitties (I tell them they must like to stick their noses where they don't belong), and Sushi sure had a major rip in his ear. :cute:

I'm so sorry, Vaz. The loss of one of our fur babies is a hard thing. After we lost our old Maxie a couple of years ago, I remember telling another cat lover I think the lifespan of our pets is one of God's mistakes. They told me, it just means we can love more of them as we live. :hug:

I agree about white cats being beautiful - they're gorgeous and so was Sushi. Sorry to hear that :hug:

I'm on the other side of the country at the moment but I got a call from my bf last night saying the cat that was previously abandoned by our neighbours but now always hangs out in our backyard, gave birth to two kittens in our garage yesterday afternoon. This is the second time in about 3 months!

I think I'm going to call Animal Services (they put animals up for adoption) to collect them as I suspect the racoons (a major problem in Toronto) got to the last kittens. I hate to do it as we've taken a real liking to the cat but Misha detest other cats so we can't officially adopt her... :shrug:

sorry to hear Vaz. :(

anyhow, someone mentioned cat-napper? there is a wall I pass and someone round must have been kidnapping them and got caught! it states this and thanks the police.

:ohmy:

and my cat, just recently its lovely to have her come over and be a bit cuddly and social with me as she is mainly anti-social. :up:

I'm not sure what part of Toronto you're in, or what areas are serviced by which facilities, but if possible, I'd urge you to call Toronto Humane Society. They're a no-kill shelter, and they do amazing work. Toronto Humane Society | Welcome

they are up their eyeballs in cats right now; 800 + last time I talked to someone over there...

We belong to a feral feeding program so we're always dealing with kittens... I really wish people would take spaying neutering seriously around here...

I ended up calling the Etobicoke Humane Society and they said they can't take the kittens until they're 8 weeks old...they'll try to find a foster parent until that time because I wouldn't be able to as my cat absolutely hates other cats. :shrug:

ETA: Okay, I took the cat and 4 kitties (she must had 2 more after she was in our garage) and put them in the basement until someone else with a better living arrangement can take them in...They're adorable and I think the mother is content to be inside, she was a house cat to begin with.

I'd post pics but I'm scared the flash would force their eyes open! ha!

Just tonight I've noticed Jack has started being mean to Bela, his mom. Not just playing around and chasing each other, I've seen them do that. I mean Jack had her cornered her like Lovey does sometimes, and the hissing and clawing started and Jack scratched Bela's nose. That blew me away. I took Jack back to the bedroom and shut the door. What is going on? Is he copycating Lovey's behavior with Bela?
This just breaks my heart since Bela has had to put up with so much shit from life in general then Lovey, now Jack.
If I could afford to have Jack and Max fixed I would but I just can't at this time since I've been helping my son out financially. He went back to work today, but I'm it's going to be awhile before I'm caught back up.
Jack and Max the boys are not fixed but Bela and Lovey the girls, are.
I noticed over the weekend that Max had started growling at Jack, too.. like Bela does at Lovey when she's cornered. I know it's confusing, but these are all new behaviors and I don't know what to think other than it's a full moon cycle :lol:
Hopefully they'll go back to normal in a couple of days. :wink:
In the meantime I'm just going to put Jack and Lovey in one part of the house and Bela and Max in the other when I'm not home. I don't want Bela terrorized.

Good idea, Sue. I hate to think of poor Bela being terrorized, or even injured. :sad:

They seemed so happy to see each other after I got home. Jack was grooming his mommie. Little shit..he just had to be away from her for a day, I guess. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :heart: I hope.
Next time Lovey or Jack goes after Bela I'm putting them in the time out room by themselves. We'll see if it works. :wink:

They seemed so happy to see each other after I got home. Jack was grooming his mommie. Little shit..he just had to be away from her for a day, I guess. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :heart: I hope.
Next time Lovey or Jack goes after Bela I'm putting them in the time out room by themselves. We'll see if it works. :wink:

Time out for kitties! :lol:

Whenever I'd get in the car today, Stimpy would follow and get all cuddly before I left, it would get a bit much at times and it was hard to make him leave. So I gave him a quick drive out the back... he kept on walking around and headbutting me as I was driving, though. :lol: No worries, I wasn't going past 5kmph, but I think he was still a bit disoriented when he got out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom